Choi Yoo Jung and Kim Do Yeon's Weki Meki set debut date

By jennywill   16 days ago   30,556   2,526   0
weki-meki,choi-yoo-jung,kim-do-yeon

Choi Yoo Jung and Kim Do Yeon's group Weki Meki has confirmed their debut date.

Fantagio revealed, "Weki Meki will release their debut album on August 8th. They are preparing to debut right now."

SEE ALSO: New girl group Weki Meki pop with vibrant colors in group teaser image for 'WEME'

The teaser image released is to symbolize the August 8th date as well as the 8 members. The girls will also have a debut showcase at the Seoul Jangchoong Gymnasium at 8PM KST on August 8th.

Are you looking forward to their comeback?

1. Weki Meki
  2. Choi Yoo Jung
  3. Kim Do Yeon

HeyG 15 days ago

Is the group name weird for Koreans too?

krell 16 days ago

"Weki Meki" as a Group name ; seems 'JUVENILE' somehow. It sounds like "Lucky Ducky." I prefer Group Names that seem more like an 'AGE 25' members 'long run' successful K-pop Group would choose it. Having said that, SUPER JUNIOR seems like they should be SUPER *SENIOR* Group by now ... (Joking) ... And ... (here it comes) ... this gives me yet *another* chance to mention PRITZ Group = (P)retty (R)angers (I)n (T)errible (Z)one ...

krell 16 days ago

KIM DO YEON seems *definitely* an 'anchor member' to build a successful Group around her. Although ; yet another WHOLESOME CONCEPT DEBUT seems 'safe but repetitive' to me. I could wish for something more *between* STELLAR Group and GFRIEND Group ; say something along KARA5 ; or what APINK seems to be doing it *currently.*

ShayMin 16 days ago

"Weki..... Meki........"

sarang_heyooo ShayMin 15 days ago

THIS WAS ME WHEN I FIRST READ IT I'M CRYINF

chaelicen 16 days ago

i love dodaeng but weki meki

chaelicen 16 days ago

it sounds weirder in korean too wtf

apple_blossom chaelicen 16 days ago

it sounds soooooooo cringey in Indonesian.

thealigirl8 16 days ago

I'm excited to see my girls again but I'm kinda scared about the debut concept with this kind of name

snsdtwinkle 16 days ago

What the fuck is up with the title? Since when did Yoojung and Doyeon OWN the group? Please, do tell...

introverteddeedl snsdtwinkle 16 days ago

ugh came here to say the same thing. Its like when they call Gugudan "Sejeong's group". You dont call Pristin "Nayoung and Kyulkyung's group" and DIA as "Chaeyeon's group" ffs

krell snsdtwinkle 16 days ago

I would say that *currently* KIM DO YEON is probably the *high profile* member of this Group. Due to her IOI Group activity. 4MINUTE Group was built around HYUNA ; right from the beginning. Actually, that IS the 'idea' behind the PD101 TV Show (IOI Group). You generate a 'FAN BASE' of sorts that attaches to a TRAINEE (KIM DO YEON) *prior* to their DEBUT with their *eventual* 'IN HOUSE' Agency K-pop Group. You try to avoid the K-pop Fan reaction of 'WHO are ANY of these New Group Members?' Instead, you have 'Oh, it is KIM DO YEON from IOI Goup ; I *remember* her!' ... I do *not* care for the "WEKI MEKI" Group name either ; if you are saying that too. I was just now thinking like 'TICKY TACKY' would work too! Who knows . Maybe 5 Years from now ; WEKI MEKI will be the SNSD of K-pop ... Anyway, *this* LIVE MV below (KIM DO YEON and SOMI = Black Wig) is a *good reason* (my view) why that KDY will be a FEATURED MEMBER of WEKI MEKI Group ...

Cutie888 snsdtwinkle 16 days ago

It's like Hyuna and her backup dancers or Suzy and the girls "-"

krell Cutie888 16 days ago

I am *not* quite sure that MISS A Group was *conceived* (planned from the start) as a 'vehicle' that would FEATURE SUZY over the other members exactly. But yes, surely JYPe Agency was *planning* to target SUZY for PRODUCT ENDORSEMENTS and FASHION SHOOTS over the other members. With HYUNA, she had her WONDER GIRLS member experience *before* 4MINUTE Group was *formed* for her. I have always felt that HYUNA's fame was/is more based as a K-pop Idol. Whereas SUZY became more 'famous' via her *subsequent* 'outside work' in PRODUCT ENDORSEMENTS and FASHION SHOOTS ... (Added a bit later) ... With GIRL's DAY Group ; *not* clear to me that member HYERI was going to be the 'break out' member for Product Endorsements and CF work ; over the other members. With APINK ; I was a bit surprised that NAEUN did not 'break out' sooner. With AOA ; SEOLHYUN had a definite 'break out' VISUAL potential for 'outside work.' ... With MEKI WEKI Group here ; KIM DO YEON *already* has a MAYBELLINE *NEW YORK* USA Cosmetics PRODUCT ENDORSEMENT contract. Which, that is a fairly BIG DEAL for KIM DO YEON ; as I see it. KDY is *not* just 'any trainee' debuting with a New Group.

beyondordinary 16 days ago

I'll refer to them as WM cause I ain't saying that.. but back to the topic, I remember seeing a short choreo spoiler and I can't wait cause the moves looked powerful!

ohmyastro beyondordinary 15 days ago

The official short name is WEME. WM is the company to B1A4, Oh My Girl, I (Yoonji) and WM BOYS (unofficial name and to debut soon too).

Reri_Putra 16 days ago

In Indonesia, Meki means pussy. Srsly.

ahgase88 16 days ago

weki meki... im trying my best to like it for dodaeng..

rachelsyn 16 days ago

these weird ass group names, i swear to gawd.....

just lve