BTOB's Minhyuk explains social media issue with ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend

By elliefilet   16 days ago   129,472   6,345   42
BTOB,Minhyuk,Minhyuk

BTOB's Minhyuk found himself in an awkward situation with an alleged ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend on Instagram.

SEE ALSO: BTOB pinch Kang Ho Dong's cheek, parody 'Goblin', and fluster the 'A Hyung I Know' members

According to reports, Minhyuk recently sent an ex-girlfriend a message through Instagram to see how she was doing, and what he got in return was an angry comment from her current boyfriend on his Instagram account. It became an issue among fans, and the BTOB member quickly deleted the post in question. Netizens are saying the ex-girlfriend denied ever dating Minhyuk, but it looks like a he-said-she-said situation at the moment.

In the early morning of April 14, Minhyuk wrote a letter to fans explaining what happened on the group's official fan cafe. His letter is as follows:

"I feel that it's embarrassing to go on and on explaining what happened, and it may cause further misunderstanding. This is why I'm giving a simple explanation. Yesterday during the day, I sent my former girlfriend a message. I was curious how she was doing because it's been a while, so I sent a message that said, 'Why don't I have your number?' That was all, but in the end, I did something stupid that I shouldn't have done.

It wasn't a meaningful message, and I was just asking how she was doing in passing. However, it seems I've made a silly mess. Her boyfriend may have been angry as he left a comment on my Instagram expressing his unhappiness. Despite the reason I sent the message, I was in the wrong for sending a message without knowing she has a boyfriend.

This has made me realize that it's immature to think of past relationships. Melodies could've gone on without knowing about this, but instead of letting rumors spread, I thought it'd be better to just explain myself.

There's nothing more I can say. Please don't look into it too much. The recent rumors concerning me are almost all false. The members and I have a deep, big love for Melody. If there are those who were disappointed because of this recent issue, I apologize. With this situation in mind, I'll take extra care about my actions in the future."

What are your thoughts on the social media drama?

1. BTOB
  2. Minhyuk
  3. Minhyuk

sonelflee 16 days ago

There are too many factors that are missing...so I have no conclusion on this.

LordLiar18 16 days ago

The current boyfriend is a little bit too sensitive about all this! I find it kinda nice asking up the wellbeing of an ex-girlfriend though!

Armyinthehouse 16 days ago

Seriously, the actual boyfriend is ridiculous. You can let your gf simply say that she is ok with a bf, or just not answer. But i find absurd to answer that way, insecure much?

Winston Armyinthehouse 15 days ago

Well when the "ex-bf" is a handsome guy like Minhyuk and a singer/idol, i can see why he is insecure unless he is also in the entertainment line.

Armyinthehouse Winston 14 days ago

If the girl likes him and they have confidence in each other there shouldn't be an issue. You don't date someone because he is handsome or famous and if she was that way, it would better to know it. Acting like an insecure macho alfa is the worst option.

wienmel 16 days ago

I see nothin wrong with Minhyuk sending message to ex girlfriend though. What's the big deal?

seochulgoo 16 days ago

Poor him, he is human too and is in love... I don't think that he would send her a message if he didn't still love her.

Amber_B 16 days ago

He should not have to justify his actions and apologise ????? He must feel embarrassed anyway because the boyfriend replied so that is enough.  We all regret messages at some point !

RimmieMeli Amber_B 16 days ago

Right

unscrewedhorses 16 days ago

I'm actually kind of amused by this, poor guy haha.  I feel like nearly everyone ends up learning the hard way that it's better to just let exes go, and it sounds like he definitely learned the hard way.  It's just part of growing up.  Hope no crazy fans give him too hard of a time.  ^^

centen 16 days ago

Tons of people keep in contact with their ex-bf/gf. Just wanting to see how they're doing, if the relationship ended on good terms, isn't a bad thing. And I'm not sure how he was expected to know that she was dating a new (crazy, jealous) boyfriend, and therefore, was no longer allowed to talk to other boys... DTMFN, girl.

Winston centen 16 days ago

you should never use SNS to find out how the other is doing when anyone can read it, he should have DM her instead or something.

leihoonie Winston 16 days ago

But he did send a message privately, didn't he? It was the bf who left a public comment right?

liviekate Winston 16 days ago

he dmed her and her boyfriend saw it, and replied publicly in a comment

Winston liviekate 16 days ago

how can her boyfriend see it if he DM her privately, unless her boyfriend checked his gf's mobile phone or login to her account. or unless the girl tell him.

liviekate Winston 16 days ago

im assuming she told him

Winston liviekate 16 days ago

well if she knows her bf is the jealous type, she should have known better, still she could have replied to him, that she was dating someone else already. i think this news also indirectly revealed that BTOB Minhyuk was previously and recently dated in secret which the fans may feel sad because he didnt let them know. i think some would want to be the first to know while some would not want to know.

Arwa_Moustafa Winston 15 days ago

Maybe she was his girlfriend when he was a trainee ? And they dated for 4 months I remember that MH once said that he broke up with his GF for the sake of being an idol or maybe... (Not sure though)

Winston Arwa_Moustafa 15 days ago

if it was when he was a trainee than the girl's bf must be really jealous or low self esteem that a ex-bf of so many years ago can threaten his relationship with the girl.

grumps 16 days ago

Poor baby ;A; (tbh if I found out my gf dated Minhyuk I'd be insecure af too.) Tbh, even if it was a flirting thing, who cares? He's a young healthy man, he has desires too (assuming he didn't know about the bf.)

edurance 16 days ago

I hate how the companies make idols post these fabricated statements to try and justify these so-called issues. There's nothing wrong with keeping in contact with a past relationship and worry about them. That's not inmature or wrong.

really