Variety

Sleepy reveals he and Lee Kuk Ju are leaving 'We Got Married' + weight gain after joining

By elliefilet   12 days ago   78,864   2,730   27
sleepy

Sleepy revealed he gained over 22 pounds (10kg) after joining Lee Kuk Ju on 'We Got Married'.

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon discusses the topics of entering the Western market, joining the army, and more

On the April 18th broadcast of SBS Power FM's 'Cultwo Show', Sleepy responded to questions about his onscreen wife, saying, "They said it was a secret, but the news of the end of our segment made headlines. There's not much time left now. We're half-divorced."

He continued, "I gained a lot of weight filming 'WGM'. I think it's because I ate a lot of good food. People say that I look better now that I've gained weight. When I was on 'Real Men', I weight about 143-146 pounds (65-66kg). Now I'm at almost 172 pounds (78 kg)."

Are you sad the Sleepy-Lee Kuk Ju couple are leaving 'We Got Married'?

1. Sleepy
    2. we got married

YoUrAvErAgEVIP 10 days ago

They ARE My Fav NOOOOO!!!!!!!

periwinkledomo 10 days ago

eh its ok. he was too skinny before

Lary_kpop 11 days ago

It is sad since they were really funny together... But they will probably be on many varieties since their partnership works well. They are clearly friends, so everything is fine :)

GDcoke 11 days ago

I read Sleepy auditioned for SMTM6. Have fun and good luck!

thefabcat92 12 days ago

i thought this show is getting axed?

grumps 12 days ago

He looks so much better after gaining weight. He used to look so sick, now he is actually getting to hot.

Happypeoo 12 days ago

I feel sorry for gook ju she did a lot of things to impress himbecause she likes him...smh

Winston Happypeoo 12 days ago

I doubt she likes him for real, she mentioned before on Radio Star, their relationship is business.

grumps Winston 12 days ago

On Happy Together, didn't she say it was because she thought he wasn't serious, and she didn't want to get hurt? (though it could be a gag)

Winston grumps 12 days ago

She said that she has been "attacked" before online and on SNS, whenever she behaves nice to an idol or a male celebrity, and hence she tries to tell herself that no, the guy is probably nice to me, because he is being polite, and lets not get hurt if i get too serious in the relationship, so she keeps a distance. but it can be bad if a guy REALLY likes her and she thinks Nah its not. I think she fears the backlash and anti-fans so much she probably wont ever date a celebrity.

justinnam1 12 days ago

At first I liked the couple. They were a fresh breath after all these good looking, perfect, angels. But then after talking to my dad, he said that he thinks Sleepy is using Gookju to get more attention, and now I can't unsee it. It's like when he says that he's thinking of going on SMTM or when he posts pictures of celebrities to get more followers. It kinda sucks and ruined my view of the couple. Nothing wrong with trying to get attention, but it does make me sad to think like that.

justinnam1 12 days ago

I'm not saying that it's true and that the relationship is a lie (even tho it kinda is a fake marriage). It's just how I see it

Winston justinnam1 12 days ago

Sleepy and Kook Ju was already "together" back when they did I live alone, and she came over to help him, I think the viewers of that show "Thinks" they are a good "imaginary couple" and hence the PD of WGM bring them to the program to "continue" the virtual relationship which is clearly exist to satisfy the viewer's fantasy. I dun think its really their affection towards each other.

ashablue justinnam1 11 days ago

But that's like all the couples in this show. Its all business, and both parties know that. Unlike other couples at least these two are friends.

justinnam1 Winston 11 days ago

Yeah, but that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that when he said that he likes her in interviews for radio star and happy together and etc, I think he lied to get more attention. Obviously I can be wrong because I don't know them personally, but that is just how I feel

justinnam1 ashablue 11 days ago

of course, but if you look at articles and see "Sleepy says he likes gookju" you'd think "wow, he likes someone that's not seen as pretty, or perfect. He's such a kind hearted person" It just makes him look better than saying "I like seolhyun cuz she's hot" and I think he clearly knew that when he said those things, you know?

ashablue justinnam1 11 days ago

I guess I see your point

Winston justinnam1 11 days ago

it reminds me of all those pretty female celebs going on Knowing Brothers and when they are asked the "Sang min" questions, "Among all those present who is your ideal type", the 2 most commonly picked safe choice, is Kang Ho Dong and Lee Su Geun. Being married and safe. Which is why Jang Hoon and the rest say its "Business" choice, because at the end of the day, those people end up dating someone totally opposite to Kang Ho Dong, in looks or career or personality.

justinnam1 Winston 11 days ago

Yeah definitely a good comparison. didn't think of that. Clearly people would revolve towards heechul or kyunghoon, but they say the others.

lemonpop 12 days ago

Sometimes weight gaining is better! :)

Belleckx21 12 days ago

The are a funny and cute couple . Mabye for sleeepy gain abit weight better then too skin . Can eat salad  also dun need everuday eat unhealty food

really