Group Chat
General Chat

Girls' Generation's Seohyun says she won't forget the precious memories of her first solo promotions

By KpopJoA   12 days ago   43,901   10,962   10
Seohyun

Girls' Generation's Seohyun was successful in her promotions for her solo debut.  The singer released her 1st solo release 'Don't Say No' back on January 17, which she wrote and composed herself, topping music charts instantaneously.

During an interview with Sports World, Seohyun mentioned that she was happy to promote her solo work and added she "won't forget the precious memories."

Q: It's your first solo album since debuting ten years ago?

"First of all, I can't believe Girls' Generation is celebrating ten years.  In that regard, it was also new to debut as a solo singer. I would like to thank everyone who afforded me this special opportunity."

Q: You've been credited as a writer for six songs?

"There's a total of 7 songs on this album.  Except for the title song, I took part in writing the other six songs because I wanted to challenge myself in portraying my own sensibility."

Q: Composing isn't easy, where did you get the inspiration from?

"I thought about some of the experiences that I've had and incorporated them into writing song lyrics after coming up with a fitting story."

Q: Selecting the title song 'Don't Say No' must have been a rigorous process?

"It wasn't originally the title song.  However, it was a song created by Kenzie who also composed, 'Into the New World.'  I happened to like the song too, so in the end, the hard work had paid off."

Q: Overall, the album gives off a much different tone than Girls' Generation?

"To be the honest, the agency was against this concept. They suggested a girl strumming on her guitar kind of concept when I said that kind of image didn't fit me since I am older now.  Girls Generation had a different concept from what I wanted to illustrate.  I wanted to naturally present my mature side."

Q: Is there anything you got out of from this?

"The results aren't really that important.  I am satisfied by the fact that I could present my own colors to the audience.  I was able to show a mature Seohyun as opposed to the sweet Seohyun from Girls' Generation.  I will continue to strive for the best."

SEE ALSO: Seohyun says she was envious of Tiffany, Taeyeon, and Hyoyeon's solo promotions

1. Seohyun

JeffBenson 11 days ago

Out of the blue I will be driving ... and start hearing "Bad Love" in my head :D

GOTTOCHANGE_SS 11 days ago

U are the Best.  #ThanksforSeolo

kddicted 11 days ago

Such a hottie now

Winston 12 days ago

I think more than her solo debut, i want to congrat her on the other six songs, even if they arent the title tracks, nothing is more rewarding for a singer to see his or her own written songs on his or her own album. its like ur babies. I only hope SM allows them more freedom in using their own songs, even as the title track in future. just as how BoA previously promoted with her own written song for the first time. i think its especially HARD for SM artists, since they are so many composers in the agency whom will rather the artists use their works since they live off the royalties than let the artists compose themselves. but really hope SNSD's 10th anniversary title track will be like their "Sailing 0805" last year written by them (in particular Sooyoung) for fans,

IMakeMyPoint 12 days ago

I am so happy and proud that she did something she really desires, and worked so hard for it. As a fan, I won't forget Seohyun's first Solo debut either!

Hyeriioo 12 days ago

princess

BestMusicMovie 12 days ago

she looks pretty.

manupecks 12 days ago

I am so proud of the work she did! I think she was able to present herself in such a new light, and she did it perfectly!

Catxia85 12 days ago

Amazing job you did Seohyun. Proud to be a SONE!!!!

Taeng4ever 12 days ago

See? Thats what sones are saying from the star. She doesnt care about the results and fankly those who love her music doesnt either. We just support her decision and jam to her song. Great work, maknae

bts namw