Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Variety

Red Velvet's Seulgi and Wendy debate eating whatever they want versus maintaining a nice body

By KpopJoA   21 days ago   36,608   4,883   23
wendy,seulgi

Red Velvet's Seulgi and Wendy discussed dieting on the February 6 installment of JTBC's 'Abnormal Summit.'

The girls were asked if they would rather eat whatever they want and not care much about their physique or refrain from eating such foods and maintain a nice body.

Seulgi said, "I would rather take care of my body. I also like to wear nice clothes."  Revealing spicy rice cake (tteokbokki) as her favorite dish, the singer continued, "Even though I enjoy eating spicy rice cake, I usually eat only half of my plate and carefully monitor how much I eat."

Whereas Wendy commented, "I tried so many different dieting plans. My parents told me to just eat whatever I want and just enjoy life. You're only given one life after all."  She also stated, "It's not 'I have to lose weight', it's more about 'I am pretty'," emphasizing on self-esteem and learning to love oneself so that others will accept in accordance.

1. Wendy
    2. Seulgi

Amarisakwon 20 days ago

Is it ma eyes or does seulgi look like tzuyu in this pic?

ygfanboy Amarisakwon 20 days ago

is it me or you're actually an annoying once?

Amarisakwon ygfanboy 11 days ago

Ahhhhh EXCUSE ME!!! Ur the only 1 here who's annoying. Come to think of it she actually looks like more like a RAT😂😂😂😂😂😂

ygfanboy Amarisakwon 8 days ago

see... ANNOYING

DirronDeHumen 21 days ago

Do both, eat what you want but in moderation, keep a healthy balanced diet, exercise, and keep hydrated

flamboyant_pants 21 days ago

You can actually do both. Especially at their age. You can explore and experience fine delicious cuisine and still maintain your ideal figure. It's just easier said than done. Mostly about how often you "cheat". Having a high calorie meal is not a big deal if its only once in a while. Like , if you're working out regularly, eating low calorie foods during the week, and then on friday and saturday having super tasty stuff , then its ok. Its just, when it is friday and saturday, your cheat is like a tasty dinner or lunch. I don't mean ALL DAY, like you get up and have IHOP big stack of waffles, then at lunch, two burgers, then for dinner a giant bowl of ramen. That'll set you back. But, if you have like "i don't give a #(@ meal " for dinner on friday, then again for lunch maybe on saturday, but everything else is like boring small salad, its fine.

kry5talicious 21 days ago

Awwww I really wish my babies could just enjoy food freely but it seems likethey cant since they have to maintain their figures T__T I hope they take care of themselves well.

MollyMia 21 days ago

So Wendy was saying, she's dieting not to lose weight but just to tell herself that she's pretty? Erm, this is not self love at all, girl. Or perhaps was the context changed during translation?

nami_chan 21 days ago

Aww I like wendy's answer, she is so sweet =)

SahanaE 21 days ago

Yes Wendy!

chekas1292 21 days ago

Wendy ❤❤❤❤

patrickkoda 21 days ago

I love how, even though SM most definitely has her on a restrictive diet, Wendy is still trying to give body positive messages about self love. Especially with all the criticism she received for her body. I'm glad she's still in a good mindset to say such things.

Exo_Leia 21 days ago

As an athlete I can kinda understand them. I think being happy with yourself is the best thing to do <3

not today