Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Zion.T responds to criticism about the lyrics of 'Complex' seemingly dissing idols

By yckim124   24 days ago   61,143   3,923   90
ziont

"I wish I was an idol. The good dancer, the handsome guy.

All I would have to do is write love songs.

If I can't sing then I can just take off my clothes."

Above is the translated lyrics to Zion.T's new track "Complex" featuring G-Dragon. As you can read, Zion.T sings about idols in a seemingly derogatory sense, and of course, some are criticizing him for it.

SEE ALSO: Zion.T shows a new side of him by taking off his sunglasses and revealing his bare face

In response to the criticism, Zion.T provided an explanation and emphasized that he did not intend to diss idols whatsoever. In a recent interview, Zion.T said, "Idol fans got angry at me. I made the song knowing that this could happen but it's not disparaging statements about idols at all. I don't believe that I have the right to diss those who survived the long trainee days and gained success after their debut. I just believed that I'm capable of talking about them because we're on different paths. I really did not intend to diss them so please don't get mad."

Furthermore, the lyrics to "Complex" are meant to be a back and forth diss between Zion.T and G-Dragon. Have you listened to it yet?

1. Zion.T

dsk21 19 days ago

the amount of ignorant comments here...if you believed that wasn't a diss then you clearly no nothing about the meaning of it I mean sure he can sing and many idols are just there for show((not naming names though))that doesn't mean that he can downgrade those who very much can sing and are like 10x better than him((taeyeon,hyorin,yoseob,taeyang,yuju)) he should have just said some.......

my6teenzontop 23 days ago

Let's be very serious here though. What he said isn't technically wrong when you talk about certain idols. If there's anyone who denies that there are some idols that those very lyrics can apply to, then either you haven't seen them, or you're in huge denial.

dsk21 my6teenzontop 19 days ago

I deny because those listed below are idols who can very much sing better tahn zion.t himself 1-taeyeon 2-hyorin 3-taeyang 4-yoseob 5-yuju an he's claiming it wanst a diss??LOL then what was it

dsk21 19 days ago

than*

dsk21 19 days ago

and*

my6teenzontop dsk21 19 days ago

I said there are some idols out there that his lyrics can apply to. I'm not saying that he's applying this to every single idol out there. I don't think you understood my point the first time I said it. I'm literally saying that there are some idols that debuted thanks to their looks, not their talent. Some idols out there really can't sing or rap. The most they can do is look good and dance. SOME. I'd give you a list, but I'm not trying to put anyone on blast. Just wanted you to know that the obvious ones with talent were surely not included from the start.

dsk21 my6teenzontop 3 days ago

oh well sorry cause I didn't read it carefully I thought you meant ALL of them....I know there are A LOT of idols who can't sing((dont wanna name names)) but what bothered me is that he didn't imply that it wasn't for all idols

beyondordinary 23 days ago

netz be criticising cause they put their idols up on a pedestal that's way too high.. there are much worse lyrics than this

stansvt 23 days ago

didnt intend and "i made the song this could happened" hahahaha

Sharkry 23 days ago

Like Black Nut and Jooheon did, no big deal

Lynnbia 23 days ago

Back and forth diss between GD and Zion.T . That's so smart actually , he really did work hard for this .

Erisadesu 23 days ago

I like him just the way he is

9001reasons 23 days ago

He wrote and sang it with an idol. If the idol doesn't care, then why do dumb netizens opinion's matter? It's like white people getting crazy over other races being racist to each other.

Yoon_eun 24 days ago

there is 2 ways to succes in korea, you have to be talented like write a top songs, be good at acting and variety or the other way like zion.t said show their body to get attention and popularity wich came with commercial and lead role in dramas and invitation to variety

SahanaE 24 days ago

People may be criticizing him but they're still listening to it. It's #2 on Melon.

walk