Variety

Did rapper Sleepy make it on the first round of 'Show Me The Money 6'?

By yckim124   18 days ago   20,966   1,065   0

The first round of auditions for 'Show Me The Money 6' continued airing on the July 7 episode.

Previously, rapper Sleepy, who debuted in the group Untouchable in 2008, surprised many by announcing that he's auditioning for the rapper competition program.

On this week's broadcast, Sleepy opened up about his decision, and said, "Some people know me as a comedian, some as a soldier. I used to be called the monsters of music charts when I debuted in Untouchable. I just started going on variety shows because it was fun but I could no longer fit in the hip-hop scene as time flew."

SEE ALSO: Did rapper Sleepy make it on the second round of 'Show Me The Money 6'?

He continued, "I just want people to realize that Sleepy is a rapper and hear them say 'He's better than I thought'. I don't have any great expectations for myself in the hip-hop scene. I hope people kindly look at me as I head a new challenge like I did when I first got into hip-hop and rap."

Zico was the judge for Sleepy. Sleepy seemed nervous and even paused in the middle of his audition. However, Zico gave him the necklace and commented, "During Jiggy Fellaz days, Sleepy had his own high tone voice that pierces the ear. I wanted to hear more of that in the next round."

Sleepy also said, "I never knew it would be this hard to receive this necklace."

Watch Sleepy's audition clip above.

1. Sleepy
  2. Show Me The Money 6

Blue82 18 days ago

Sleepy is so freakin' precious I swear. He can be a bit dense sometimes and way too trusting but he's so sweet you can only shake your head. He's one of the most honest artists too. He's one of the few that when he was dating seriously a few years ago just talked about it openly and even went on dates without disguises. I hope this gets him some recognition for something other than variety since he's very talented and his last few releases didn't get as much hype as his earlier ones.

lolhaha 18 days ago

Well "the producers" already chose him to be on this show. They need ratings, unless he messed up really bad he would've been on the show no matter what.

MelodyForever 18 days ago

why it so hard to get news about smtm

ashablue 18 days ago

A question to everyone: are there no idols this year? usually about this time a year, there are 5,000 articles on idols in the competition and i havent seen one yet. Somebody tell me!

00ambi00 ashablue 18 days ago

I think Changjo from Teen Top auditioned

MelodyForever 00ambi00 18 days ago

yes, I see him at preview of ep 2, but there's no update about it after ep 2

stfhanie ashablue 18 days ago

I hope for the love of God not

littlebaddevil 18 days ago

He forgot his lyrics and that it's something that could make Zico not to give the nacklace to him but I think Zico knows he could do much better.

allkpopellie 18 days ago

GO sleepy :)

yatsua 18 days ago

I stopped watching SMTM but I might watch it again. I mean there is Tiger JK so... :) I wish all the best to Sleepy, I like his music and he is the reason why Bang Yongguk is where he is now :)

ELF_L 18 days ago

It's about time for him to show his hip hop side and yeah right allkpop, that's spoiler -_-"

shineesylvia 18 days ago

If he didn't make it, it would be embarrassing because he bragged about how great he would be if he went smtm

Hidden_KRD_Kiri 18 days ago

I missed the last two seasons of SMTM but I think season 6 just may be the best one yet. I think I going to resume watching again.

just lve