Variety

DIA's Jung Chae Yeon reveals she gets weight checks by her label CEO

By jennywill   21 days ago   50,559   2,861   45
dia,jung-chae-yeon

DIA's Jung Chae Yeon talked about dieting.

She's one of the MCs on FashionN's 'Follow Me 8', and she revealed the contents of her bag on the March 9 episode. The other MCs opened her planner and laughed at how she had a lottery ticket. She confessed shyly, "It's my first time buying one. I haven't checked it yet, so I don't even know if I won or not."

SEE ALSO: 'K-Pop Star 2's Lee Joo Eun and another trainee to join girl group DIA?

While Seo Ji Hye was reading her planner, she found that Jung Chae Yeon had marked one of the days 'Weight check day by CEO'. Koo Jae Yi expressed her surprise and said, "Do you have a standard you have to keep for your weight?". Jung Chae Yeon answered, "There is, and I get scolded if I pass that limit. If he tells me, 'Lose weight', I reply immediately, 'I will'.

Her revelation shocked the MCs, with how strict the weight control was. What do you think of her label's system?

1. DIA
  2. Jung Chae Yeon
  3. follow me 8

RimmieMeli 20 days ago

So extra

dahyessi 20 days ago

I can't help but feel that this is really wrong

loh 20 days ago

Her CEO is lowkey (but HIGHKEY) obsessed with her

cmerle1 20 days ago

I'm not sure why the CEO would be the one who did this, I thought the manager took care of this? I know that this is a standard company practice (all companies). Also the OMG JinE anorexia story may have brought it to a new level.This is not a standard policy in the US. Karen Carpenter died from complications of anorexia many years ago and anorexia was not common then so we had no way of knowing just how bad her condition became. So maybe companies are going overboard with their weight control policies now, who knows.

borabora_97 20 days ago

terrible. no wonder she says strange things, she's probably dizzy with hunger.

krell 20 days ago

For Females in particular, K-pop is a VISUAL business mostly. Even AILEE, who has a fairly amazing 'power vocal' skill, tries to 'slenderize' physically as best that she can do it. I think that (controversy) it is more about *what* the 'weight goal' is, and how *fast* that you are supposed to try to attain it. And what 'punishment' might be involved to *not* attain the weight goal. I am always a bit surprised that *anyone* who is a K-pop Fan is 'surprised' that VISUAL aspects are *very* important for *all* K-pop Idols.

biebersourpatch 20 days ago

I don't really understand the weight limit... everyone has different biology and to expect to follow a statistical or arbitrary value is actually detrimental to health and even to that person's aesthetic features...

SunLightWorld 20 days ago

Did her CEO lift her personally?

SunLightWorld 20 days ago

AYMKPOP3ER 20 days ago

I seriously wanna punch her CEO in the face. You're telling her to lose more weight??? She had nothing to lose in the first place! I don't get why music industries especially kpop practice starving their idols to death thinking it'll be ok and not harm them. It has to stop, like immediately and permanently! Do research and come up with better ways of providing healthy diet plans for your idols if you want them to maintain a good figure, or contact/hire a nutritionist.

NORM AYMKPOP3ER 20 days ago

I'm not really sure about this tho, cos last time she said the CEO made her GAIN weight cos she was underweight :/

Happypeoo NORM 19 days ago

Not because he was worried its because she didn't look good being so skinny

unscrewedhorses 20 days ago

I'm guessing the majority of idols have their weight monitored similarly.

fight