Variety

G-Friend's Umji talks about her first drink

By elliefilet   25 days ago   27,908   2,818   35
g-friend,umji

G-Friend's Umji opened up about having her first ever alcoholic drink.

SEE ALSO: G-Friend's manager upsets fans due to his physical contact with members

Umji turned 20 years old this year, which is the legal drinking age in South Korea. During filming for the upcoming episode of 'Immortal Song', G-Friend revealed, "This year, SinB and Umji turned 20, so all the members are now adults. As soon as it was January 1, we went to a drinking party with the company family."

Umji expressed, "I'm not sure if it's because I was thirsty after a broadcast, but it was refreshing."

Stay tuned for G-Friend's performance on 'Immortal Song' on April 1 at 6PM KST.

1. G-Friend (Girlfriend)
  2. Umji
  3. Immortal Song

Sayjay13 25 days ago

She's so beautiful!

sonelflee 25 days ago

"It was refreshing" Hahahah, What?! XDD

hellogrey 25 days ago

Brace yourself Umji-yah.... I still see you as a baby..

IGOTBUDDIES 25 days ago

Seriously AKP is so hateful. They just keep posting about the same kind of topic when it comes to Gfriend as if there's nothing else to write about. I still can't believe they didn't even post about GF debuting #3 on the Billboard's world album chart!!! UGH

northstars IGOTBUDDIES 25 days ago

Maybe they want to show her how foolish she looks promoting alcohol when she is still too young to be drinking and hopefully she will stop.

ehehehehehe northstars 25 days ago

19 is too early to drink? in my country 18 is legal. some other countries start younger. anyway it's not like she was "promoting alcohol" lol... she was probably just answering questions on the show but oh well, haters gonna hate regardless of what answer she gives.

sonelflee northstars 25 days ago

They are old enough to drink, and when ever someone is old enough...they have the right to talk and drink alcohol. Also Koreans love drinking so promoting alcohol isn't a thing. Its either you learn about the Korean culture or you leave.

IGOTBUDDIES northstars 24 days ago

again... WHICH PART was she promoting alcohol?? like.. how old are you? do you even understand anything?

IGOTBUDDIES northstars 24 days ago

plus, every korean starts drinking at that age. So.. i guess from ur perspective every korean her age is foolish. sheesh. stop writing like this, u make ur self seem like a fool

Gfriend_Umji_Luv northstars 21 days ago

She is 20 in Korea and that is the legal drinking age over there >_>

Sicalickalicka 25 days ago

as long as you dont drink then drive your vehicle past red light onto a motorcyclist and then go hiding trying to detox yourself in secret

northstars 25 days ago

So sad that she is promoting alcohol.I thought she was a intelligent young woman but she is not.

IGOTBUDDIES northstars 25 days ago

which part was she 'promoting' it? since all gfriend members have become adults, almost all interviews they have, they keep getting questions about alcohol. & it's pissing me off. They've talked about more important things THAN this.. but all AKP does is post articles about them answering questions about drinking!

IGOTBUDDIES northstars 25 days ago

u'd know what kind of intelligent person umji is if u knew her but u don't.

Wang_Sejung (Banned) 25 days ago

what shame ! She is not talking  about the first time she went to college, the fist time she ranked high in mathematics in her class, the first time she won an award, or the first time she earned money by her own work and she offered a gift to her parents !!! BUT THE FIRST TIME SHE DRIUNK !!!!, Is it a merit to drink alcohol? is it an honor to be an alcoholic? If it's the case,  Baekhyeon the gigolo alcoholic must win the Nobel prizes !

ohbunnies  Wang_Sejung (Banned) 25 days ago

drinking in korea is very important

Wang_Sejung (Banned) ohbunnies 25 days ago

Oh no dong saeng ! It seems you don't know my country and it's traditions ? Going to the best university and finding a good job is very important in Korea. It's why I did my best to study hard in order to be able to study in prestigious Seoul national university.

