Gossip

Netizens discuss what if actress Gong Seung Yeon had debuted as a part of Red Velvet

By beansss   24 days ago   114,893   9,470   55
red-velvet,gong-seung-yeon

What if actress Gong Seung Yeon had debuted as a part of Red Velvet? Netizens discussed this topic recently on an online community, along with sharing photos of the actress during her SM trainee days.

SEE ALSO: Red Velvet drop audio teaser of 'Would U' for the first release on 'SM Station' season 2

It's long since been revealed to the public that before debuting as an actress, Gong Seung Yeon spent time as an SM trainee, preparing to debut with Red Velvet. She was cast during her elementary school gayageum competition, and also made an appearance in drama 'I Love Italy', an SM production, during her trainee days.

So if Gong Seung Yeon had really been a part of Red Velvet, what role would she have had? Some netizens thought, "She would have been the visual/center", "I'm sad Gong Seung Yeon didn't debut as an idol, she can dance and sing.." while others opinionated, "Gong Seung Yeon is too pretty to be an idol... Her aura itself is more of an actress. When I think about her going 'rookie rookie', I think she did a good job leaving SM", "Even if she stayed in SM, she would have just been an actress, not an idol. Go Ara and Lee Yeon Hee were trainees for Girls' Generation but they became actresses", and so on.

Others said, "She doesn't really fit with Red Velvet", "She's so tall, she wouldn't have been good with Red Velvet", "Gong Seung Yeon is pretty too but I think Irene being the visual/center in Red Velvet is better for their concept right now? She's also charismatic and a good leader", etc.

Netizens also discussed the possibility that if Gong Seung Yeon had debuted with Red Velvet, she would be rivals with her younger sister TWICE's Jungyeon

"TWICE is Red Velvet's top rival.. if her younger sister is in [TWICE] and she's in Red Velvet it could have been kind of awkwardly fun keke", "It could have been uncomfortable for Gong Seung Yeon and Jungyeon, since the two groups aren't in different generations or anything like that...", said netizens about the sibling topic.

What are you thoughts on the ongoing discussion?

1. Red Velvet
  2. Gong Seung Yeon

liviekate 23 days ago

her dancing was a bit awkward to me tbh. and her singing isn't anything to write home about, i think its one of those "one that got away" moments. i think she suits acting more and she enjoys it. if she was in rv, she would've held the yoona/sulli position of acting-dol with top beauty

nonononoooooo liviekate 17 days ago

her acting is rly good u should watch my shy boss!!

liviekate nonononoooooo 17 days ago

i know!! im glad she went into acting because she's great at it

liviekate 23 days ago

she wasn't passionate about it after awhile

chanyeolisbae867 24 days ago

Wait is that Kai? WOW, I'm shook.

RGreene 24 days ago

Visually, her face fits right in with them. She looks likea hybrid of all the members, especially Yeri and Irene

Jacqck 24 days ago

this is off topic a little but i never knew Go Ara was a trainee for SNSD . O_O

zovuto (Banned) 24 days ago

This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

NadiasRV 24 days ago

Gong Seung Yeon would've given RV what they don't have..... talent and loveliness. But I'm glad she didn't debut under that untalented and plastic agency SM.

ShayMin 24 days ago

I can't imagine her in the group. I'm not sure how she'd fit in

Haneefah 24 days ago

wow.. well idk.. I cant imagine how it'd be since Im so used to the current members.. but, she's an actress now so lets leave at that. I dont really know her but I hear she acts great so Im going to check some of her drama's out. ♥

deliriouskai 24 days ago

OMG nini lol. And I thought Seungyeon couldn't sing too well (WGM)

omelas