WIN

Brave high school student saves a man hanging from a building

By alice101   28 days ago   29,997   485   15
buzz

A high school student who saved a stranger's life is getting praised for his bravery.

According to the Department Education of Gwangju, the high school student, Lee Kyung Hoon, was walking home from school at around 6:30 PM on October 11 when he found a man hanging on the railing of a fifth-floor porch of an apartment building. The wife of the man was holding her husband's hand and screaming, "Help me!

Lee quickly ran up the stairs and found the unit and jumped in to help, shouting, "Call the police and 119 (emergency services)," to the wife. Even though Lee is small in stature, he hung onto the man with all his might until the rescue crew and cops arrived.

This student's good deed came out almost two months later when the wife of the victim visited Lee's high school to personally thank her hero.

SEE ALSO: Handsome high school volleyball player creates a buzz online

The school decided to award Lee with an exemplary citizenship award on December 5.

The police who was called to the site stated, "At first, I thought Lee was the son in the family, but when I heard that he was a total stranger, I was shocked. He did really well. He did the right thing."

The high school student said, "I couldn't think of anything else but to save the man...If it happens again, I would do the same thing without thinking about it twice."

1. Buzz

Leyzell 27 days ago

this kind of good deed are few of the things that really touch my heart and revives our faith in humanity!!!!!! such a brave young man! i salute you, sir!

dc222a 27 days ago

Cute AND a good person. Yaas!

namjicki_minaj 28 days ago

I really thought it was Woozi. Great work anyway!! Faith in humanity restored!

LauraDragon 28 days ago

clarissaxd 28 days ago

This boy is not only brave but also cute

dc222a clarissaxd 27 days ago

Exactly what I was thinking!

thefabcat92 28 days ago

#proud

trogdorthe8th 28 days ago

Really proud of this young man for being so brave and saving a life. Not going to lie, for a second when I saw his picture, I thought he was some sort of idol for a moment- he really is lovely. If it was a suicide attempt, I hope this boy's actions will give the man who was hanging from the railing hope, and if it was simply an accident, I hope the man will pay it forward in the future and help someone else in need.

bofgurl 28 days ago

So why was he hanging on the railing?

SuperFly_Snuka bofgurl 28 days ago

suicide attempt? Possibly

trogdorthe8th SuperFly_Snuka 28 days ago

That's what I was wondering. They do say that many times, when a person does something like jump in an attempted suicide, many times they do have second thoughts. If that is the case, perhaps this man went through that ring of emotions and grasped the railing just before he fell. This is all speculation, as the article does not tell us how the man got into the predicament- but I'd like to think that if it was attempted suicide, perhaps this kind boy's actions will give him courage to face whatever he was going through. And if it was simply an accident, hopefully this man will pay it forward.

Schitstainz 28 days ago

Just goes to show that the phrase "think about it twice" is not always a good thing.

btslifer 28 days ago

Thank God all of them are not rapists according to all the news AKP posts!

hi dad hat