Fashion, Pictorials

Shannon reveals she would've selected YG Entertainment if she had won on 'K-Pop Star'

By KpopJoA   7 days ago   94,013   9,253   54

SBS 'K-Pop Star 6' contestant Shannon expressed her thoughts on appearing on the variety program as well as her music career in a recent interview with 'International bnt.'

Shannon said, "I was preparing to debut as the main vocalist in a girl group but I was greedy and told the agency I wanted to go solo instead.  With that, I was able to start my solo career thanks to the agency respecting my views."

On appearing on 'K-Pop Star 6' she explained, "I was worried at first but I'm not the type of person who thinks much about what others say. I decided to appear on the program for myself.  I didn't care much about the ranking, I just wanted to make my talents known to the public. The title of 'singer' is actually poison to me. It's hard for me to achieve a good score when there are so many expectations."

"If I had won, I would have chosen YG Entertainment. Through the show, I have felt Yang Hyun Suk's affection and the trendy music style (of YG) tends to suit me well."  She added, "I prefer tomboyish style. So far, I don't like any of the songs I've promoted. For my new track, I would like to go for a more girlish concept."

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon discusses the topics of entering the Western market, joining the army, and more

Shannon went on to talk about how 'K-Pop Star 6' has shaped her as a singer.  "I decided to become a singer because I love music. I don't focus on gaining fame. I'm a perfectionist so there were times when I wasn't satisfied with my singing but I have learned a lot through this program.  I got rid of my 'perfectionist' mentality since then."

She also shared her future plans.  "I would like to take on acting someday.  Though my Korean isn't great, I would like to practice more and play various roles."

1. Shannon
    2. international bnt

beyondordinary 7 days ago

she prefers tomboyish style but wants to try a more girlish concept for her new track?... wat

monavis beyondordinary 7 days ago

lol, my thoughts exactly. this is what i was going to comment on as well. she was totally contradicting herself.

jeannesakarias 7 days ago

Shannon with YG AMAZING!!

onedelacruise 7 days ago

5 words... Sister Slam dunk Season 3..Though I think she lack variety skills.

Mr.T 7 days ago

She's pretty, and she can sing better than most Kpop female idols, including the 2nd gen (SNSD, Kara, WGs etc...). But she still can't make it, poor kid. Please don't end up like G.NA.If you really think about it, she sings far better than Somi, dance much better, and just as beautiful and young, and half-blood. Shannon's like an upgrade version of Somi but MBK just fcked her up big time, so she can only look at Somi making all the dough and cry

imbuttercup 7 days ago

I don't care which agency she will end up, just not her current agency. Yes in YG she probably not actively promoting, but at least not as fuck up as her current agency.

JK0988 7 days ago

I really love her and want to support her, but her character seems to be over the top due to her great talent.

needtoknow 7 days ago

You couldn't pick which company to go into when you won this season anyways

pink_oracle 7 days ago

lol. "I hate my agency and I want them to know it".

Icameinyoonasass 7 days ago

She would have been in forever hiatus in YG if solo. From her songs and performances she dosnt suit yg

hashtagged Icameinyoonasass 7 days ago

I don't know about that anymore with all the comebacks that are happening recently. Yg definitely stepped up their game.

intricate 7 days ago

kinda feel like she'd have been better suited for a group rather than solo.

krell intricate 7 days ago

Also, SOLO is *difficult* to 'bring it off' without getting some exposure (and personal fan base creation) via a GROUP situation.

charged