Kyuhyun defends his staff + clarifies what happened at the hotel

By jennywill   27 days ago   91,565   5,947   66
Super-Junior,Kyuhyun

Kyuhyun spoke up to clear some misunderstandings about the fire in Taipei.

After fans became furious at some of the staff's actions after his hotel caught on fire, he himself took to Twitter to explain things. He tweeted, "I think there's a misunderstanding with the Taiwan fire.. To keep things short, I was in my room with my manager and staff to prepare the comments for my performance, and missed the timing to evacuate. We heard that the fire had been controlled, so I chose to stay in the room over going down the stairs and breathing in the smoke that way.

SEE ALSO: Super Junior's 'Mamacita' surpasses the 50 million views milestone!

He added on, "Except the staff in my room, all the other staff evacuated following the hotel's instructions and waited outside for 3 hours.. I think I was the one at fault because I just figured there wasn't that big of a problem and kept staying in the hotel to work with the other staff. I don't want there to be problems after a good performance... Please have a good night!"

Do you think fans will be less angry now?

Tip: yukio

1. Super Junior
  2. Kyuhyun

hiroonakamura 26 days ago

lol this is embarrassing for all the fans who jumped to conclusions and also sent hate messages to the staffs who did nothing wrong it turns out

intricate 26 days ago

that';s even more ridiculous.. how can you decide for yourself that it's okay to stay in a building that's being evacuated?

pricklyash1 26 days ago

Kyuhyun is a sweetheart, everyone makes mistakes

charlie_d 26 days ago

I hope it's true!

saranghae_3 26 days ago

He should have evacuated but I'm glad he's defending this staff.

crystalCassie91 26 days ago

Guys he's not a baby nor a dog on a leash.. The staff couldn't force him out.. Plus I can only imagine what went on in that situation.. (I've been in a hotel and the fire alarm went on in the middle of the night, I decided to stay in my room too, but everyone else was panicking).. It must have been hectic and the staff -who I bet were in separate rooms probably even in different floors- hurried outside and must have been worried when they found that Kyuhyun wasn't outside.. Khyuhyun and the staff who were working with him must have been like "It's nothing let's continue work"... You can't really blame the staff who went outside, neither the staff with him.. Because it was a group decision to stay working and they felt safe (which was a bad decision), but I can understand why they chose to stay..

crystalCassie91 26 days ago

The reason I chose to stay in my room when the alarm went on was because I stayed in that hotel for 7 months, and the alarm probably went on more than 10 times during that period, and it always turns out to be a false alarm.. So I became immune to the sound.. and got used to just ignoring it..

annie007 26 days ago

I do understand the smoke perspective though, last year in my country was a really big fire in a club that caused a lot of deaths, but a lot of them weren't from burning, but from inhaling smoke. Horrifying moments. In a kinda twisted way I do understand the reckless decision.

pink_oracle 26 days ago

How do you 'miss' an evacuation? Everyone is taught when an evacuation is in place all you do is leave. You don't collect valuables, you don't call people, you just leave. This story does not improve with each new account.

yeahkpop16 27 days ago

Lesson to be learned by everyone. If there's a fire and staff and firefighters are telling you to evacuate, GET OUT OF THERE.

Sakura_Chan 27 days ago

Kyu could've still evacuated for his safety. If he don't want to smell all of that smoke, he could've got a hanky, dampen it and use it as a mask. This will lessen the fumes.

omelas