Variety

Why does DIA's Jung Chae Yeon often drink alone?

By jennywill   26 days ago   39,715   3,573   26
dia,jung-chae-yeon

Jung Chae Yeon revealed she often drinks alone.

Girls who just turn 20 - aka the legal age to drink - joined tvN's 'Bar of Life' to drink with the MCs. DIA's Jung Chae Yeon, Cosmic Girls' Cheng Xiao, LABOUM's Solbin, and actress Seo Jin Ae all came to enjoy a drink.

SEE ALSO: 'K-Pop Star 2's Lee Joo Eun and another trainee to join girl group DIA?

During the show, Jung Chae Yeon revealed that she enjoyed drinking alone and explained, "I didn't originally like drinking alone, but the DIA members don't like alcohol. I'm curious about it, so I started liking it. My tolerance is about a bottle and a half of soju."

The episode will air on March 2 KST.

1. DIA
  2. Jung Chae Yeon

KyuHyung19 25 days ago

Because she didn't invite me to join her? Hellooo~

booitsjwu 26 days ago

I really dislike how Korea has this culture where drinking large amounts of alcohol is encouraged. There's not much harm in small amounts of alcohol but regular consumption of large quantities of alcohol can cause lapses in judgement (look at all of the DUIs) and serious health problems down the road.

intricate booitsjwu 25 days ago

alcohol = drugs

Rosevox 26 days ago

This is what I have found curious about certain people. For me it's not about the drinking but more about hanging out with your friends or family and generally having a good time. Drinking is just a part of that to "let loose". I don't hate the taste of alcohol but neither do I enjoy it. But then there are people like her who drink alcohol because it actually tastes good for them. And they can just drink alone normally which I would never ever do. That's just me but I think no one should ever drink alone. If you need someone to drink with Chaeyeon, just give me a call *wink* *wink*.

Exo_Leia 26 days ago

It's so weird hearing they drink because I think they're so much younger than they are xD

seochulgoo 26 days ago

Obviously because she wants to drink. You don't need to be accompanied to drink lol

KirbyX 26 days ago

She would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.  I try so hard to make it into comments of the week. :(

nonononoooooo 26 days ago

cheng xiao isn't even 20 (korean age) yet tho. she's a 98-liner? i kno solbin and chaeyeon are 97-liners tho.

kristioppa nonononoooooo 26 days ago

korean age is different. depending when you were born, you add on another year and sometimes another two years.

nonononoooooo kristioppa 26 days ago

oh but chengxiao is july 1998

Asucchan91 nonononoooooo 26 days ago

but depending if she's born early in 1998, she might be already 20 in S.Korea

nonononoooooo Asucchan91 26 days ago

is july early 1998?

ky9999 nonononoooooo 26 days ago

in china you are considered adult at 18

nonononoooooo ky9999 26 days ago

i kno lol but like the article says, legal drinking age in korea is 20.....

pink_oracle nonononoooooo 26 days ago

But she can still participate in a discussion about drinking because when she visits home she's able to drink all she likes. Also, in China the legal drinking age is more of a suggestion than a strictly enforced law. lol

HwiBaram nonononoooooo 26 days ago

In Korea, your age changes not according to your birthday but the new year. So if you're born on December 31st, the very next day you're 2 in Korean age.

eager_beaver 26 days ago

So cool how Koreans always measure their alcohol tolerance in bottles of Soju.

Sippo eager_beaver 26 days ago

Because beer is weatern beverage (nationality pride) and makgeolli is traditional beverage (modren pride) #justkidding

filosophy 26 days ago

Lmao me right now:

taichou_san filosophy 26 days ago

LOL haha

hashtagged 26 days ago

i don't like alcohol either and don't see the appeal of it... sometimes I think people like to drink for the sake of getting drunk since alcohol smells and tastes like shit. So I understand the fellow DIA members

taichou_san hashtagged 26 days ago

some of my friends when i ask why they drink mostly said its the best time to relieve the stress and forget about the problem they had..

eager_beaver hashtagged 26 days ago

The upside with your situation is that you will probably never become an alcoholic. That's good. In my country 20 % of adults drink so much that they are considered alcoholics. That puts a huge strain on the economy.

unscrewedhorses hashtagged 26 days ago

That's why when I drink, I drink the fruity girly pretty drinks lol. You can hardly taste any alcohol. No way I could drink straight soju. O_O But yes, lots of people definitely just drink to get drunk, and I'll admit, it makes going out dancing a lot more fun lol.

SaVanityVan hashtagged 26 days ago

Cocktails are good tho, and wine coolers, and other fruity drinks - you can hardly taste the alcohol. Straight alcohol is pretty nasty, other than tequila and certain kinds of whisky and rum, but they get you all giggly and relaxed - that's why I drink lol that and I have to get blackout drunk to get hungover.

name