Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Variety

Heechul dishes on how Super Junior members call dibs on girls they're interested in

By beansss   24 days ago   101,418   7,809   70
Super-Junior,Heechul

On the February 3 broadcast of Channel A's 'Singderella', Super Junior's Shidong, TEEN TOP's Niel, and more appeared as guests.

SEE ALSO: Another SM artist falls victim to plagiarism by an Indian film OST?

During the show, MC Heechul revealed, "When we get a girlfriend, we always tell the [Super Junior] members. Because there can't be any overlap. Thankfully, there hasn't been a time where we've gone for the same girl. All of us have different tastes."

He went on to add, "Say one of the members like a someone, like a celebrity. Then, say if they like Cosmic Girls's Cheng Xiao, they'll say, 'I think Cosmic Girls's Cheng Xiao is okay.'"

What about when they both have an interest in the same celebrity? Heechul made the panelists laugh by answering, "Whoever finds all the colors of the rainbow first."

1. Super Junior
  2. Heechul
  3. singderella

DirronDeHumen 22 days ago

the title is misleading as fuck....it's almost as if the writer is trying to invite haters and social justice warriors to shit on the article...

kimmiefonze 22 days ago

The title of this article is misleading as fuck! The context of all of this is a light-hearted show with lots of comedy and baffoonery, don;t take it seriously.

tiffany_lau_222 23 days ago

Seriously, I just read Soompi's version of this "incident", sounds so much less misleading lol

lunaaaapatroni 23 days ago

with this fake titles you realize haters are half blind just to feed their irrational hatred.

Erisadesu 23 days ago

so shindong came manlier back from the army....

kimmiefonze Erisadesu 22 days ago

Ugh I know! He's bigger compared to the past years but he got so much sex appeal, at least for me.

tiffany_lau_222 kimmiefonze 22 days ago

I wasn't a kpop fan until like a few months ago, and I didn't realize that Shindong was actually pretty decent looking until I saw this show lol

Erisadesu kimmiefonze 20 days ago

usually those who come back from the army come thinner, at least in my country...but then again those who came back fatter, were the ones that they only ate take out.

snsdtwinkle 23 days ago

Throwback to the time SNSD went on Beatles Code and Shindong said SJ play a game of 'calling dibs on who they like' and Sunny shut him down real quick by saying "instead of yelling like we're picking objects, we say 'oh, he looks cool on stage.'"

linnikpop snsdtwinkle 23 days ago

Sunny is bae <3

kimmiefonze snsdtwinkle 22 days ago

Our boys can be asshats sometimes so its nice that the girls call them for it.

linnikpop kimmiefonze 16 days ago

Hahahah ELF's is the only fandom who can say that know's how our boys can be assh*ls. I remember the scandal with Siwon, and as a Pansexual ELF, i was really disappointed. But no matter what, i still love these dorks xD

lunaaaapatroni linnikpop 9 days ago

I was so sad when all the world was judging Siwon, . Siwon is the kind of friendship man he doesn't matter who you are he will treat you good, he even apologized for his retwt if someone got hurt, I was so sad because he was treatened like trash by kpop worldwide fans, I wasnt dissapointed bc that are their beliefs, and he even apologize. I support him specially because he show us how good as a human he is, i dont care if all the world thinks he is the worst because of that retwt.. I support our king of derp not because his pretty face, but for his other acts that say more about this good human

linnikpop lunaaaapatroni 6 days ago

I know he apologised, but it dosen't change the fact that he believes that. It hurst you know, unless you are in the LGBTQ+ community, you don't really know how it feels. I've forgiven him a loooonng time ago, but he lost a lot of fans because of that. He has been nothing but a sweetheart after, and i prey to god that he no longer looks at us like that. But since i don't know him personally, i can't tell if he's still like that. Only a real face to face conversation can actually tell me what he's like. And that's not gonna happen xD

snsdtwinkle linnikpop 6 days ago

I am part of the LGBTQ and it's a really sensible topic but that's what he believes in and it's totally fine. As long as he doesn't treat people like shit like those homophobic bigots then I don't see a problem. There's a big difference between the two

linnikpop snsdtwinkle 3 days ago

true

keylover0923 23 days ago

The title of this article is misleading. You don't call "dibs" on a living, breathing human being. That's completely different from saying to a friend "hey, I like this girl, I hope you don't also like her because that would be awkward."

tiffany_lau_222 keylover0923 23 days ago

This article title doesn't even correspond with what the article says lol, i dont even know why people are bashing them in the comments

carolinedl 23 days ago

Well ladies, I guess it's your "lucky" day; I am not interested in any of the Super Junior guys. They are all yours.(Yes, I am important enough to make this kind of call)*rolleyes*

