Variety

Jang Moon Bok reveals he cried a lot when people made fun of his 'Superstar K2' audition

By yckim124   19 days ago   71,974   2,765   46

Jang Moon Bok opened up about his 'Superstar K2' audition that gave him the nickname 'Hip Hop President'.

On the first episode of 'Produce 101' season 2, Jang Moon Bok talked about his past audition and said, "At the time, I was rejective. I thought my rap was cool. I ignored the negative reactions. But my mother heard not just the criticism on my rap but other malicious remarks. I felt sorry for creating such situations for my mom. I regretted auditioning for 'Superstar K2'."

SEE ALSO: Comedian Hong Hyun Hee apologizes for blackface skit

He continued, "I cried a lot alone. I also wondered if I should continue the music and rap that I love. I worried whether I should just live like others or try the things I love. (Ultimately) I felt like I need to try it until the end since I started it. Even if I become a topic of laughter, I don't have anything to lose now. That's why I applied for it. I want to show my improvements."

Jang Moon Bok is currently participating in 'Produce 101' season 2 as a trainee of ONO Entertainment.

1. misc.
    2. produce 101

nami_chan 18 days ago

well fighting moonbok ,show them what you can do =)

KatM 19 days ago

HOLY

Icypoke 19 days ago

and also i see some people talking shit about his voice... welp twice dont have good vocals as well and they are considered the best group of 3rd generation...

nami_chan Icypoke 18 days ago

but why drag twice to praise moonbok, you don't need to do that. I love both by the way.

Icypoke 19 days ago

Welp im happy that he is popular now and have a lot of people cheering for him, this will break some tabos and korean stereotypes!

last2bfree 19 days ago

daamnn

mayh 19 days ago

He has a pretty face but lacks talent and personality. His voice is too annoying too. Sorry not sorry. Yea I agree it wasn't right of ppl bullying him but he should do other stuff besides music

thetzzk24 19 days ago

well this is how tv works, funny ng can be a material for broadcasting, he gain his popularity in a different way he expect but he must to endure until the end, because even though people are trying to make joke about him  they are still giving  a feedback(intentionally ) that is equal to popularity, he can became the "sohye male version" and start working hard to change people mind, i start seeing the new mnet plot in this season !

pink_oracle 19 days ago

Bet he's glad he didn't quit, he's completely turned the situation round to his favor and seems to be inline to be the biggest winner of season 2.

Nutelladela 19 days ago

It's so admirable that he's a male celebrity who has a huge MALE fanbase. Usually idols are popular because they're popular with the opposite gender, which only really requires sex appeal. If you're popular with your own gender, you usually don't become very famous because people are more focused on the opposite sex and not so much their own when it comes to stanning a celebrity. The fact that he's famous by being popular with his own gender shows that he's popular for his personality/drive/talent, aka very respectable things to be popular for. I don't watch male Produce 101 but I'm a fan of this guy.

thetzzk24 Nutelladela 19 days ago

idk , men's vote can be cruel..

Mavane Nutelladela 18 days ago

Actually, he's popular with men as a revenge for S1 because their favs didn't make it in Top11. They are using him to upset women lol.

thetzzk24 Nutelladela 17 days ago

what im saying is thathis popularity it isnt the way he wants, young mens people can be very double face in this way,! you know why because laugh for people's mistake is that everyone is looking for ! i dont wanna be more specific but i believe you got that point

1llionaire 19 days ago