IGOTBUDDIES  Wang_Sejung (Banned) 25 days ago

Since all gfriend members have become adults, almost all interviews they have, they keep getting questions about alcohol. & it's pissing me off. They've talked about more important things THAN this.. but all AKP does is post articles about them answering questions about drinking! & it's not a surprise since akp has been hating on em lately. Keep trying to make them look bad. Of course drinking isn't an honourable thing.. but that's a question u should ask the AKP writers. WHY post these kinds of articles when there are so many other things to write about. They didn't even post an article about gfriend debuting #3 on the Billboard's world album charts! ugh..

ehehehehehe  Wang_Sejung (Banned) 25 days ago

"it's traditions" ---> correction: its. You're welcome. I hope you did well in SNU but it seems not the case. I think you would have better luck in the trolling faculty.

Rillu  Wang_Sejung (Banned) 24 days ago

Going to the best university and finding a good job is very important in Korea? I think that applies to every country out there.

RedVelutionary ehehehehehe 23 days ago

LOL I just found like 5 more mistakes in his/her comment

Wang_Sejung (Banned) RedVelutionary 23 days ago

You are very clever oppa or unni. Are you studying in Seoul national university ?

Iammultifandomed  Wang_Sejung (Banned) 23 days ago

Lol idols already have to deal with hate like yours, so they really don't have time for university unless they make time by not sleeping and studying. Because you're not an idol, going to university might be very helpful for your life. These girls are idols and they get money from the hard work they did to get this place. I'm also korean and the mcs tend to ask many questions about alcohol once a person passes the legal age. Also in Korea, drinking alcohol is actually important because many of the after dinners include drinking alcohol

Wang_Sejung (Banned) Iammultifandomed 23 days ago

So kiddo with 12 years old, you are hurry to reach the age of 12 and start to drink alcohol ? it's the only interest in your life ? I bet your idol is Baekyeon ?

Iammultifandomed  Wang_Sejung (Banned) 21 days ago

Lol my family is religious and we're sensitive with things that include smoking, drinking, etc. So my parents never drank soju and they never will, and I'm not going to too. Baekyeon is Baekhyun and Taeyeon's ship name btw, so yeah fix your dumbass english before acting up all confident when you're just a pathetic loser

Rillu  Wang_Sejung (Banned) 21 days ago

Are you really in a national university? There's a lot of mistake in your comments and I'm younger than you if you really are in a national university. With your English and the way you see everything, I doubt that you could even get into a college. And come on, who in a university would type out unnie/oppa/donsaeng in an English sentences even if you're a Korean, normally a mature person wouldn't do that because that is cringy as fuck.

RedVelutionary  Wang_Sejung (Banned) 20 days ago

No. I'm too young, but I can still find mistakes in your writing despite the fact that I'm younger than you.

RedVelutionary 20 days ago

OK, I'm going to drop this. The point is DON'T HATE PLEASE! Thx :) LOL (Sorry I get so defensive when it comes to idols) :)

Wang_delulu_D  Wang_Sejung (Banned) 20 days ago

Guys please pray for me #prayforwang_delulu. I need exorcism, my body is getting taken over. :(

Wang_delulu_D  Wang_Sejung (Banned) 19 days ago

RIP delulu Wang_Sejung, ladies ang gentlemen the exorcism was successful ! #wangypurged

Wang_delulu_D  Wang_Sejung (Banned) 11 days ago

Ugly AF wanker, look at this selfie of yours!!! THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL VERY BEAUTIFUL??? Ugly wanker fighting!!!

Juanlag 25 days ago

She turned 20 in korean age, she's 18 in international age, the legal drinking age in south korea is the same as everywhere.

Gfriend_Umji_Luv Juanlag 21 days ago

actually, the legal drinking age in America is 21 :) but I get what you're talking about

lvpool86 (Banned) 25 days ago

This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

Juanlag  lvpool86 (Banned) 25 days ago

She doesn't have driving license, don't worry. ;)

The End