MiaCristall 23 days ago

Also cheng xiao is just 18, thats gross

tiffany_lau_222 MiaCristall 23 days ago

I don't think they actually would date her lol, it was just giving an example of a girl that they like as a hoobae

linnikpop MiaCristall 23 days ago

She's born in 98'. So she's 19 in Korea right now + she's legal, There's nothing gross about that.

siwanniee linnikpop 23 days ago

actually, she's technically 20 due to some weird age things in korea so yeah, she's an adult there, so it's not weird

linnikpop siwanniee 23 days ago

RIGHT! we 98'ers are 20 in Korea now, well dang, we getting old

MiaCristall linnikpop 23 days ago

Just because is legal doesnt mean is right, plus she was born in 98, just because in other countries the name of her age change doesnt change her maturity

tiffany_lau_222 MiaCristall 23 days ago

Kind of confused...what is so gross about this...?

MiaCristall tiffany_lau_222 23 days ago

I already said, its gross because theyre in their 30's and shes 18

tiffany_lau_222 MiaCristall 23 days ago

Wasn't Chengxiao just like an example tho...I don't think they would actually like actually like her in that way? I think heechul just said that because they were on a show together recently...And that age difference isn't like that bad tbh, I guess it depends on your perspective...

tiffany_lau_222 23 days ago

again, not a person they would date, but a girl they admire as a hoobae

siwanniee tiffany_lau_222 23 days ago

I agree

siwanniee MiaCristall 23 days ago

There's been worse really I remember an idol dating someone who was like 34 when they were 19 so- idk i forgot who but age gaps don't really matter

tiffany_lau_222 siwanniee 23 days ago

I mean didn't like Moon hee jun from hot marry Soyul from crayon pop? that was also like over a 10 year gap right?

MiaCristall tiffany_lau_222 23 days ago

I think all those gaps are gross

MiaCristall tiffany_lau_222 23 days ago

I understand your point that they want cheng xiao, i was answering to another person

tiffany_lau_222 MiaCristall 23 days ago

Personal preferences 😅

tiffany_lau_222 MiaCristall 23 days ago

huh? they want cheng xiao?

MiaCristall tiffany_lau_222 23 days ago

The dont want* it was a typo

tiffany_lau_222 MiaCristall 23 days ago

I'm just a little confused, so you understand my point of them not actually wanting to date her, but if there is a situation they actually start dating, you think that situation would be gross right?

MiaCristall tiffany_lau_222 23 days ago

pink_oracle 23 days ago

Women are people not seats on a train, these comments make them sound like celebrity status has made them very entitled.

MiaCristall pink_oracle 23 days ago

I tought the same thing, i hope the groups i like are different

tiffany_lau_222 pink_oracle 23 days ago

Wasn't it just a joke...I think the title is a little misleading tbh...he didn't say they called dibs, he said they tell members when they get a girlfriend so like they know not to date the same girl lol. Like if there was a guy my friend liked and told me, I wouldn't be interested in that guy anymore, isn't that what he meant?

tiffany_lau_222 MiaCristall 23 days ago

Idk all the groups I've seen gives the same answer, it's sort of generic, like they can't exactly say "yeah we'll fight over the girl and then act like we are best friends again on a broadcast"

mh3697 pink_oracle 23 days ago

this might be just an excuse to defend them but guys do this all the time

yesungturtle pink_oracle 23 days ago

did we even read the same article, he just said that he talks about girls with his members, how exactly that made them entitled...

tiffany_lau_222 mh3697 23 days ago

But SJ wasn't calling "dibs", they were just telling other members "hey I like that girl" so they won't end up like trying to date the same girl and be awkward lol

pink_oracle tiffany_lau_222 23 days ago

Yeah, but it completely implies that the girls get no choice. They don't settle things by finding out which one the girl actually would like to date. "Pardon me but I don't care about who saw me first, I don't like anyone here but X." "Quite wench, the men are talking!" And if you have to tell your friend not to go after a girl because you're seeing her does that mean the girl is shady and cannot be trusted not to stray? The whole conversation just seemed to be dripping with testosterone.

lunaaaapatroni pink_oracle 23 days ago

you put a lot of drama on it , they are talking about their friends in that situation, the crush could do whathever she/he wants -.-

tiffany_lau_222 pink_oracle 23 days ago

I think you misunderstood my comment. All I mean is that that they tell each other to prevent misunderstandings...the comment heechul made doesn't seem like he's saying that the girl doesn't have a choice of who to date, more like SJ wants to make sure there are no conflicts...Also the first part of his comment was about announcing that someone in SJ got a girlfriend (if they didn't tell the members, what if another member starts liking the girl lol), second part was like seeing the member's opinion on the girl, the third part was just a joke...And I didn't mean that the girl will stray, sorry if my comment sounded a little misleading lol

silence_me pink_oracle 23 days ago

He is informing his members So that they won't overlap and cause problems within the group and not because he thinks the girl is shady and cannot be trusted. God you think too much on all wrong reason just to defend your first idiotic statement.

pink_oracle silence_me 22 days ago

You seem triggered, did your friends used to date your girlfriends?

