Mina sheds tears talking about how her boyfriend 17 years her junior gave up being an idol for her

By yckim124   17 days ago   212,244   9,034   45
misc

Singer Mina (45) opened up about her young boyfriend Ryu Philip (28).

Following her guest appearance on 'Taxi', where she made jaws drop with her stellar pole dancing skills, Mina sat down for an interview with OSEN

Back in 2014, Mina's boyfriend Ryu Philip debuted in the idol group SoRealHowever, the group failed to gain much success. Ryu Philip later gained more attention for being Mina's young boyfriend. Currently, he's in the military for his mandatory service and he's scheduled to get discharged next month.

SEE ALSO: Instiz will be removing 3 music charts from iChart

To OSEN, Mina talked about Ryu Philip's sacrifice for her, and said, "He gave up promoting as an idol for me. He's good at singing, he works hard, and he's also good looking so he could've succeeded but I feel sorry because he gave up a lot for me. He was so happy to finally make his debut after 5 years of training. He had a difficult time when he had to enlist in the military." She broke down in tears and said, "I want to become a great support to him."

She also talked about plans for marriage. Mina said, "We don't have plans for marriage yet. There will be a lot of restrictions if he promotes as a married man. He's very youthful so he's capable of gaining fangirls but because of me... He has great potential so I didn't want our relationship to be revealed. So much potential but the fangirls disappeared. He doesn't care but I feel really sorry."

Lastly, Mina said, "Philip says he's exercising and practicing his singing since he'll be discharged soon. I attend an acting school so I share my scripts and he practices by himself too. He said he'll succeed and treat me better. My boyfriend teaches me singing and I teach him dance and Chinese. We have a synergy where we teach and learn from each other. We get along very well as we try to improve together."

1. misc.
    2. mina
    3. Ryu Philip

alphabeta91 16 days ago

I reaaaaally really really hope they can stay together, although I predict it will be very hard in the future! I hope I'm wrong

iamhalways 16 days ago

She has got to be real.  It is not a sacrifice.  It is hard being an idol now than it was years back.  When she is 55, he will only be 38 and probably able enough to reconsider their relationship.

fxcx09 17 days ago

More importantly, they have a healthy relationship and they shower each other with affection & support as well as help each other to grow into better human beings. The age gap doesn't really matter honestly if they're happy and their relationship doesn't affect anyone else. It's not like she's 80 and he's 18. I wish them the best of luck, they seem like a genuine good couple.

crowboy 17 days ago

They seem like they connect really well~ Their relationship seems productive, it's hard to find people who can both help each other out so well.

shyloone 17 days ago

Big age difference, an hes hot, but if they are really happy well then thats their life,I dont think you should give up your dreams of becoming an Idol for any person though, an are they thinking of not having a family of their own, she be kind of too old, but ohwell lets see a few more years from now, because im sure if he was a successful Idol, she wouldnt probably be in the picture

robin1 17 days ago

Ew. Why would he want to date that ugly ahjumma?? She's 45?? Can't she find a dude her own age at the old folks home or something?

k_kid robin1 16 days ago

People can date whoever they want. Hugh Jackman is 48 and his wife is 61, but I don't see anyone saying about that. Why? Because no one cares whether she's older than him or not.

federick 17 days ago

😍

krell 17 days ago

http://www.allkpop.com/forum/search/6363195/?q=shim&c[title_only]=1&c[user][0]=459 ... <-- SHIM MINA Slideshow (Feb. 2016 - 18 Photos)

smokeee 17 days ago

why does he have a weird non korean sounding name?  i'm assuming he's korean tho, since he's serving his mandatory service.  i also dont really understand why she says he gave it up for her, then talks about him debuting for a idol group so he can't get married.  these comments dont make much sense.

prettychristinna 17 days ago

Eww.  Her face looks like recycled plastic.

BigBangVIP_NYC prettychristinna 17 days ago

Don't worry...as your idols age, they too will look like recycled plastic....just a matter of time.

prettychristinna BigBangVIP_NYC 17 days ago

I'm sorry. I didn't mean it TT

MyTwoCent prettychristinna 17 days ago

Yeah i thought before she was pretty. I guess she went for more after the "after". She has that "i over did it on plastics but oh well too late" look lol. Most likely to try and look younger for her boy-toy and/or her prior plastic works needed updates.

really