Variety

Winners of 'Produce 101' season 2 reportedly promoting together for 18 months

By yckim124   23 days ago   53,995   4,799   61
misc

The contract for the male version of 'Produce 101' is reportedly for 1 year and 6 months.

According to an exclusive report by TV Report, the winners from season 2 of the competition program will be signing a contract that lasts until December 31, 2018. This will allow the boys to promote together for a total of 18 months. Reportedly, there are also considerations for a world tour for this new group.

SEE ALSO: Watch 'Show! Music Core' Live!

The contract is longer than season 1 as IOI made their debut in May of 2016 and officially disbanded in January of 2017. In addition, the girls only had 3 concerts in Seoul compared to the world tour in consideration for the boy group.

Meanwhile, the trainees auditioning for 'Produce 101' season 2 recently started recording on February 26.

1. misc.
    2. produce 101

loveyang 22 days ago

can't wait to watch season 2 of produce 101

K_Unicorns 22 days ago

it's not fair but oh well..?

snsdtwinkle 22 days ago

WHAT THE FUCK. NO. RIOT!!! IOI DIDNT EVEN GET A FULL YEAR AND THE BOYS ARE GETTING 18 MONTHS!?!?! THE SEXISM IS SO STRONG WTF

JeAnYoung snsdtwinkle 22 days ago

No, they didn't make the contract really long because they didn't know if it was going to work out as great as it was going to. And the companies that provided the girls for IOI realized the benefits of the show and wanted to make sure that they make a debut using the popularity from IOI. That is why majority are in groups already. Many boy group members are quitting and being unactive to participate in the show, and since they know how much influence the show has, they want to make sure that they can get the most of it.

snsdtwinkle JeAnYoung 22 days ago

I am still upset... the injustice...

Keikai 22 days ago

Tbh I don't think think they'll gonna do as well as ioi did and I couldn't imagine another season of produce 101 with girls😷

msalgarynn 22 days ago

I WANT TO WATCH THIS SO BAD. When will it air?

chillvibes msalgarynn 22 days ago

I want to know too

seventeenxsammi 22 days ago

I believe the top 11 will include:A-Tom (Toppdogg)Nu'est memberall three seventeen ex traineesjuhyeok ( ex day6 memeber)Jinyoung (ex yg trainee)Noh Ji Hoon (that was or still is in cube entertainment)one member from both JJCC and fantagio ent.and one amazing person without a company that gets found out through the show*my opinion* ^_^

seventeenxsammi 22 days ago

ugh its spaced out weird... I believe the top 11 will include:A-Tom (Toppdogg)Nu'est member, all three seventeen ex trainees, juhyeok ( ex day6 member), Jinyoung (ex yg trainee), Noh Ji Hoon (that was or still is in cube entertainment), one member from both JJCC and fantagio ent. and one amazing person without a company that gets found out through the show*my opinion* ^_^

msalgarynn seventeenxsammi 22 days ago

Who are the seventeen ex trainees?

MissCaratStan msalgarynn 22 days ago

Samuel, MingMing, Doyoung? Not sure about the last one but I know for sure Samuel is an set pre debut member, 02 line

crowboy seventeenxsammi 22 days ago

Which JJCC members? Also, I hope Noh Ji Hoon is in the top 11. He's amazing and definitely deserves more recognition!

babynoir MissCaratStan 22 days ago

Its not Doyoung, its Jang Doyoon but he is already set his path in acting. The rumor one is Shin Dongjin, a 00-liner.

msalgarynn babynoir 22 days ago

I really wish Doyoon will participate. He's always my favorite even from pledis boys era. It will be interesting to see him and nu'est boys reunited. Actually it's unfortunate that coups is the only successful pledis boy at the moment

msalgarynn MissCaratStan 22 days ago

The 'little vernon' samuel? He's too cute! Are those three still in pledis?

seventeenxsammi crowboy 22 days ago

not sure I just saw an article about it :)

MissCaratStan msalgarynn 21 days ago

No, Samuel is in Brave ENT. now, he debuted in 1PUNCH before svt, but 1 from 1PUNCH left for YG, Mingming is in China pursuing a acting career last i saw. Doyoon is the only guy I'm completely unsure about....

MissCaratStan babynoir 21 days ago

Oops! Kayyyy thanks for clearing it up!

msalgarynn MissCaratStan 21 days ago

WHAT?!?!?! SAMUEL IS THE PUNCH IN 1PUNCH? How come i never heard of it?!?!?! Thanks for the info

MissCaratStan msalgarynn 21 days ago

XD npnp ( he also did a collar with silento, the whip/naenae dude)

babynoir msalgarynn 21 days ago

He was my fave too! But, Im going to support every path he choose. He already gave up singing, so to see him on stage would be almost impossible.

babynoir MissCaratStan 21 days ago

Yao MIngming is currently a boy band group member Acemax-BLK. He pursue his acting career too?! Whoa I never know.

ELF_L 22 days ago

Hope it to be succeas for the boys, many of them have gone through so much just to get some recognition/debuting.

lattegirl 22 days ago

At least they are learning from their lessons with the abrupt ending of of IOI. However, it's still terrible to tear a group apart after building such a large fan base.

BakaKaori 23 days ago

I really don't think this group will be as big as IOI, but I may be wrong. While I can see lengthening the promotion time to 18 months, I think it's way too soon to be considering a world tour when they don't know how well the group will do

hyungergames 23 days ago

Though it is unfair, it does make sense that since IOI got such overwhelmingly unexpected popularity, they wanted to have to group that lasted longer so the companies would receive even more attention/money. I don't really know how I feel about this?

omelas