Gossip

Fans worry about Minhyun's saline allergy with Wanna One spotted shooting in the ocean

By beansss   18 days ago   63,061   8,163   0
Minhyun,wanna-one

Fans of Wanna One and NU'EST are worried about member Minhyun's saline allergy, after Wanna One was spotted shooting in the ocean on July 7.

It was revealed that Wanna One traveled to the country in Korea this day to participate in a jacket photoshoot for their debut album. While YMC Entertainment stated that Wanna One's debut concept has not been decided yet, it was said that the jacket photoshoot would be carried out in a variety of different styles with nature as an overarching concept.

Fans have long since known of Minhyun's allergy to salt. During NU'EST's "Overcome" promotions, the group talked about the member's allergy after shooting with salt for their MV

Netizens argued the likelihood that YMC Entertainment did not bother to learn about the Wanna One members' allergies, and that the members may partake in more activities which may affect their health negatively. Comments included, "If they don't know that Minhyun is allergic to salt, that means they don't know about the other boys' allergies", "Wanna One are in the Donghae sea, which has a salt content of 33.3%. A person's salt content is 0.6%... how is this okay, he gets allergic reactions from his own sweat?", and more, while others said, "I think Minhyun wrapped up his filming okay. And Minhyun is smart, he knows himself well, so I'm sure he was fine. Spreading this too much might affect him in a bad way", "Getting worked up about this will only hurt Minhyun", etc.

What do you think about the issue?

SEE ALSO: Lee Jung Hyun says she was aware of co-star Song Joong Ki's relationship prior to public announcement

Tip: Allie

1. Minhyun
  2. Wanna One

Seventin 15 days ago

omg "allergic reaction from his own sweat" but this boy's been training/an idol for years, meaning sweat is a guaranteed thing :0 so much respect for him

primazaza 17 days ago

I'm skeptic about salt allergies... how it's even possible ? LOL

caitlinnolly 17 days ago

boy can't catch a break anywhere he goes when it comes to this allergy

BakaKaori 18 days ago

I'm no scientist, but isn't 33% salt content really high? When I googled the average salt content of an ocean, it said 3.5%.

L_catzzz BakaKaori 17 days ago

I found something that stated like this--> Average salinity for the world's seawater is ~35 ‰ on the Practical Salinity Scale, or PPS; that translates to 3.5% actual dissolved salts.

L_catzzz BakaKaori 17 days ago

Donghae Sea salinity is around 33.8% (at its lowest) and 34.7% (at its highest).

BakaKaori L_catzzz 17 days ago

Thanks for the info!

NORM 18 days ago

"traveled to the country in Korea this day..."? :/ Allkpop, do you mean countryside?

mypcy NORM 18 days ago

No, country is also right. Both can be use.

NORM mypcy 18 days ago

Thanks for clearing that up :)

ishiplikemad 18 days ago

Hmmm I have allergies too but if I take meds right away, I would be fine. He must have prepared and brought his meds too.

liping_018 18 days ago

Loves will know how problematic this is since we know how he gets a rash even from his own sweat(salt that his body should have adapted), others will be like "Oh, it's just salt". It's not life threatening but YMC needs to know that they need to account for this if anything was to happen since he is technically an extension of Nu'est and Pledis.

katiririn 18 days ago

This is the first time I hear about somebody being allergic to salt but I have couple allergies too that aren't that common (I'm allergic to oranges, kiwis and red food colourant). Sometimes you only get small reaction like rash though it's still uncomfortable. So if Minhyun says it's not a big deal it's propably not anything life threatening symptoms.

Chrysantheneum katiririn 18 days ago

MY bf has an allerfy to chloride, which is a component of salt. No pool swimming for us! But sea usually is fine, I think K-netz are overreacting.There's no such thing as salt, salt is a name for a combination of two ion like chloride and sodium.

MoonBunnyxx katiririn 18 days ago

I have the same allergy. T_T It's honestly really uncomfortable, maybe you can endure it during but not after

AmberJazzy katiririn 17 days ago

I'm allergic to mascarpone, pineapple and Ibuprofen, but I have different reactions to each one (I have to avoid anything with Ibuprofen with all costs otherwise I end up in hospital with breathing difficulties)

faithkeeper 18 days ago

I hope he brought medicine for his allergy, i'm allergic to dust(?) i always have terrible runny nose for no reason and i have to carry with me some antihistamines for my allergy.

iciviuja faithkeeper 18 days ago

yup, here's one too.. though it's pretty mild for me, i still have runny nose or coughs here and there.. so i totally understand how you feel.

Sarab_eel 18 days ago

Im imagining being allergic to salt wah this is so hard bcoz my country eats salt with everything like how can u? :(

faithkeeper Sarab_eel 18 days ago

im guessing its direct contact with salt, like salt touching your skin, but its okay when you eat it cos it doesnt come into direct contact with your skin

Sarab_eel faithkeeper 18 days ago

If thats the case then this is better

just lve