JustaNeutralGuy pink_oracle 22 days ago

...

pink_oracle JustaNeutralGuy 21 days ago

Oh dear, your cat appears to have walked across the keyboard.

silence_me pink_oracle 21 days ago

just give it a rest, you obviously got no better answer

pink_oracle silence_me 21 days ago

My answer is that in Asia they still have quite old fashioned ideas about gender roles that translate as sexist to Western thinking.

tiffany_lau_222 pink_oracle 21 days ago

Are you currently living in Asia or have you lived in Asia before? What experiences do you have to say that statement? I know that even guys in the U.S. would probably tell their friends if they were dating someone (normal) and if they liked someone they would tell their friends (normal). I don't understand why you insist that what he said was sexist. The title definitely gives off sexism in every way but reading the article and seeing what heechul actually said, it's just a normal conversation between people/guys...

pink_oracle tiffany_lau_222 20 days ago

It is sexist to completely omit the woman's opinion/choice when deciding who dates her.

pink_oracle tiffany_lau_222 20 days ago

And I'm sorry but it's actually far from the first time a male K-idol has said something that was irrefutably sexist. Like when Shindong said it was ok for guys to be overweight but not girls. Or when Sunggyu said all women over 30 are hags. Or even better when CAP said he'd give his future son complete freedom but lock up and beat his daughter so she'd be ready for her place as a domesticated wife.

tiffany_lau_222 pink_oracle 20 days ago

Ok...I never said anything in my comment about it being the first time something like this happened; my comment is strictly based off of this article and not the other events. This article is talking about HEECHUL, not the entire kpop world...I'm just saying that the comment HEECHUL said was neither sexist or meant to be sexist...Seriously, the statements he made didn't say that they will force the girl to date whoever likes her, he is merely saying that if one of the member is dating someone, he will tell other members so they won't like overlap and have conflicts within the group. Honestly, isn't it normal for guys to do that so they don't ruin THEIR friendship...and if the other member actually like the girl enough, I'm pretty sure he would go after her anyways... Your comment would seem appropriate if it was only based on the title, but seriously maybe try and read the comments Heechul actually said...

pink_oracle tiffany_lau_222 20 days ago

If they're overlapping it means the girl is dating them both. So in their minds girls will date as many members as they like unless the boys take action to make sure this doesn't happen. They talk about girls as though they're as simple as sheep.

tiffany_lau_222 pink_oracle 20 days ago

overlap doesn't have to mean dating. Ok, so in a situation that one of the members is dating a girl, and the other member starts liking the girl because he doesn't know that his member and the girl is already dating, couldn't that be avoided if the member told the other member he is dating her (which could completely happen looking at how kpop idols can't date like normal people without receiving death threats). Seriously it seems like you didn't actually read the entire article just the title...and at first glance your comment would seem logical (again if it was based on the title)but the rest of your comments are just trying to defend your first statement. Also I just looked at the article and the actual statements he made, no where in the article does he actually mention the part about "calling dibs on girls". The only parts are- telling members that they are dating the girl and also seeing the members' opinions on the girl. If they were both interested in the same girl, his comment was Whoever finds all the colors of the rainbow first which I'm guessing means whoever can make the girl fall in love with the members. None of your comments actually make sense if you read the article. Have a question for you as well, you said Asia has old fashion ideas, I asked what experience did you have for you to say that, but how did you suddenly get to the idea that I said it was the first time it happened? I'm merely questioning how you could assume and generalize the entire Asian culture.

pink_oracle tiffany_lau_222 19 days ago

Let's leave it at this, you were raised to find this way of talking fine, I was raised to find it sexist. Neither one is right or wrong, because it's purely about perspective and emotion. Two thirds of readers did find it sexist, one third didn't, it's not exactly enough to make any kind of sentencing.

lunaaaapatroni pink_oracle 9 days ago

esta loca esta mina, lo que dice el titulo es diferente de lo que dice el articulo, y ella pone todo su entusiasmo como haterr para defender su opinion basada en el titulo, que no sabe leer ? si despues de leer eñ articulo sigue pensando eso, debe ser una completa loka :)

pink_oracle lunaaaapatroni 9 days ago

Why the fuck are you posting in Spanish? To a comment that's 10 days old? The title and the content are of the same nature. Encontrar algo más que ver con tu vida.

not today