Gong Yoo's character doll from 'Goblin' sets record sales in Korea and overseas!

By beansss   18 days ago   120,936   16,300   46
gong-yoo

Adorable character doll 'Boglegel', also known as 'Maemil-Goon' from the drama 'Goblin', has set record sales both in Korea and overseas!

The 'Boglegel' character was modeled after Gong Yoo's character Kim Shin in 'Goblin', a project the drama's production company Hwa and Dam Pictures carried out in conjunction with doll company Bonicrew. The doll was often seen in Kim Go Eun's possession in the drama.

According to Bonicrew, the 'Boglegel' doll recently maxed out on its 5th series as well as over 600,000 dolls being distributed through claw machines nationwide. In addition, overseas orders from China, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, North America, and more have become backed up due to overwhelming domestic and foreign order quantities.

SEE ALSO: Gong Yoo illustrates his simple lifestyle on Jeju Island for 'Marie Claire'

To answer to the unwavering love and affection toward 'Goblin', Bonicrew will be opening up pop-up stores in Seoul with not only original favorites like 'Boglegel' and his friends and the '2S candle', but also limited edition goods including bath accessories and jewelry.

Don't you want your very own 'Boglegel'?

1. Gong Yoo
    2. boglegel
    3. goblin

melon 16 days ago

I have 1 big one and 2 sets of small ones hahahah! bought them directly from their website too. it's soooooooooooooooo cute!! get it guys!

LordLiar18 17 days ago

Haha, everything in Goblin would sell well!! ;)

_infirestae 17 days ago

its cute!!!

boicemusic94 17 days ago

omgsh they're so cutee!, I really want one! <3

Jaraiya_Ero 17 days ago

Damn that's cute!!

Jadewashere64 18 days ago

they're so cute

hiroonakamura 18 days ago

people are such sheep. not just here about the goblin character but all over the world, for so many years. Something becomes popular and people will start caring so much about it and buy whatever merchandise is attached to it. But if it wasnt popular, they wouldnt care at all.

pink_oracle hiroonakamura 17 days ago

Wow, you're so cool and indie.

Nutelladela hiroonakamura 17 days ago

ok edgelord, tell us more about your higher intelligence while the rest of us enjoy life

ILeeJoonKi pink_oracle 17 days ago

Sorry but can I know what indie means??

hiroonakamura Nutelladela 17 days ago

i dont think you know what being an edgelord really means. what part of my comment did you find nihilistic?

hiroonakamura pink_oracle 17 days ago

thanks. it wasnt my intention.

Jaraiya_Ero hiroonakamura 17 days ago

You do understand the concept of 'sarcasm' right!!

pink_oracle ILeeJoonKi 17 days ago

Short for Independent. When applied to music or film it would imply the art is from a small, non commercial company. Some people like to sound intelligent and superior by stating that they never listen to commercialized music and will only listen to struggling indie bands.

hiroonakamura Jaraiya_Ero 17 days ago

lol, but using the wrong word (edgelord) had nothing to do with being sarcastic i think?

yulyuli 18 days ago

Not to be a wet blanket but isn’t capitalizing a drama going a bit too extra? There are tons of great dramas, better than Goblin (Misaeng, Punch to name a few) but they don’t capitalize them like that... I guess you gotta get that money..

crystalCassie91 yulyuli 18 days ago

Yes you've become a wet blanket...

themightymoron yulyuli 18 days ago

goblin was a cinematography masterpiece for a weekly drama. some people understand that and appreciates it for what it is, some just simply thought gong yoo looked beautiful. i guess that's what happens when you put good creation to general mass, people from different background, different point of view. all they know is the doll reminds them of gong yoo.

MidnightKpop yulyuli 18 days ago

I want to shoot down your opinion because I thought Goblin is cream de la cream. It feels like an life altering experience watching it. Alas I have yet to see the two dramas you mention though. I'll have to check Misaeng now that you mentioned it.

yulyuli MidnightKpop 18 days ago

Definitely do try Misaeng, it might not be everyones cup of tea but it was so realistic and touching. Goblin’s cinematography was breathtaking, but I can’t come up with other merits than that, even when I loved the actors/actresses there...

yulyuli themightymoron 18 days ago

I agree that the cinematography was mesmerizing, and the actors did a good job too. [spoiler alert] But the plot was nothing special and the ending was too underwhelming with the reincanation-romance thing. Idk maybe Goblin didn’t suit my taste, so I can’t understand why it’s merchandise is selling like hotcakes...

