According to a recent 'Channel A' report, a man in his 20's set a multi-family building on fire when his girlfriend said she wanted to break up with him.
28-year Ahn Chi Beom, who also lived in the building, sensed the fire and immediately proceeded to dial 119 (emergency services) and wake up everyone in the residence.
Unfortunately, Ahn collapsed on the building's fifth floor after inhaling a lot of smoke and fumes. It has been over a week since the fire yet Ahn shows no signs of waking up after he collapsed.
The incident reportedly occurred just two months after Ahn moved out of his parent's home to be close to his new workplace.
In the case that Ahn never regains his consciousness, his family is considering donating his organs.
Netizens who chanced upon this report relayed their condolences, commenting, "As someone with still many years ahead of him, I sincerely hope that he wakes up," "I hope that he will wake up soon.." "So unfortunate...I dearly pray for him to please wake up soon!!" "We need to snatch the organs of the bastard who started the fire," and more.