WINNER open up about Nam Tae Hyun's departure from the group

By yckim124   21 days ago   212,890   10,988   104
winner,nam-tae-hyun

WINNER talked about Nam Tae Hyun's departure from the group.

On April 4, WINNER made their long-awaited and also first ever comeback as a group of 4.

In an interview with OSEN, the members opened up about the absence of Nam Tae Hyun. Kang Seung Yoon stated, "Nam Tae Hyun couldn't be with us due to health issues. It's true that it was difficult. It wasn't just 'Oh well we can't do anything'. We were concerned about our fans. There were a lot of people who loved Nam Tae Hyun and Nam Tae Hyun did well as the main vocal so that led to concerns."

He continued, "But we couldn't spend days just worrying. I believed that we could no longer make fans wait. So we jumped into producing to make a comeback. We concentrated on self-development so the fans couldn't feel his emptiness. We had no choice but to grow."

SEE ALSO: WINNER revealed as the #1 winner of last week's 'Inkigayo'!

Kim Jin Woo added, "With Nam Tae Hyun gone, the vocal parts increased. I worried a lot about how to consume that. I concentrated more on the vocals. I received lessons even on breaks and recorded multiple times. I kept on practicing and practicing."

Kang Seung Yoon stated, "Now we are 4 members so we just have to accept it. The 5 of us will forever be in the hearts of the fans. We don't want to erase the 5 member WINNER. I hope they give a lot of love to the 4 member WINNER too."

1. WINNER
    2. Nam Tae Hyun

Yabaikang 16 days ago

They never fails to amaze me personally. Its like bittersweet ending.The bonds between them is so strong that Seungyoon even said FOOL was generally inspired by TaehyunWOT5 always in our hearts, but this is new era of WINNER. I wish WINNER and Nam Taehyun can achieves their goals in the future.Ps : well done, Kang Leader :)

_CLeO 20 days ago

I was also thinking how the vocals increased xP Yes, WINNER OT5 in our hearts!!!

JiminLee7 20 days ago

i always felt like i need something like this as a closure for myself about WINNER, because taehyun was my bias. thank you for saying this. even though they maybe sounded like they already moved on i think that it won't be easy to continue at first because they were fight for this together as 5. taehyun will always be in my heart too :)

exo_lnpirit 20 days ago

I like the fact that they are being open about Nam departure from the group, but why every time a group (not just WINNER) talks about the departure of some member feels as if they spoke more of a business partner than a friendKinda feel sad :(

junmoneyyyy 20 days ago

I don't follow winner or their music, but its nice to see that they are open to speaking about him and that they appreciate what nam taehyun has done for their group

lyricaldancer10 20 days ago

I like how they open up about him. More groups should do that instead of just pretending the member didn't exist. Like all those days training and performing together for years just disappear

fatenumber4 20 days ago

I hope someday Taehyun also talks about Winner

jpnAyelor 20 days ago

There was no "I miss him"

Jadewashere64 20 days ago

I've noticed that YG artsists don't try to Tip toe around subjects like this. I really like that.Though I don't really listen to Winner. I wish both Winner & Nam tae hyun the best.

lyricaldancer10 Jadewashere64 20 days ago

I wish more groups did that

Jadewashere64 lyricaldancer10 20 days ago

Yeah. I agree. It would be really nice

sehyunkimm 20 days ago

i agree! i don't think OT5 inner circles should completely refuse to even acknowledge winner as OT4. at the same time, OT4 inner circles should continue to support winners past music as 5 members, instead of pretending that it never existed. the fact that winner comes out with lit music as 4 members AND 5 members is the only thing that matters to me...

extra