Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Social Media

Jo Kwon says he's not a drag queen, responds to haters criticizing his 'Golden Tambourine' performance

By KpopJoA   18 days ago   47,457   2,408   196
Jo-Kwon

Following his explosive performance on Mnet's 'Golden Tambourine,' Jo Kwon responded to the negative comments that called him drag queen and more via Twitter.

"I'm not dressing up as a woman for no reason and I'm not a drag queen. I'm a live performer it's who I am," wrote Jo Kwon firming stating his position.

Fans cheered him for his boldness, "Who cares what others think, Jo Kwon fighting!" "So proud of you speaking out, don't let the haters bring you down," "You are super talented!" "You are brave and respected", "I support you and I love you!!"

You tell 'em Jo Kwon!

SEE ALSO: Jo Kwon transforms into Lady Gaga on 'Golden Tambourine'

1. Jo Kwon

jypnloves 13 days ago

haters job is to hate...ignore them...

charlie_d 17 days ago

So what? Drag Queens are awesome, true artists!

Alexgp 17 days ago

Oh and sexuality has nothing to do with doing drag, not all drag queens are gay, not all gays do drag, stop living in a box people

Gallifreyan7 Alexgp 17 days ago

So true.

Alexgp 17 days ago

Thats exactly a definition for Drag Queen though, dress up for show, wth? he might not dress like a woman (that we know) in the every day but doing this and making a show afterwards its pretty drag queeny thing to do, i mean, isnt this exactly what they do on that "Ru Pauls Drag Queen Race" show?...

pink_oracle Alexgp 17 days ago

In the Western world yes. But if you say drag queen to a Korean they immediately assume that means gay. If Jo Kwon allows people to label him a drag queen it could kill his career. Sadly.

Alexgp pink_oracle 17 days ago

HE IS ONE THOUGH! since Beyonces single ladies (if not before) the guys been known more for his "im dressed like a woman and im only performing" coughdrag performancescough than his 2AM work. In the performance way he is doing drag. I do get what u mean, but dont wanna be judged on drag queen performances cause u're afraid people might think u're gay? maybe dont do drag then. But dont pretend u just put on a wig and high heels every week and shake ur ass while u sing on a stage is not drag, it is.

pink_oracle Alexgp 17 days ago

He isn't. Drag Queens perform at drag shows and typically mime the lyrics to well known songs. Jo Kwon is a professional recording artist. Who occasionally dresses in drag. He's not a drag queen. And why does it mean so much to you that he says he is? Why are you taking it so seriously?

Alexgp pink_oracle 17 days ago

Right, he is just doing the same thing just on a different stage and that makes it different..that makes no sense, but you're right, he does not need to let anyone know wether he thinks hes a drag queen or not, and i guess i am wrong for calling him off and putting him in a box of yes u do r a drag queen, what im meant to say is that hes doing a drag performance (absolublety no bad connotation intended btw) and thats all there is to it, not intended as him as a person

kpoplover308 17 days ago

It's cool if you want to dress like this and do your little dance.But you live in a pretty conservative country.And even if you lived in a western country if you keep doing this stuff people are gonna start believing it. So by like the 25th time you do stuff like this, people are gonna say and assume stuff. JYP told you to be careful years ago, and this is what's happening.Jokwon has one of my favorite voices in kpop but all of this always seems to overshadow his voice. Even his solo stuff I feel got hampered by this image and we couldn't hear his beautiful vocals.

lilywoo 17 days ago

but he is definitely gay

Gallifreyan7 lilywoo 17 days ago

Still all gay doesn't dress as women and all drag queen aren't gay.

lilywoo Gallifreyan7 17 days ago

I know about that. But his personality and the fact that he was caught in gay clubs and many other things make me think that he is gay

bangeryun94 lilywoo 17 days ago

Why does it matter?

Shiraa lilywoo 17 days ago

My student association goes to gay clubs just for fun. We have a lot of gay students, but the straight students come along as well. It's possible that he went with a gay friend of his. We don't the truth. (I mean i think he is too, but you shouldn't jump to conclusions based on him going to a specific club)

shikey lilywoo 17 days ago

gd dragon also appeared on gay bar if i'm not wrong

lilywoo bangeryun94 17 days ago

It doesn't matter, but it would be great for us, sexual minorities, if more minorities come out

lilywoo Shiraa 17 days ago

I already said that there are many other things besides that that make me think that he is gay. But I don't have the time and will to write it here

lilywoo shikey 17 days ago

G-Dragon could be gay or straight, idk, he is not the main point here

MrDapper 17 days ago

If Korea was more liberal, I'd bet money that he'd come out of the closet. There's nothing wrong with it though. If he says he's what he is then I'll go by his word.

daydreamer 17 days ago

Honestly, I love it when he performs in high heels or dressed as a woman, purely because I think he looks the most confident when he does that (no offense ofc). He's breaking all the Korean standards of how men and woman should be by just boldly performing the way he wants to and he's slaying it, always. Jo Kwon is such a talented human being, and seeing him able to perform with such confidence makes me respect and admire him even more.

shinyjonginnie 17 days ago

this is why I love Jo Kwon so much

federick 18 days ago

He's a gay only.  Stop calling him a drag queen.

not today