Fashion, Pictorials

Kim Chung Ha says she is cheering for her former IOI members

By KpopJoA   18 days ago   21,940   4,461   24
kim-chung-ha

On June 9, fashion magazine 'International bnt' unveiled new photos of Kim Chung Ha who recently made her solo debut with 'Hands On Me.'

The photos featured the singer showing off a rough yet feminine appeal wearing a light pink casual jacket to posing in a flower printed dress holding onto a green clutch.

SEE ALSO: Kim Chung Ha poses casually for 'Marie Claire'

When asked if she was competing with her former IOI members, Kim Chung Ha explained, "I believe the correct term would be cheering for instead of competing against one another."

In regards to her solo debut, the former IOI member responded, "I do have ambitions to create a fancy stage however, I don't feel any pressure about how I perform.  The only thing I fear the most is of people starting to lose interest in me."

Onto 'Produce 101' Season 2 when she received so much screen time for attending the position evaluations, she said, "I didn't think I would take up most of the screening time.  I felt bad for the trainees."

Kim Chung Ha also mentioned how she still keeps in touch with the IOI girls.  "I wake up each morning to the sound of incoming text messages from IOI members" and pointed out Jung Chae Yeon as the closest member.

1. Kim Chung Ha
    2. international bnt

sarang_heyooo 17 days ago

ugly crying bc Chungha is a marshmallow

makan 18 days ago

voidending 18 days ago

Hope she does well, she's probably on shakier ground compared to other ioi members.

makan 18 days ago

I REALLY love her comments here... to be honest each of the members of IOI should naturally cheer and support each other. Hope she continues to just do her thing, and I hope for a collaboration with some former members down the road. And of course in 4 and a half years or so...just imagine what might be... how many of them will be SUPERSTARS by then?  From what I have seen so far, looks like many of them just might be...

Exo_Leia 18 days ago

Great voice, amazing dancer, super pretty and nice personality... Chungha is such stan material

tyger11 18 days ago

Wow, she looks a *lot* like Jiyoon in some of those pics!

Winston 18 days ago

She was asked what is her wish during her showcase, Most fans assumed she will wish for something like Being #1 in Music Charts or winning a Newcomer award etc, She made 2 Wishes, one is that her grandmother will be healthy, and the 2nd wish is that the members of IOI will have a successful career (which of cos included herself), but I was impressed that she asked for HEALTH for someone she loved, and that her ex-group mates ALL having successful careers not just for herself. Goes to show how nice her heart is. Thumbs Up.

makan Winston 18 days ago

Agreed! I don't know, I just really like the members of IOI. Especially Chungha, Sejeong and Yoojung, I just see so much multi-talent in those three... and I love their personalities.

Winston makan 18 days ago

i think out of the 11 IOI members the hardest to succeed (not because they are not talented) is SoHye and Chungha, especially SoHye, because their agencies is the smallest and most unknown, M&H for example, while SoHye was previously under Redline but left and formed her own agency, S&P (Shark and Penguin), which i think she is managed by her parents i heard. so its like almost a one man or one artiste agency, so she hardly has FUNDs for things like Stylists or Celebrity Vans and such, which needs a lot of money. I know some actresses also operate on individual, and have to drive on their own to filming sites, or sometimes their parents sent them there. its really hard. Hope SoHye gets bigger and can grow her agency or signs with a big name agency who can manage her and get her acting gigs.

makan Winston 18 days ago

Great points! I too was worried about Chungha, but not anymore. This Debut makes me relax for her... I am sure she will have a lot of offers from variety shows too.  I didn't know that about SoHye... both SoHye and Yunjung are the two I know the least about. But Yunjung is safe with Cosmic Girls...

Jcy Winston 18 days ago

I understand your point. However, Sohye is doing fine. She has everything an artist needs, transport, manager, stylist, activities, and even a fancafe. She has the funds, I presume she is one of the richer out of IOI members.

krell 18 days ago

norafa 18 days ago

I feel very happy that she mentioned ChaeYeon as the closest member to her. Since she was promoting with DIA I thought maybe Chaeyeon was not as close with the other members of IOI. But guess that's not true.

ahgase88 18 days ago

i love her... shes talented -- singing queen, dancing queen, visual queen, and she's good at rap -- AND SHE'S A GENUINELY NICE PERSON.

forever