Variety

CNBLUE's Minhyuk reveals he drank champagne worth $1,800 with a popular girl group member in Thailand

By KpopJoA   14 days ago   53,560   3,380   0
Na-Eun,Minhyuk,Minhyuk

Broadcasted on July 11, MBC Every1's 'Video Star' welcomed CNBLUE's Minhyuk to the show where he talked about spending time with a popular girl group member in Thailand.

The MCs began, "They say that Minhyuk drank some expensive champagne with a popular idol group member known as Miss S at a rooftop bar in Thailand, is that true?"

With that, Minhyuk responded, "It's true," and revealed the idol member to be A Pink's Na-Eun, surprising the audience.

SEE ALSO: Na-Eun's pretty sister gains attention after A Pink's appearance on 'Weekly Idol'

"Jungshin happened to star in a drama together with Na-Eun.  While performing in Thailand, Jungshin and I decided to go to a rooftop bar and we managed to get in contact with Na-Eun that time so we met up," Minhyuk explained.

He went on, "After drinking that night, my mother called the next day and asked me 'did you make an international transaction' and I said yes.  That champagne, by the way, was 60,000 baht.  I converted to Korean currency and it was two million KRW (approximately $1,800)."

1. Na-Eun
  2. Minhyuk
  3. Minhyuk
  4. video star

dadodado99 (Banned) 14 days ago

This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

kpoplolita 14 days ago

lol this story is funny if u tell it right on lighthearted show like strong heart. ON RADIO STAR THEY JUST MAKE IT SOUND SO EVIL. LOL oh plus AKP is too.p.s. u gotta have moolah if u wanna chill with Na-eun girl is balliiin.

Winston 14 days ago

Frankly i dunno how the question was asked, as in how the writer know about it, and Why Minhyuk will reveal the name of the girl group member. Because frankly, it may put him in bad light, because firstly when he talk about the price of the champagne some netizens may think that he is trying to show off how he can spend so much on alcohol without batting an eye lid, and since it appears that he paid for the drink, since his mum told the SMS, it will seem as if he was trying to hint to Apink's Na eun to pay him back, why would someone pay for a girl's meal graciously only to say how much it is on TV. I hope he wont get bashed for this.

isblml Winston 14 days ago

Don't overthink. =) for sure it's not that what Minhyuk meant.

xSeulgibear 14 days ago

the weird part of this story is that his mom apparently takes care of his finances at his age...

Winston xSeulgibear 14 days ago

i guess some idols do it because they are too busy to bother with issues like bills payment and investments

Kawaii8 xSeulgibear 14 days ago

cultural differences. we don't share the same values as them so we shouldn't judge. a lot of mothers in Korea are more than willing to help their children around even when they are older. That's how they show their love. Maybe he didn't want to make his mom do it but his mom wanted to help out anyway. And maybe he and his mom have a shared account. I also really think Koreans respect their parents a lot more over there.

pink_oracle xSeulgibear 14 days ago

It's the common thing, they even do it in America.

kpoplolita xSeulgibear 14 days ago

its a culture thing. not a weird thing.

xSeulgibear Kawaii8 14 days ago

I respect my parents and they help me out but as an adult I wouldn't want to burden my parents with my responsibilities

orange_sky xSeulgibear 14 days ago

I'm working and my Mom still have an eye on my finances. I still control it of course but my Mom is definitively better than I am to manage money so I let her do.

Kawaii8 xSeulgibear 14 days ago

I think their view is different. to them, maybe their parents managing their finances shows that they trust their parents and the finance being accessible to parents means that when tough situations arise they may borrow from their child. It's hard to explain but managing finances is not really seen as a burden over there I believe.

xSeulgibear Kawaii8 14 days ago

I see...

Blue82 xSeulgibear 14 days ago

It's actually really common. Rapper Sleepy has all of his royalties go into an account that his mom has sole access too and he insists she use it for herself and his younger sibling. He has another account that the money from his variety show appearances go in and he lives off of that. There are several idols who have all of their accounts as joint accounts with their parents. Usually it's so that the parents are taken care of because their children want to give back to them for all the sacrifices they made to raise them. It's very much a cultural thing. Got7, BTS, EXO, and many other groups have nearly every member taking care of their parents either by setting them up in businesses or buying them houses and such too.

taylabunny xSeulgibear 14 days ago

my finances are under the control of my parents. so yeah, i dont find it weird

Longan_Lychee 14 days ago

What’s the big deal? I’ve drank Taittinger and Bollinger, so drinking over $1000 champagne is not a big deal.. and he better act well in his upcoming drama, he must match with Ha Ji Won..

Gab0 Longan_Lychee 14 days ago

Are they gonna be couple?

Longan_Lychee Gab0 14 days ago

yes... unfortunately

Gab0 Longan_Lychee 14 days ago

ugh, i dont mind the age gap but i dont really see they match at all

My_2nd_Self Gab0 14 days ago

MinHyuk is good at matching with different actresses. Hope Ha Ji Won can match with him well and we see a great drama.

pink_oracle 14 days ago

So it's true that K-idols leave all their finances to their mothers.

dooda pink_oracle 14 days ago

Because they love their mothers

Winston pink_oracle 14 days ago

Not all, I know Shinee's Jonghyun said he managed his own finance, some idols are mature enough to handle their own finances.

pink_oracle Winston 14 days ago

It leads credence to the rumours that a big voice in the 'kick Jessica out' club was the members mothers though.

legendarybangtan 14 days ago

go AWF DAMN get bitches drink champ

hiroonakamura 14 days ago

damn son, you must be LOADED!

Winston hiroonakamura 14 days ago

His mum got the SMS so guess whose card it was?

hiroonakamura Winston 14 days ago

perhaps she handles his finances though, like in the cases of several other idols? Becoming a trainee and living a sheltered life as an idol, away from the real world, often leads to idols not having the best knowledge about handling cash so they often let parents do it.

ky9999 Winston 14 days ago

Lol, who do you think he is? He is much richer than you thought

The End