The Chainsmokers name Big Bang and CL as their favorite K-Pop artists

By yckim124   16 days ago   145,303   34,846   126
CL,Big-Bang

The Chainsmokers talked about their favorite K-Pop artists!

The American DJ duo recently took the time for an interview with Yonhap News and revealed that they enjoy K-Pop. The Chainsmokers stated, "We've listened to K-Pop a lot. We really think it's amazing music." The duo then named Big Bang and CL as their favorite K-Pop artists.

SEE ALSO: Harin posts about how she was afraid but overcame being compared to her sister CL

They also expressed desires for a collaboration with a K-Pop artist, stating, "We want to collaborate with a K-Pop artist who shares the same vision with us. We're waiting for the best timing."

1. CL
  2. Big Bang

YoUrAvErAgEVIP 15 days ago

WoW Chainsmokers Their My fave 2. I mean welcome to the ROYAL FAMILY!!!👑👑👑

allkpopellie 15 days ago

Who wouldn't dream of a collaboration with BB? Get in the line Chainsmokers lol. They are the gods of kpop :)

fantasticlau 15 days ago

Wow super original answer.

eirayza 15 days ago

before throwing hate to chainsmokers, look them up.. if you don't know them then you must be living under the rock for too long. their song closer with halsey (another hot artist) is almost  at 1.5 BILLION views on youtube and covered too many times.. even by 1Million dance studio.

eirayza 15 days ago

Let me stop my kpop playlist for now. I feel like listening to chainsmokers and charlie puth all of a sudden because of this news.

ellagkpopunnie 15 days ago

Kings still receiving attention despite being on hiatus 👑

LOVEBIGBANGTAEYA ellagkpopunnie 14 days ago

i miss them :(

ellagkpopunnie LOVEBIGBANGTAEYA 12 days ago

me too :( hopefully we get a solo from the other 3 members this year. I kinda want their dongsaengs (Winner) to shine

sicupidcipid 15 days ago

Chainsmoker doesnt need KPOP for a publicity.. c'mon. But im glad if they can collaborate with one of the names they mentioned above. Bigbang or CL. And people still question why only YG artist got mentioned by some POPULAR American singers??? Well, probably, they like YG music... Hmm... i dunno.

ellagkpopunnie sicupidcipid 15 days ago

It's not about publicity, it's about music and being able to work with artists from different countries and learning from each other. Also, YG is popular with western artists bec YG has the most western sound (esp r&b and hiphop)

Annggeell sicupidcipid 15 days ago

YG artists (BB) are the only ones who can produce songs that sound unique and amazing! No artists in kpop or the Western world do it like BB does it. They don't sound Western at all imo. I still can't believe they produce songs like Blue, Haru, Haru. The first time I listen to BB, they gave me the same feels as Shakespeare, Beethoven, Van Goth, Mozart. Timeless, powerful, can't be reproduce. They are geniuses and pure talents! Of course, the Western World is gone look at them, they are creating masterpieces :). You look at and admire arts you can't reproduce or wish you could have created.

shubhajan 15 days ago

i wonder if there naming these kpop idols, like BTS, CL and big bang for publicity??

LAFF92 shubhajan 15 days ago

Chainsmokers only responded to a tweet made by BTS_twt. with a wow, Thank you then 2 hearts. So far that's the only time I know they " interacted " with BTS. NO mention of BTS or anything like that as I know. Only the reply to the BTs handle.We are not even sure if they know it's a KPOP group since the response is just that. So, technically they don't do some naming stuff as you call it. If you follow Chainsmokers twitter, those hearts and that line wow thank you they use a lot as response to people who like and say good things about them or their songs. With Bigbang and CL, I guess they were asked about KPOP artists. and who they like. and they were kinda specific about it. Not surprising though cuz if we believe some of the posts here one mentioned that they've been following GD's twitter. If we have to measure a groups popularity by KPOP standards meaning YT views, check out their MV's. . Peace! )

eirayza shubhajan 15 days ago

chainsmokers don't need kpop artists for publicity. they're already UP THERE.. it would be an honor for BB or CL to have a collab with them since chainsmokers is one of the hottest artists out there nowadays

Annggeell eirayza 15 days ago

Wow, some people really think that kpop leads the world, Chainsmokers doesn't lead the music industry, but they are way more popular than our k-pop oppas. Their songs are known worldwide unfortunately lol, and is played on the radio In Europe, China, Australia etc. BTS, BB, CL's songs are not. I know it's English :(. Still it's time to wake up, some Western artists don't need kpop, they are popular.

eirayza Annggeell 15 days ago

exactly, it's the fans who are actually trying to make their groups get noticed by these western artists.. because really, kpop world is still small scale.. it might gone global nowadays but many people still don't know this kind of subculture exists.

