Special Features, Original Features

The Messiest K-Pop / Western Artist Collaboration Misfires

By Patrick_Magee   24 days ago   421,194   1,684   137
Intro
When East Meets West Isn't The Best

These collaborations prove that K-Pop crossovers don't always work out. Although fans often get their expectations nice and high at the prospect of their favorite K-pop acts working with Western artists, sometimes the final product doesn't deliver on the potential of the original vision. We still love all of the artists involved, but sometimes even the best of the best fail to deliver!

SEE ALSO: Today is 2NE1's 8th anniversary since their hot debut with "Fire"

1. 2NE1
  2. JYJ
  3. Wonder Girls
  4. Psy
  5. BoA
  6. Se7en

OGTrashKan 22 days ago

Wow. Why would AKP publish a hate article? I get that the its the author's views and all, but still! If y'all were having a slow news day, I could have done some stand up or karaoke or something, just saying. \_(0_o)_/

oooxtina 23 days ago

okay i think the 2 wonder girls songs were actually catchy and boa's wasn't too bad either

Longan_Lychee 23 days ago

Se7en, that room salon massage addict and cheater, shouldn’t be linked to lil Kim, it’s a disgrace to her

bangeryun94 Longan_Lychee 23 days ago

You have sexual hangups don't you? Nothing to be ashamed of, me too.

Longan_Lychee bangeryun94 23 days ago

Good that you admit! Don’t get me wrong.. sex is really good, but cheating and abusing are a no-no for me

bangeryun94 Longan_Lychee 23 days ago

Cheating and abusing are a deal breaker for me too.

diya_249 23 days ago

well i liked both Wonder Girls's love me like money and The DJ is mine plus BoA's i did it for love and Seven's girls and a little Psy's hangover

Hantjaka01 24 days ago

I think PSY & Snoop Dogg did well together

shannnnt 24 days ago

BoA's english tracks are fine though. Eat You Up is the best for me~

steadystrike 24 days ago

Kpop is like poison for western artists. Once they collaborate with a kpop star they mysteriously disappear. That's why a lot of western artists try to avoid Kpop altogether because that curse.

Laylay_99 24 days ago

Actually I thought hangover was litty asf.

ponponpeach 24 days ago

There's also the collab between Punch/Samuel Kim (currently in P101) and Silentó called Spotlight, which would have been an amazing song if Silentó wasn't there because I hate that guy's voice with passion

ana_martins 24 days ago

though i dont approve k-idols coming to West industry and sing in english i like WG´s songs and the BoA´s song (it was even one of the 1st songs that i heard from BoA around 2010)

charged