Variety

Jun Hyun Moo and the cast of 'Abnormal Summit' complain about American airports

By jennywill   22 days ago   41,461   728   48
jun-hyun-moo

The cast of 'Abnormal Summit' expressed their distaste for American airports.

On the 1st, the panel talked about airports all around the world. New York's JFK Airport was ranked at #63, and Mark Tetto, from USA, agreed to the ranking and complained about having to pay for everything, even the luggage carts.

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon discusses the topics of entering the Western market, joining the army, and more

Guillaume Patry said, "They asked so many questions, so I ended up missing my plane. I had to stay another day.Niklas Klabunde added, "They ask weird questions. When you say you're here to visit a friend, they ask why you came to visit that friend."

MC Jun Hyun Moo agreed and told his story from the LA airport, saying, "I came to see my friend, and they asked me why I was staying only two days. I asked them if that wasn't allowed, and they asked why I was coming so far to see him just for two days. I told them it was my privacy, and ended up getting quarantined."

Have you had similar experiences at American airports?

1. Jun Hyun Moo

cheriebunny 20 days ago

American Airports are the devil. A customs worker threw my dad's passport at him after all his info was perfect. She seemed very pissed off that nothing was wrong and that he could enter the country without a problem. Most airports, all airports I dare to say, ask questions and check all info, but American airports treat you like you're the lowest piece of shit. Unless you're American of course. But really, so horrible. It's fine to check info and ask questions, but their attitude is disgusting. It's like they purposely only hire douchbags to work in the American airports.

ReilaGaze32 cheriebunny 20 days ago

They treat Americans like that too. I took everything out of my pockets like instructed too, and the metal detector kept going off. So I said, it must be the botton of my jeans. The lady said, "No, you didn't take all the items out of your pockets like you were told too. Someone come pat her down please, I don't have time for this." Turns out...it was the button of my jeans. The lady who pat me down wasn't very nice about it either.

BeyondThe7Seas 21 days ago

I honestly think being defensive at customs is a terrible idea. They're there for security reasons. If I went to any country with the same reasoning, I'm sure customs would be questioning why I would pay hundreds/thousand of dollars for a roundtrip ticket just to stay for 2 days.

pink_oracle 22 days ago

If you're not used to being squeezed at every possible opportunity for every last penny you have I'm sure you would find it a negative experience.

hyukki 22 days ago

That was a DUMB thing to say. ".. none of his business as to why he is there for 2 days..."I went to Swiss last October and was asked a stupid question. What did I do? I just gave him an answer and had a wonderful time in Swiss. I think these young people need and "attitude adjustments." Be smart! Or stay in Korea!

NORM hyukki 22 days ago

The thing is he's 40, so not exactly young

cheriebunny hyukki 20 days ago

You must be American I'm assuming, or have never traveled to the U.S. It's not about being smart, American airport workers are horrible. They treat people like shit. My dad got asked stupid questions, he answered them perfectly and politely, all his info in the passport was perfect as well. Everything checked out without a problem, the customs worker was so pissed off that everything was perfectly fine that she threw my dad's passport at his face and said in a very patronizing voice "ugh you can enter the U.S" Horrible experience honestly. So no, it's not like you say, it's not about "being smart" It's the fact that all workers in American airports are douchbags.

Hantjaka01 22 days ago

wow wtf murica

BigBangVIP_NYC 22 days ago

In this day and age, if I'm going to fly for 12 hours to visit someone for 2 days and I go through security and they don't ask me why I don't think I would feel safe traveling to that airport. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Winston 22 days ago

I think some people may argue that airports with past history of being attacked (like Brussels, Paris, New York) or higher chance of being attacked (like Big cities airport) tend to have higher security and vigilance and hence ask more questions and are lower in the ranking, then i beg to differ why Munich airport which got #3 ranking in 2016 and #4 in 2017, also was targeted in a shooting incident in 2016 which resulted in 9 dead, still can achieve #4 ranking in 2017.