Jaraiya_Ero yulyuli 17 days ago

You do realise that this is common in the West (Star Wars franchise), nothing new and everywhere you see companies do the same...

teleri MidnightKpop 17 days ago

Misaeng IS excellent - but that doesn't mean Goblin wasn't very good! & this is a very cute doll. Some of you people just need to get over yourselves.

themightymoron yulyuli 17 days ago

yeah, the plot was just so-so, well, i guess since it's for general mass, they adjust the complexity of the story. i was gonna write what you said but my comment is already long enough, i decided not to.

yulyuli Jaraiya_Ero 17 days ago

I know that, thanks. But at least these Star Wars, LotR, Harry Potter franchises have a huge cult following and their stories will live on for generations.. not too sure about Goblin, it was just another drama albeit with a humongous budget and picturesque cinematography. It didn’t even have the similar impact as My Love From the Stars or even Descendants of the Sun, I could be wrong though since I was never into Goblin the way I was into the other aforementioned dramas :/

way0leto 18 days ago

I got 2 memil gun! I bought it on my own.. and... the other one.. my friend give me.. ;) i got  grim reaper as well!! :p

MikaylaPark 18 days ago

Why do I feel like I am the only one that failed in watching/enjoying Goblin? :( I dropped it after episode 6... but the doll is cute haha

j_m_rome MikaylaPark 18 days ago

You're not the only one! I don't get what is interesting about the drama either. I watched all the episodes but somehow I just didn't enjoy the storyline and ended up skipping to the parts of Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na T.T

gchoneybllushhh MikaylaPark 18 days ago

oh my, i stopped at ep 6 too >.< i might try to pick it up again

mrgrds MikaylaPark 18 days ago

It wasn't that good............. I thought it was mediocre, I didn't think it had a great ending as well.

hiroonakamura MikaylaPark 18 days ago

it was popular, hence why it got more popular. Most people tend to watch something that's popular just to be in on it too.

MidnightKpop MikaylaPark 18 days ago

Different stroke for different folks but not surprised you feel alone because overwhelming amount of people loved it.

MikaylaPark j_m_rome 17 days ago

Glad I'm not the only one guys! I love both lead actors and have seen them in other dramas/movies. I just didn't like the storyline but they did well portraying their characters. Loveee y'all :)

teleri hiroonakamura 17 days ago

A LOT of people loved this drama. It was beautifully filmed, had great acting, adorable scenarios, a strong logical understandable storyline and Gong Yoo..... Many, many people liked this drama because they ENJOYED it - no matter what other people thought.

hiroonakamura teleri 17 days ago

thing is that it gained more viewers as it wore on. All these new viewers didnt even watch the show before so they didnt know the show was beautifully filmed and so on. They started watching because of the hype

teleri hiroonakamura 16 days ago

You are pushing a failed hypothesis. If you didn't like the drama so be it. Do NOT insult those who did.

hiroonakamura teleri 13 days ago

lol, when did i insult people who liked the drama? at least read what i wrote before you reply please. what a weird reply from you tbf

teleri hiroonakamura 12 days ago

You flat-out say that most of us who loved this drama were just jumping on a popularity bandwagon, honey. That's insulting.

hiroonakamura teleri 11 days ago

nope, that's is not what i said. I said that most people tend to want to watch things that are popular. It has been the case with mankind for a long time. We like to be "in" on whatever is the IT item. When the show began, it's ratings were like 3 times as small as when it ended. As such, most viewers started watching the show after the hype had begun and as such they had already missed a few episodes when they started watching the show. Would they have begun watching the show had it not been hyped or famed or gotten bigger and bigger ratings? Most likely not - just like they didnt watch the show in the beginning

teleri hiroonakamura 10 days ago

It's an accurate paraphrase of what you said. Hype doesn't make lasting fans of something, BTW, unless it is good enough to keep one's interest. Publicity can bring attention to a group, a show, etc, but only real talent or something else of interest to the audience can KEEP that attention. And of course every entertainment company does their flat-out best to hype ALL their groups/shows/whatever. In this case, publicity on the part of the drama company & broadcaster, plus word of mouth, brought increasing numbers of people to watch this show - and the real quality of said show KEPT them WATCHING. You fail to take that into account.

hiroonakamura teleri 10 days ago

it really isnt an accurate paraphrase though, considering that I am trying to tell you that that was NOT what i meant. if you still insist on praphrasing it that way and misunderstand me - then go ahead.

teleri hiroonakamura 9 days ago

You may not have meant it that way but it's how it sounds. You then went on to explain yourself which is fine. Paraphrasing simply condenses down what the actual words say, not what's in the writer's mind. You said "Most people tend to watch something that's popular just to be in on it too". THIS is the comment that I found insulting. Not your later explanations, which have some validity (although as I pointed out in my ignored by you comment, unless the show is GOOD those people will leave quickly).

fight