Variety

The boy group of 'Produce 101' season 2 to promote under YMC Entertainment until December 2018

By yckim124   9 days ago   49,267   4,521   44
misc

YMC Entertainment will be managing the boy group of 'Produce 101' season 2 until December 2018.

Previously, it was confirmed that YMC Entertainment is once again taking charge of the group produced by the competition series. According to a report by Sports Seoul on June 15, the group's contract with the label will last up to December 31, 2018.

This means the label will be managing the boys for about a year and a half, which is longer than 'Produce 101' season 2 girl group IOI's time under the label.

SEE ALSO: Watch 'Show! Music Core' Live!

Meanwhile, the final episode with the remaining 20 trainees is scheduled to air on June 16.

1. misc.
    2. produce 101

wewlad 8 days ago

JESUS this long? NU'EST is done for. God let my nigga Kang Dong Ho get in the top 11

shyloone 8 days ago

aslong as i see NU'EST, Kang Daniel im happy

mike2427 9 days ago

Let's be fair, honestly it just doesn't seem right to debut all the Nuest members. I want other people to have a chance too. I would like only 2 too make it.

KingKangDaniel mike2427 9 days ago

Why would it not be fair when they are so talented? If they couldnt pull weight it wouldn't be fair but they pull their own weight AND help others

mike2427 KingKangDaniel 9 days ago

Well I guess you can also say goodbye to Nuest promoting for the next 2 years if 3/5 members are stuck in a contract with YMC. Their comeback delay if about to get longer.

KingKangDaniel mike2427 9 days ago

I'm not too concerned. see I was a nuest fan for a long time but their music seemed to change and they became "urban electro" or some sound that i didn't even really like, so i basically just liked them individually, not as a group. when they went on pd101 i felt upset. why should they have to do that? Why, when they already proved themselves so many times? but i felt that they got mismanaged and their talents were wasted and maybe it would be good that they were seen by more people. i didn't want to watch pd101 because i was afraid that they wouldn't make it, even though they deserved it before the show even started. i only was strong enough to start watching once i found out that they had made it into the top 11. i saw that there was some justice in this world. so now i am happy. i dont care who they work for or under what name, i just want them to get the recognition and opportunities that they deserve. if they're happy i'm happy. i just wish that aron would have participated too, but i know he'll be ok

shyloone mike2427 8 days ago

Well NU"EST deserve to be there, they worked their asses off just as much, so I hope they all make it, because they deserve too

mike2427 KingKangDaniel 8 days ago

Yeah you're completely right. They do deserve the recognition. I fell in love with "Love Paint" and "Overcome" but after their appearance on Produce 101 I really wanted them to have time to go back to their group after a year because it seemed like they gained popularity and would comeback strong. Just a little disappointed.

KingKangDaniel mike2427 8 days ago

ahhhh, I see. my first fav song by them was face. i loved face, action, hello, not over you, sleep talking, etc. Basically all their songs. Then when they came out with overcome and love paint i was like "what are THOSE?' lol I still dont know what happened. But yeah I can understand you wanting a quicker return to Nuest. I really dont know what's going to happen. I just hope that they all come out on top. XD I thought it was hilarious that people wanted to name the final pd101 group NuNuest. lol No matter what, Nuest will never die!

JessicaRabbit123 9 days ago

I know alot of people are excited since its longer than IOI but it's going to be a lot to juggle with all considering. The group will have comebacks, endorsements, programs, appearances and concerts. And I heard that the winners will NOT be allowed to work under their own agency during that time.If thats true, then none of the groups will be able to debut or make a comeback unless companies decide to do so without the winning members...

ThinkDream 9 days ago

The Brand New, Yuehua, Cube boys are young and can wait for the trainees who make it but the MMO guys are older they'll will have to wait until 2019. Hotshot & Nuest will go on hiatus.

JessicaRabbit123 ThinkDream 9 days ago

Or promote without the member. It seems unfair for the groups considering they waited their whole lives for this moment. Taehyun, Dongho and Ren have made enough of a name for themselves to attempt making a comeback.

msalgarynn 9 days ago

I pray for jonghyun and his leaders academy will all make it (poor hyunbin baby ge eliminated unfairly and too soon). Justice League let's all debuut!!

ThsDee 9 days ago

I hope this will be long enough to their own agencies pay attention to them and plan an awesome debut/comeback i'm really worry about Jihoon, Mmo boys, Nuest and Jaehwan since he has no agency '-'

KingKangDaniel 9 days ago

ahhh yes, my love daniel will have so much fun in the next year and a half, promoting and capturing hearts everywhere. my loves minhyun, dongho and jaehwan will slay many songs while being handsome. i hope to see minki and jr make it, too. I also kind of like samuel. and i almost forgot i also like Ong. i want more Ong

slebony 9 days ago

I hope all the NU'EST member will be in top 11! Thy deserve it! But I'm worried about Choi Minki.

fcknren slebony 9 days ago

honestly same. But I'm hoping, if he doesn't make it into the group, that pledis will allow him to do more variety stuff because he deserves attention

ThinkDream slebony 9 days ago

I'm worried if only 2 or 3 make it. Their contract with Pledis ends around the same time as PD101 contract.

JessicaRabbit123 ThinkDream 9 days ago

And lets not forget that Aaron is there, waiting around with zero schedules.

fcknren JessicaRabbit123 9 days ago

omg can the Nu'est boys that don't make it form a unit with Aron cuz that'd be lit

KingKangDaniel JessicaRabbit123 9 days ago

OMG I haven't thought about Aron once. He must be so bored

mike2427 slebony 9 days ago

Lol Aaron going to be waiting 2 years. (if he makes it that long) lets hope he's patient.

shyloone slebony 8 days ago

I was worried about Choi Minki too, but then he jumped up a bit on the ladder

fxcx09 fcknren 8 days ago

I think he might venture into acting, since he's acted before. And yeah hopefully some variety shows too. I'm more worried for Aron who gained nothing from his members being in PD101. It's not like the winning members are allowed to work under Pledis until their contracts with YMC end next year in December, so no Nu'est until then :(

QUEENZ6T_ARA 9 days ago