Current Events

Mother kills her own son with a mental disability then tries to commit suicide

By alice101   16 days ago   12,001   99   42
buzz

A mother who strangled her own son with a mental disability has turned herself in.

The Yeoju police have arrested the mother, a 56-year-old, and started investigating the case on November 22.

SEE ALSO: Man kills two women in front of a 6-year-old child

According to the police report, the 56-year-old woman strangled and killed her 26-year-old son who has a severe mental disability, using a necktie. She then tried to kill herself by taking sleep pills but failed. The woman confessed her crime to her husband who was at work at the time, and he convinced her to turn herself in.

At the police station, the mother stated, "My son had disabilities since his birth, and recently he started to have epilepsy seizures; I have to look after him all day long. I didn't sleep for the last two days, and it was difficult to take care of him who couldn't even move."

1. Buzz

renastono 15 days ago

I've worked with children with severe mental disabilities and I can honestly say that I understand why she did that. I'm not saying I would do it or that it's acceptable, but I can see what pushed her to do it. She's spent 26 years of her life caring for a child who doesn't speak, probably cannot control his emotions etc. When you have a child, you expect to provide for them for 18-24 years on average. You expect to change their diapers, feed them, and dress them until they're around 3-6 years old. What this woman got was 26 years of caring 24/7 for a baby in a grown man's body with a grown man's strength and no visible escape for the rest of her life. Having a child with a severe mental disability can be a blessing or it can be a curse and you can't really understand unless you've been through it.

IARMY93 15 days ago

Call me names all you want but if the doctor told me that im carrying a baby with disabilities or something i would get an abortion i just think its the best for both parties

hyes IARMY93 15 days ago

...i dont think she knew about the disablities till after birth

IARMY93 hyes 15 days ago

Yea probably, a baby wont have a soul until its 120 days in the womb so if a woman gets an abortion any day before that wouldn't be considered killing cuz its not even alive but if i were her and didnt know until birth i would definitely take care of it, she did a horrible thing

ywnahkge 16 days ago