Variety

Hani says her mother gave her a time limit on succeeding as a singer

By jennywill   19 days ago   64,121   6,363   31
EXID,Hani

Hani revealed the deadline her mother gave her to succeed.

She was a guest on the 5th's episode of 'Flower Road', where she said, "I'm proud that I've become a daughter that my parents can be proud of. My real name is Hee Yeon, but my dad calls me 'Hani' if we go to restaurants because he wants to boast about me. Before, no one recognized me even when I was a celebrity, and I felt sorry because I was working but without any results."

SEE ALSO: CNBLUE talk about their comeback and 7th album in an exclusive interview

She then revealed, "My parents originally were really against [my becoming a singer]. My mom gave me a limit of 3 years, and I promised that if I didn't have any success in 3 years, I would stop. But we saw success right before the 3 years were up. My mom said, 'I admit it; I was wrong'. I got chills then. I was so happy. I wanted my mother to acknowledge me the most."

1. EXID
  2. Hani
  3. flower road

intricate 18 days ago

i can';t imagine the relief she must've felt when she realized that pharkil fancam would be their big break.

lume90 18 days ago

Some people like Hani achieve their dreams. Her mom seems strict btw...sounds like my dad.

shubhajan 18 days ago

aww how cute!

manupecks 18 days ago

What I like about Hani is that she's a sexy beast on stage, but she's a dorky sweetheart off stage!

Exo_Leia 18 days ago

I'm glad that she approves now, the worst feeling is when you don't have your parents backing :/

Jadewashere64 18 days ago

aww :)

sunbaeUmf 19 days ago

its cute how her father boasted about hani ahahaha

LordLiar18 19 days ago

I guess it was a challenge and she managed to do well in 3 years!! I'm so happy for her and her mom even admits she was wrong, it's touching! :)

girl_group_lover 19 days ago

I like how the mom gave her own daughter a limit as if contracts don't exist...

ilikekpop girl_group_lover 19 days ago

Not like they can't be broken either...

always_a_leggo 19 days ago