Social Media

Netizens are alarmed by T.O.P's past Instagram post linking to drug scandal

By KpopJoA   22 days ago   238,528   7,668   154

With Big Bang member T.O.P under fire for his marijuana scandal, netizens are busy digging up pieces of evidence leading up to his case.

According to prosecutors, T.O.P had spent October 9-14 last year smoking marijuana in a total of four occasions with idol trainee A at his house in Yongsan, Seoul. He is accused of smoking ground up marijuana twice and smoking a liquefied form twice. He had originally denied all accusations, but has now admitted to the dry marijuana usage but denied the liquid usage.

Netizens noticed that the idol star had previously posted an artwork by Swiss artist Urs Fischer on his Instagram page of a giant eyeball on October 11. The photo had originally seemed like any other artwork at first. But netizens are referring it to his recent scandal as perhaps representing what happens when one uses the drug.

But what's causing much frenzy among netizens is not necessarily the artwork itself but the reflection of a woman's silhouette in the black pupil upon close examination. As circumstances are circumstances, many believe it was taken by the trainee who admitted to smoking marijuana with T.O.P.

Seeing this, netizens commented in much shock and disappointment and said, "Was this the same day? This is truly disappointing and pathetic," "This is going way overboard. Did he even consider the thoughts of his fans? I trusted him for the past decade; I am so hurt with feelings of betrayal," and "I hope that he sincerely repents from the bottom of his heart and vow to never commit such an act again."

SEE ALSO: Prosecution appeals the sentence given on the trainee involved in T.O.P's marijuana case

1. T.O.P

emily235 20 days ago

Are you fucking kidding me? It's a piece of art. It isn't even a drugged out eyeball. I can't believe any fans feel anything but concern over this matter. Betrayal? Are you fucking kidding me? He doesn't owe fans anything! All this over some fucking weed. I'm so angry.

BEEGEES emily235 17 days ago

Did you even read it? Oh god. I dont know who should I be more amazed. You who didn't read the article or those eagle eyed netizen that could see that THERE IS A WOMAN IN THE EYE BALL. A GIRL TOOK THE PICTURE. you eejit.

emily235 BEEGEES 17 days ago

Yes, I read it. Yes. I saw the woman. He likely reposted the picture- he does repost a metric shitton of art. What the fuck does that change? The woman wasn't the only complaint. Calm TF down

DeusInAbsentia 21 days ago

Holy shit...netizens are some real a grade asses.... so toxic

dan_lu 21 days ago

So Korean culture is pretty much alcoholic (ok maybe that's too much) , but they get so judgemental with someone smoking a plant? They're being overdramatic with the whole "I trusted him. I'm so hurt" sh*t.

xsukinahx 21 days ago

idk if that silhouette is a woman. could very easily just be someone of a smaller build, like GD or Seungri

starempress 21 days ago

The outside of the eyeball looks like ceramic, are you telling me that taking drugs four times will turn your skin into plaster?

5pm 21 days ago

yes ur pupils become bigger after u take drugs but depends on which drugs and how strong the marijuana is

dreambigger 21 days ago

LOL STUPID AKP. ITS A REGRAM!

vincentrob11 21 days ago

Damn! How do you netizens look so discretely like that? Makes me re-consider.

creee 21 days ago

if you are not blind, then you can see that person's silhouette is taking a photo, reflection... :DDD chyzas Knetizens, maybe enough, cause you look like had good smoke XD

jbeanbean 21 days ago

w-woah an eye colour other than brown must be what happens when you're on drugs n stuff

forever