Variety

'Produce 101' PD says he didn't expect Jang Moon Bok to gain so much attention as the 'Ending Fairy'

By yckim124   22 days ago   72,612   3,032   49
misc

Ahn Joon Young PD of 'Produce 101' season 2 shared his thoughts on Jang Moon Bok's immense popularity.

The ONO Entertainment trainee gained tremendous attention and love after the contestants very first stage of ''Pick Me'' on 'M Countdown'. His ending moment went viral and he gained the nickname 'Ending Fairy'.

SEE ALSO: Actress Yoon Jin Seo to tie the knot with her non-celebrity boyfriend on Jeju Island

At the press conference for the show on April 3, Ahn PD revealed, "Some people asked if I cast Jang Moon Bok (to gain attention for the show) but I really didn't. I confirmed his desires to become an idol and that's how he came on the show. I didn't expect this much popularity for Jang Moon Bok. I'm surprised by it every day."

He also shared a comment about 'Ending Fairy'. Ahn PD said, "It's a coincidence how he became the 'Ending Fairy'. As the trainer said, he was originally in the 'F' ranking but he worked really hard. I couldn't resist capturing him for the ending. I'm also very curious as to how he'll grow from now on."

The first episode of 'Produce 101' season 2 is airing on April 7.

1. misc.
    2. jang moon bok
    3. produce 101

grifsnax 11 days ago

i actually find him quite handsome, idk why people hating so much lol...

SunLightWorld 18 days ago

I'm willing to gave him a Shampoo CF contract.

Rosie1140 20 days ago

his hair is exceptional among kpop trainees

Black_wind 20 days ago

Moonbok for the win!!

unscrewedhorses 21 days ago

I have a feeling they added him to the show kind of as a joke, like he was going to be the focus of their bullshit editing, and now the show hasn't even started and he's by far the most popular and now they're scrambling and reassessing things.

LilBmw 21 days ago

I feel like he'll be the Sohye of PD101. I guess he can rap but I feel like he'll be the only F rank to make it into Top 11

Heart_to_Seoul 21 days ago

He's not ugly and his long hair probably holds his power! X'D

CCA 21 days ago

He's so not cute. Why do people like him?

Miiaa CCA 21 days ago

because of his talent

unscrewedhorses CCA 21 days ago

Talent and personality and because not everyone is shallow.

QueenGG 21 days ago

yeah no one expects ugly people to be popular

wonderboy47 21 days ago

Not the typical Kpop visual at all but there is something about him that I like. Seems like he'll be the Sohye of this season.

extra