Annggeell LAFF92 15 days ago

Also, I feel like kpop fans have been harassing Western artists to like their oppas to make their oppas look more popular. Of course, Western artists are polite and are gone say, "wow, that's so nice." but their real thoughts "wth." It's almost a competition who's going to get more celebrity fans and attention. Ridiculous, and now people think Western artists want to use Kpop lol.

Annggeell eirayza 15 days ago

I know you answered my 2nd comment, but this allkpop erased my first answer to u :), I had to refresh it, and it's after your answer lol. It's ridiculous, it's all started with that competition game. I'm not gone talk about which fandom started it to compete with another fandom lol. Kpop fans want the attention, the Western artists and celebrities could care less!

eirayza Annggeell 15 days ago

it's all good east and west music collaborates.. but this "using for publicity" has gone too sour for my taste.

Annggeell eirayza 15 days ago

I agree, some people need to think twice before reading basically, it's ridiculous. I would love a collaboration and I can see BB being the best choice, but wait for those fans to start whining and flood Western celebrities twitters if they dare to choose or to mention a group that is not theirs, look at that, look at him, lol. What they don't get is that Western artists do whatever they want, however they want, they produce the music they want, and if you don't like it, maybe the next one, a bit like BB. You cannot force someone to like your group or your music. Being polite doesn't mean that you like the group. No our k-pop oppas are not known internationally, and nobody is using them lol.

LAFF92 Annggeell 15 days ago

I agree with both of you. I kinda find it ridiculous that fans and kpop writers actually thnk that just because they answerd a tweet it meant a collab, lol and they're using their oppas for publicity when it fact it was their oppa who mentioned them first. And it was blown out of proportion with fans thinking they know their oppas bts . They must have known them by now if they go to the internet and find themselves on the headline with articles like Chainsmokers a collab with BTS? LOL or something like that. And even so, they still mention Bigbang as their favorite, so I figured , they must have NOT known that the handle BTS-twt is a kpop group as well when they answered that tweet. .Just go to Chainsmokers twitter and you know what I mean. If wow thank you meant using people THEN chainsmokers is using a lot of people lol. Just shaking my head on this one.

Annggeell LAFF92 15 days ago

Oppa did a cover song, bang on the guy/gal twitter, "you like it, right? right? right? Notice me, here is a link, just click on it" lol, I'm not on Twitter for that reason lol, this is too much for me lol. I don't know what went on with BTS and them lol, but I don't think they know who they are lol. I don't even know who they are... I heard about them because of their spamming fans, headache.

kruton shubhajan 15 days ago

lol Chainsmokers has the most nominations for Music Awards right now on BIllboards (along with Drake). They don't need publicity they are rocking it.

LAFF92 15 days ago

I want something just like this, do dod do, LOL. Chris Martin of Coldplay   collaborated with Chainsmokers. If it does happens that GD or BB will do a collaboration as well, which I highly doubt, then it's all good.

credit: Chainsmokers YT

chiyasuho 15 days ago

I be okay if they collabrate between kpop and american but im not been mean it look like american singer are slowly want attention from kpop fandom

ellagkpopunnie chiyasuho 15 days ago

Lol the chainsmokers are an extremely popular duo worldwide, they do not need attention from kpop fandoms.

Annggeell chiyasuho 15 days ago

The Chainsmokers don't need kpop fandom's attention, they are known internationally, compared to our K-pop oppas, they are more famous imo, BB being an exception, the chainsmokers need great song writers ;) so they looked at BB :)

chiyasuho Annggeell 15 days ago

alright im not just saying chainsmokers but all american singer it look like they getting more active to be with kpop idol. But i be happy if it reeally happen

Annggeell chiyasuho 15 days ago

The sad truth is that it's the kpop fans who are seeking the attention of Western artists using social media, so they can brag that this celebrity likes their group. It's becoming a competition. Poor Western artists.

really