Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Hong Suk Chun shares about suffering from bullying and sexual harassment for being different

By yckim124   25 days ago   29,568   1,297   174
hong-suk-chun

Hong Suk Chun talked about life as a gay man on the February 1 episode of 'As You Say'.

He opened up about his past and revealed, "I was different since I was young so I was bullied. I was physically and even sexually harassed in middle school by those toughest kids."

He continued, "It was personally really hard. I was good in school but my grades kept on dropping. It looked like I was living a normal life but I was nothing more than an empty shell. I worried a lot to overcome the nightmare and one day, I came to think that I need to forgive those friends first. Now, they have changed back and now are my friends."

1. Hong Suk Chun
    2. as you say

thestarsinthesky 24 days ago

What does this guy do in the kpop industry? i only ever see him mentioned along with his sexuality and the shit he's had from it.

Blue82 thestarsinthesky 24 days ago

That's because his career was all but destroyed. He opened a successful restaurant and has kept in close contact with friends and former co-workers who support and accept him as he is. He is extremely well connected thanks to the popularity of his restaurant and his close friends still wanting him to be on shows with them. He's guested on a lot of shows.

bangeryun94 thestarsinthesky 24 days ago

He's also an actor.

Nadjeortez 24 days ago

Honestly, we all get bullied some more than others. Rather than whinning about it he is making a point that there is a tomorrow . And being that Korea has super high suicide rates and their culture pretty much embraces suicide no matter his sexuality he is saying there is a tomorrow.

smokeee 24 days ago

lmao this could be the most downvotes i've ever had.  i'd like to thank all of the low IQ's and the little people i've stepped on to reach this pinnacle of infamy.

smokeee 24 days ago

thx everybody!!! please dont forget to downvote me as u read all my posts that u cant argue!! it means a lot!!!

Mystica 24 days ago

This has become a fashion for some LBGT people, I am not against them (I have friends like them) but I think they are really over reacting or try to tell their stories over and over to gain some fame (just like sukchun- I have heard his stories on k-show so many times).

teenjandkpopfan Mystica 24 days ago

Bullshit! People loose the jobs and fame by being LGBT in korea and most other countries. People are telling their stories, cause most people are still afraid to come out, and by having someone openly talk about an issue like that, helps people.

SugaBomb Mystica 24 days ago

cuz u never been through something, it's not real? do u even hear how freakishly ignorant u sound? didn't know people like u exist anymore, I was hoping internet actually helps to open someone's eyes, looks like some chose to be cavemen.

rainy_days_ahead Mystica 24 days ago

Having friends does not automatically justify you. There are people out there like Suk Chun who want their story to be heard, so that people won't feel like they're alone and unvalid. You don't know the struggle LGBT people have to go through. If you don't know what you're talking about, then please don't say anything.

Blue82 Mystica 24 days ago

His career was destroyed and he was shunned by a lot of the industry when he came out. His story is proof that you can survive it and that is something people in South Korea desperately need to know. Just by being a member of the LGBT community you can be fired and there are no laws protecting you from that there. Statistically a number of celebrities fall under the LGBT umbrella but will likely never speak up about it nor admit it because of the stigma in their country. In some countries people can still be punished with death if the government finds out they are not 100% straight. Until the day comes that there are laws protecting them in every country we will still need stories like his. It's ignorant to think otherwise.

annette_p 24 days ago

Bullying is terrible for anyone , it takes away your confidences and belittles you to were you think it will never end . It does eventually but for many unfortunately they end up committing suicide for they think it will never go away and they just want it to stop now. I attempted suicide  because of bullying and it has taking me almost thirty years to realise that the bullies have the problem not me and that  i should not have given up on myself like i did back then . i gave up my dream of being an artist and wanting to go to art achool. However i am not going to start back doing art and go back to school for an art degree , i am 47 now and still remember like yesterday the bullies but want to write a book about it too so maybe a person who is being bullied will not give up on themselves  and not give into what the bullies want which is to stop you from doing what you want to do . . I wish i knew what i know now.The best way to not give in to the bullies is to still be yourself and not give up on your goals and dreams like i did . That is the best way to get "back " at a bully. Sad he had  to endore the bullying.

ebilfairy annette_p 24 days ago

Very well said. I hope you o write your book :)

Wang_Sejung ebilfairy 24 days ago

This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

galaxyifan 24 days ago

Stop accusing religious people of hating/bullying homosexuals, I'm religious myself and raise the damn rainbow flag to show my support whenever I have the chance to.

DZico galaxyifan 24 days ago

doesn't make any sense for religious person to support LGBT , if you really believe your religion to be true and from a divine being then you wouldn't support something he clearly hate and consider as major sin , I don't know what your religion is but if you say that you religious and supporter of homosexuals then you clearly a hypocritical with double standards ... you either be religious or liberal , you can't be both .

galaxyifan DZico 24 days ago

are you going to teach me my religion? I know it well enough thank you. They only love, and as long as they don't hurt anyone or themselves, they have the right to do as they please and hating on them, or bullying them is what goes against my religion okay? You're going to stay in your damn lane because you're not the one who's going to tell me what I can or can't do, I am religous, and I support LGBT, and we're many, and it makes sense.

galaxyifan DZico 24 days ago

If you think that I can't be religious AND liberal, then trust me, you're ignorant.

