Variety

Roy Kim reveals he donated his 'Super Star K 4' prize money worth $440,000 to charity

By KpopJoA   16 days ago   20,788   1,789   13
roy-kim

Singer Roy Kim made a guest appearance on the April 10 installment of JTBC's 'Please Take Care of My Refrigerator.'

SEE ALSO: Roy Kim confirmed to make a comeback in May

When asked about competing on season 4 of 'Super Star K,' Roy Kim mentioned that he didn't even think he would make it to the finals and win.

He continued, "So after winning, I decided to donate my prize money to charity."  And added, "I knew that prize money wasn't mine, to begin with."

Roy Kim proudly said, "I donated more than 500 million KRW (approximately $440,000)."

Netizens commented, "What a generous person," "That's amazing," "Roy Kim is such a great singer who's good at singing, studying and helping those in need," "He is so cool."

1. Roy Kim
    2. Please Take Care of My Refrigerator

denn1sable 16 days ago

giving to charity is great...if you can afford it. unless he's rich, he should have donated no more than half his winnings. he might need the money now since he's not that popular. on the other hand, if he's happy with it then good for him.

koog008 16 days ago

Sad to see that even though he won.. jung joon young is much more popular.. it's like watching park ji-min and lee ha-yi

Shitdowntaehyung 16 days ago

AWW Roy Kim. Not only is your voice angelic but your soul is too. Not many people would give that all away to charity, because they would be focused on all the things they can buy with it. But Roy Kim seems pretty humble. I love his song, "The Lullaby", like both his albums have a unique style to him and a great to study to.

imJooyeon 16 days ago

Oh, so we have a rich boy with a good heart here

MOM_IS_BACK 16 days ago

yeah right! bitch u should have given me that dough!

hiroonakamura 16 days ago

1) that's a huge 1st prize check he got!!      2) why does he think the money weren't his? of course it was

kek86366 (Banned) 16 days ago

This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

Pr_Geun_Hye (Banned) 16 days ago

It's really good to make donations for the charity, but it's better to remain humble and not to talk about that. During my presidency in Korea, I did a lot of donations for different charities but I never talk about that and no one knows about that. Please stay humble and don't talk about your good deeds.

Taecamefromthe  Pr_Geun_Hye (Banned) 16 days ago

Wang se jun will be mad read this :(

Pr_Geun_Hye (Banned) Taecamefromthe 16 days ago

who is this Wang se jun? Everyone is talking about him ? is he a hero I don't know ?

Cath_Keller  Pr_Geun_Hye (Banned) 15 days ago

Oh no! Now we know about your "secret" donations. Please stay humble and don't talk about your good deeds. Wang_Sejung will be sad to read this :(

Wang_delulu_D  Pr_Geun_Hye (Banned) 12 days ago

I'll donate you money for your plastic surgery wanker.

kpoplover2002 16 days ago

That's wondeful, very generous of him.

The End