Variety

BTS members share their opinions on the group's name on 'Idol Party'

By KpopJoA   16 days ago   54,997   10,649   17

BTS made a guest appearance on 'Idol Party' on March 7, where MC Kim Jun Ho asked, "What does BTS mean?"

Member j-hope responded, "I explained it many times when we first debuted. It conveys a rather deep meaning with the idea of protecting music from all the oppression and division flying toward us, like 10-20 bullets."

MC Kim Shin Young followed up with a question, "Who came up with the name?" The boys replied, "Our CEO."  She then went on, "How did you feel when you first heard that name?" Jimin commented, "The name will probably change?" causing the audience to laugh.

Hearing this, MC Leeteuk jumped in, "I know that feeling. I also didn't like the name 'Super Junior.' Eunhyuk and I had a different name in mind. Our team was called 'Prince' and our fanclub, 'Princess.'"

You can also watch BTS perform "Spring Day" on the show above!

1. Leeteuk
  2. (Bangtan Boys) BTS
  3. Jimin
  4. j-hope
  5. Kim Shin Young
  6. Kim Jun Ho
  7. idol party

li_xiao_yan 15 days ago

LOL. Video clip is RapMon explaining the concept for Spring Day and then the hosts make a joke about the title, and Suga replies "But it's still Mar-- er February." And they don't think his serious answer is funny. Then they ask to see a bit of the dance. ... Love how AKP has clips that don't show the content that they say they contain.

Jadewashere64 16 days ago

I think prince sounds cool (especially with the fanname) albeit a bit corny. lol (Tho it is kpop so.. ^^ lol)

HatersBckOff 16 days ago

kekeke.

clarissaxd 16 days ago

omg idol party was the best leave it to bts to make my day

Yoruni 16 days ago

i'm just glad jungkook didn't debut as young gun

shakennotstirred Yoruni 16 days ago

or seagull

ELF_L 16 days ago

Prince and princess ?? I'm glad that's not happen lmao......At this point, I already knew the answer without reading the articles when people ask the name BTS/seventeen/NCT, maybe people will keep asking this until their 20th annivessary ^^

acargar 16 days ago

...and that name actually change my whole entire way of living. Love them lots!

kimmiefonze 16 days ago

Shut up Teukkie! You also don't like Sorry Sorry and look where that goddamn song took SuJu! LOL! Sooo... Bangtan is not an actual place in Korea then? I honestly thought they are boys who came from a town called Bangtan!

xoxo_shawol94 kimmiefonze 16 days ago

hahahahahaha srsly

Bugspray kimmiefonze 16 days ago

Lmao. My friend told me that too! That Bangtan is a little town in Korea and the boys are from that area thus they named themselves the Bangtan Boys. XD. Liar. I think the name Bangtan alone is a good enough name. Bangtan Sonyeodan is just too long for my foreign tongue. Lol. And I honestly like their name. It's meaningful, not cheesy and it's manly. =) Just right.

Kathy_Pfft 16 days ago

I feel like Jhope is so done with having to explain the meaning, haha!

kimmiefonze Kathy_Pfft 16 days ago

He'll have to explain this until their tenth anniversary!

xoxo_shawol94 kimmiefonze 16 days ago

make that 20th anniversary

lolita0309 16 days ago

Prince and Princess wouldve been very sweet, tbh. But ELF is already the sweetest fandom name so i wont complain 🙂

freysan lolita0309 16 days ago

that was also my first reaction, Prince & Princess is a sweet combination but then I thought of the possible fanboys and suddenly I'm glad they settled with ELF.. XD

omelas