Variety

Producer of 'Produce 101' says he never intended 'evil editing' or 'PD Pick'

By yckim124   25 days ago   24,172   1,779   0
misc

Producer Ahn Joon Young of 'Produce 101' season 2 discussed controversial topics regarding the program in an interview with Star News

The competition series was surrounded by many controversies this year. Some of the issues regarded the producer's 'evil editing' (manipulative editing) and 'PD Pick' (giving more screen time to the trainee of the PD's choice).

SEE ALSO: Watch 'Show! Music Core' Live!

Ahn PD shared his thoughts on the issue and emphasized that he never had any intentions.

He said, "I have never done 'evil editing' as a producer. I've also never encouraged tension."

As for the 'PD Pick', Ahn PD revealed that he felt sorry for the trainees who were accused of receiving such benefit. He said, "I'm actually sorry to them. They were on screen because they worked hard but were told they are a 'PD Pick' so I felt sorry."

He further explained, "I didn't talk to the trainees that much. The trainees watch the broadcast and it could've caused misunderstanding if I'm spotted talking a lot to some so I didn't talk to them at all. I've tried hard. I didn't want to get misunderstood and I didn't want the trainees to be misunderstood either."

1. misc.
  2. produce 101

heyyitsnrcxd 21 days ago

"I have never done evil editing as a producer." LIE.He highlighted the Avengers Team and made Daehwi look bad and get hated.Edited out Hyungseob's apology.Some trainees BARELY got screen time.I was so upset! It would've been different if the screen time was distributed more evenly.Did he think we'd believe such an obviously lie?!

FPinkDayShidae 23 days ago

Evil edit Baekho,Cutting Hyungseop's apology,focusing too much on the whole avengers thing making Daewi look bad,some trainees got so little screen time . I'm happy a show like this makes trainees known and gives them opportunity,even those who get eliminate get at least a little attention but this type of editing could be manipulative sometimes .

BobbyJJANG 24 days ago

Obviously he thinks we are blind

chingchongUrbae 24 days ago

I hAvE nEvEr DoNe 'eViL eDiTiNg' As A pRoDuCeR. I'vE aLsO nEvEr EnCoUrAgEd TeNsIon. I'vE tRiEd HaRd.

exoisallmyloving 24 days ago

The amount of bullshit in his statement caused much more cancer than smoking itself.

Youtoosalty 24 days ago

I call bulshit on that! Not intended. Bruh its your show and yet you dont know what it looks like. From all the lies this is the most uggghhhh. Hahahahahaha! I dont know what you complaining about about, you got what you wanted. Congrats PDnim hahahaha. We see through dont need to pretend like you dont know. Lol your sorry but not sorry

B2UTYCARAT 24 days ago

after the season 2 done we sure heard a lot of BULLSHIT from the PD. you need to re-watch again to make sure that you really not do any EVIL EDITING or PD PICK. our dongho is one of your evil editing victim while some old LOVEs has known he is just cute and nice boy and some of new fans just found it out during the trainees self cam or PD101 BTS. I'm feel so grateful that you create this kind of show which is a lot of ppls has known that there are 98 talented trainees but its a lie if i say im not hate you as well. better stop make any kind of reason regarding the show

slebony 24 days ago

huh yeah whatever

Sapphirex 24 days ago

Bullshit.

Kireta 24 days ago

I have never once believed your lies.... smh

just lve