Winston 22 days ago

I think their complains about US airports isnt just what the cast feel. for the airports in USA to be ranked so low, means a lot of other air travelers feel the same way about US airports too. You dun need to be Rude, or suspicious and such to have a good security system. the idea that a "good security guard" is one who dun smile, and look burly and fierce is outdated, there are airports with good security system while have high service standards. You dun enforce security by suspecting every one who tries to enter your country legally.

Anythingyg 22 days ago

Maybe If korea stepped its security up we could get our soilders back while they wanna talk shit

CamelKnight Anythingyg 22 days ago

Feeling offended much? Lol. They have a point though. Airport security, not just in the USA but everywhere, has gone completely bonkers. With all the increased measurements since 9/11, all those safety precautions have exactly prevented zero new bomb attacks on planes. All it has done is made personel at airports more edgy and itchy, passengers more annoyed, kept tourists away (due to insulting behaviour of personel and increased privacy interference, among others) and it cost a bundle. I don't mind being subjected to questions or have my luggage searched for illegal stuff. I get that. We all want to be safe. But this has gone quite beyond being safe. It has come to a point where I'm wondering if they're doing it to keep us safe or just to annoy us. Asking someone why they only visit a friend for 2 days? Who the hell are you to care about that? If I want to, I'll fly every day to see a friend and there's nothing you can legally do to stop me.

Anythingyg CamelKnight 22 days ago

True but idk if you've seen what's been happened in America over the he past 2 yrs alone. The govnt has every right

Winston Anythingyg 22 days ago

what can happen in America, also can and will happen to other country, like Brussels and Paris airport. but just because there were targetted, dun mean the airport is like a prison and every passenger is treated with suspicion and asked where are want to go, what they ate for lunch, and why they are only here for 48hours and not longer? or like what trump is trying to do, bar travellers from countries which terrorists came from. the 9/11 attacks prove that the terroists didnt need to smuggle a BOMB on the plane or carry a gun on a plane to kill people, the plane itself is one Massive Missile. They might as well have every traveller go through a lie detector test before boarding. Kentucky, Hamburg and Denver airports got #26, #27 #28 respectively which are much higher than the #60+ that New York's JFK gotten.

CamelKnight Anythingyg 22 days ago

You're in denial if you think America is the only "target". There have been numerous attacks all over the world. As @Winston already said: Brussels, Paris, but don't forget Turkey either. Or many of the other countries that suffered from attacks. The government has a duty to protect the people. I'm just wondering if they're not taking it too far. As said by @Winston aswell: the plane itsself is a massive bomb. No need to smuggle a bomb on a device which can easily be turned to a bomb itsself. I've got a serious question for you though: do you actually feel safer with all those security measurements? Because I sure as hell don't.

Anythingyg CamelKnight 22 days ago

I never said America was the only target. Can you read?

Anythingyg Winston 22 days ago

DID I den you any of theat or simply say America has every right? WOw

Shiraa Anythingyg 21 days ago

As if America would call their soldiers back even when SK has upgraded their security system. Everybody knows that America likes to play the ruling hero and being in control of other countries. They won't leave SK simply because it gives them the opportunity and excuse to intervene with Asian politics. In fact, it would be much calmer around that area if America left now that Trump is president.

Anythingyg Shiraa 21 days ago

Honey no shit there's us presence everywhere it only recently got increased tho. Pay attention and know wtf if going on . And trump is a clowns bitch

cheriebunny Anythingyg 20 days ago

The government has every right to make their customs workers into douchbags? Naw. Not how things work honey. You have obviously never experience the shitty treatment they give people in American airports. It's not about asking stupid questions, it's about the fact American airports treat any non American traveler like they're not human. My dad got his passport thrown at his face by a worker at customs because all his info was in perfect order. She was literally pissed off everything was fine and he could enter the U.S. She even said to him "ugh, you can enter" No, the government doesn't have the right to pull that shit. Your statement shows your ignorance. The government has the right to be thorough and careful, not assholes.

Anythingyg cheriebunny 20 days ago

The questions and then aggression are two different things. Your dad should've beat ass he had every right to

Riaa726 22 days ago