Variety

What do Korean parents think about K-Pop's top music videos by BTS, WINNER, Girl's Day and G-Friend?

By KpopJoA   25 days ago   54,822   3,345   28

On May 29, YouTube Channel by the name TCAST posted a video titled 'BTS? WINNER? 'Real Reaction' After Watching the Videos'; consisting of parents' real live reactions from watching some of K-Pop's most popular music videos by BTS, WINNER, and other idol groups like Girl's Day and G-Friend. Would they approve?

First up was a father and daughter as they took the time to watch BTS' "Blood, Sweat, Tears" MV.  "How pretty," the father commented with sarcasm. "Aren't they so handsome?", the daughter added. "There's a specific meaning in all of their videos," the daughter explained.  "Really? There is?", the father responded.

Next was a mother and son watching a music video of a girl group. "How can they not look pretty with all that makeup on?", "Oh my, how can they wear something so short like that? Their butts are hanging out," said the mother with deep concern.

Onto WINNER's "Really Really" MV, the father asked, "What are they saying?", "Really", answered the daughter. "Was this made in the 80s? Why is the film in black and white?", critiqued the father.

SEE ALSO: Samuel Kim relays his feelings about the fans petition after failing to make the Top 11 on 'Produce 101'

Watch the funny commentary above!

1. Girl's Day
  2. (Bangtan Boys) BTS
  3. WINNER
  4. G-Friend (Girlfriend)

cyrstel 24 days ago

I need an english sub to actually understand what they are saying..........lol i-fan problems

kpoppap 24 days ago

Lol. Most adults dont know who is who in MV but dad at 2:25 know who Sejeong is. He Said: Our Sejeong! Our Sejeong! Let's walk on the flower path.

woohyun_wifey 24 days ago

the dad at 2:27 is a fan of sejong isnt he?

lolhaha 24 days ago

Would love eng subs

2ne1vipbigbang 24 days ago

I'm watching this and it's so funny, but the thing that gets me is when the kids talk to the older people in an informal language. I'm used to speaking to my parents very formally and whenever I see dramas or tv shows and see the informal speak being spoken to an elder, I find it so awkward. Kekekeke, love the reactions shown in this.

3percenter 24 days ago

the sexist double standard reveals itself once again.

UKihyun 24 days ago

even parents dont like girl groups. lol #ifightARMYs

skatpree 24 days ago

*daughter shows dad winner* daughter: this is my favourite band, dad dad: dafaq this shit you have no taste in men this is terrible dad: *switches on gugudan* dad: omo sejung lets only walk on the flowery path! *giggles* daughter: ...dafaq

Juanlag 24 days ago

I love Allkpop, they don't translate the Gfriend part (we all know that they love Gfriend LOL) and in the Girls day part they say ''a music video of a girl group'', is that hard to say that it's Girls day and I'll be yours???

cabbagejuice Juanlag 24 days ago

istg the people hiring these writers were looking for the most lazy and unqualified people theyve ever met

mindlessdream Juanlag 24 days ago

The mom basically complained and was like "Lee Sunhee's the best when it comes to singing" and "I really don't like their clothes". Small comments like that.

highlight95 24 days ago

i have always wanted to see this .. because my parents will be like ( do not watch it again those Chinese people )... ( they all have the same face ) lol

vav