Blue82 galaxyifan 24 days ago

Right there with you. I don't prescribe to one particular religion but I definitely believe in God and I'm an ally. Equality is a must. I'm glad that I've always been that way too since it made my teenage daughter comfortable enough to come out to me that she is pansexual. Most of my religious friends even the ones that go to church every Sunday support equality. Only the ignorant believe that being a member of the lgbt community makes you less than someone else.

galaxyifan Blue82 24 days ago

Thank you. Yes, homosexuality is a ''sin'' in many religions, but religions also teach you to respect everyone, and treat them equally.

bangeryun94 galaxyifan 24 days ago

You are an exception.

galaxyifan bangeryun94 24 days ago

there are many exceptions, I'd know better since I'm religious and out of all the religious people I know, all support LGBT

smokeee galaxyifan 24 days ago

no u dont. you're a 'new age' religious person, where your preacher pretends to reinvent a thousand years old religion to their liking. its okay there are a lot of fake religious people today who have changed religiions to be more politically correct. its different for people who truly believe in God's words where there are fundamental teachings or rather adherence to the Bible. its absurd to think a pasteur or whomever can change a religion to begin with, but hey thats what some religions have become, very watered down versions of their original tenets. there is a reason why the vast majority of religious people in this world are anti homosexual, and its based on fundamental doctrine. but leave it up to the politically correct to warp it to suit their preferences/lifestyles.

smokeee 24 days ago

pastor

galaxyifan smokeee 24 days ago

i didnt mention being christian, i didnt mention any religion, i just said i was religious

smokeee galaxyifan 24 days ago

oh okay, my bad then. yeah if you're non denominational then u can pick and choose without being disingenuous.

smokeee 24 days ago

or rather just being spiritual without the organized religion part.

Nadjeortez galaxyifan 24 days ago

whats your religion?

galaxyifan Nadjeortez 24 days ago

''May I ask what your religion is'' yes you can, I'm a muslim, and many other muslims I know support LGBT, why? Because it's wrong to hate on someone who isn't hurting anyone in Islam. Anyone who believes they should ''fight'' homosexuals need to re learn about their religion real quick. Everyone is free to do as they please, as long as they don't hurt anyone, or themselves. LGBT community isn't hurting anyone, they deserve to live without fearing persecution.

Rock30815 24 days ago

It is definitely unfortunate when anyone is abused for being a certain way. Even as a Christian, we're taught not to belittle or hurt anyone, but to pray for everyone because no one is beyond saving and God wants everyone to repent. But at the same time, I see how comments seem to condone homosexuality as a natural practice. I feel like if we can be tolerant towards these opinions, then we should be tolerant to the reason why others might disagree. It's mentioned throughout numerous scriptures that homosexuality is a sin. Most notably, in 1st Corinthians Chapter 6 verses 9-11, homosexuality is put in the same category as idolators and thieves. As a Christian, this is what we're taught to believe and have faith in. I don't personally know whether people are "born" with an inclination towards homosexuality, but I believe we are judged based on our actions. It takes strength to have inclinations and still, resist the urge to act on them. And if your argument is that there's no place for religion in fill-in-the-blank, I'd tell you that I disagree. I was taught to put God first.

jeyjin 25 days ago

Homosexuality exists in nature so no it's not a choice and it's completely natural for a few people to be born gay. This is not something that's debatable and you can look it up.

DZico jeyjin 24 days ago

homosexuality exists in nature so no it's not choice " .. ok , you know what else exist in " nature " cannibalism , incest , rape , survival of the strongest , polygamy , polyandry , murder .. all those stuff exist in " Nature " .

jeyjin DZico 24 days ago

Yea but being gay doesn't hurt anyone lol. What was the point you were trying to make?

DZico jeyjin 24 days ago

I was just trying to point out that what you say was stupid , don't compare human world to animal world or nature cuz animals do alot of things that not accepted by human moral values or logic , and yeah I know homosexuality don't hurt anyone and I don't mind them , I was just trying to point out that what you said is actually kind stupid . so don't compare humans to animals again , we are different then them and just cuz something exist in " Nature " doesn't mean it's normal to us human .

jeyjin DZico 24 days ago

All i was saying is that being gay isn't a choice. You turned it into something about how just because something is natural, that doesn't mean its right. I just wanted to let you know that before i start talking about this.

DZico jeyjin 24 days ago

so what if pedophilia said your same logic and said that pedophilia isn't choice cuz it exist in Nature ? .. you don't seem to understand why your logic is wrong . human =/= nature .

jeyjin DZico 24 days ago

You're right that just because something is natural, that doesn't make it right but we're not above nature. We are animals. Everything you just brought up are things that humans have done before so why are you talking about humans as if we're above the laws of nature when we're not?

jeyjin DZico 24 days ago

The only difference between us and animals in the wild is that we're capable of higher intelligience (and i question that about some people) but human dont always murder and kill for a greater purpose. People don't rape for any reason .Some do it because they give in to very basic and primal instinct like lust

jeyjin 24 days ago

Sex and reproduction are natural too and we are just as capable of that as any other negative thing you mentioned that exist in nature. Natural =/= Wrong or Immoral

stopandplay jeyjin 24 days ago

Jeyjin has valid arguments actually. And pedophilia isn't a choice either, it's nature. But, people can choose not to act upon their urges. The same way some people choose not to live their life as openly gay because they're afraid of discrimination.

jeyjin stopandplay 24 days ago

I agree with you completely play

Nadjeortez jeyjin 24 days ago

lol. Rape also exists so does incest does that make it natural? No im seriously asking cause this just cause its in nature thing doesnt make it natural transpeople dont exist .

Alastair DZico 24 days ago

You know humans are animals, right? Right?? Humans are on a higher plane of thinking, and can vocalize/ organize their thoughts.

monaco 25 days ago

So happy for his success

pink_oracle 25 days ago

Yeah why is it that when guys bully guys they make it oddly sexual?? Like they do nude stuff and try to interfere with their bodies, messing with their underwear. What's with that? It's so weird.

walk