Group Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Variety

EXID's Hani reveals tips to getting above 900 on the TOEIC exam

By jennywill   23 days ago   86,309   8,364   23
EXID,Hani

EXID's Hani shared her tips on how to score high on the 'TOEIC' exam!

The TOEIC exam is an English language test designed specifically to measure the everyday English skills of people working in an international environment. The full score is 990, and Hani scored over 900 on her TOEIC exam studying just by herself.

SEE ALSO: EXID fans plant a forest in Nepal for the group's 5th anniversary

She was recently on Park Na Rae's 'Study Interview', where she gave tips on how to study for the test. Hani revealed that she memorized English words by pairing them up with Korean words and making a sentence out of them. For example, for the word 'knee', she made the sentence 'Your knee hurts'. In Korean, the word 'your' sounds like the English word 'knee', which helped her study for the test.

On solving TOEIC problems, she said, "TOEIC is a race against time. You can get more correct answers by taking as little possible on each question." She suggested reading the question first before the prompt, and said there was no need to read every multiple choice.

Hopefully, people found her tips helpful!

1. EXID
  2. Hani

neko2412neko 23 days ago

interesting tip! but, lol, hasn´t Hani an IQ of 145?

k_sandra 23 days ago

I learned English by watching lots of Youtube videos ^^

Mavane 23 days ago

I had a lot of time left when I passed my exam tho ?The only problem you can have with time is during the Listening part since the time to answer is limited for each question.

orange_sky 23 days ago

I got a pretty high score by studying myself with dramas :). A lot of questions are related to business or work environment so if you don't even know the vocabulary, how can you understand the questions? My parents always teased me about watching too much dramas but thanks to that, I've learnt a lot of English words that we don't learn at school.And Hani is right about the time. Some of my friends struggled because they spent too much time on first questions and didn't get enough time for the last part 'comprehension'.

pink_oracle orange_sky 23 days ago

You type in English better then most English speakers on my twitter.

orange_sky pink_oracle 22 days ago

Thank you! I still make mistakes but I try my best :)

datboiiiii orange_sky 22 days ago

You speak English better than 90% of people on this website.

pink_oracle orange_sky 22 days ago

Your punctuation is spot on and your sentence construction is beyond natural.

lvpool86 23 days ago

just get a good sleep the night before and you'll be fine

MiaCristall 23 days ago

Woaaah, hani is funny, talented AND smart. She has it all

FragleDagle 23 days ago

Cool, now does she have a way to score high on a Korean test =)

eirayza 23 days ago

the listening part is probably the most difficult part in the  TOEIC exam. it is also time limited. Making example sentences is the best way to study English. When reading an English book, I used to have a dictionary beside me. Whenever, i don't get the sentence or expression, I underline it with my pencil then check the dictionary. Then read it again to fully understand.

orange_sky eirayza 23 days ago

Agree ! Since I read a lot of English subtitles with dramas (and don't watch US series), my ears are not used and I struggled more on the listening part plus they don't repeat it so if you lost focus, bye bye for this question XD

eirayza orange_sky 23 days ago

that's why i try to balance. when i realize im having too much kdrama i catch up with my favorite american series or animations. the most difficult part of listening test is the understanding the thought without getting confused of the pronunciation. I remember that one part "the parted" i heard as "departed".. "knead" and "need". that was tough for me during the exam.

Exo_Leia 23 days ago

Wow, she's freaking amazing and smart..

Ryen 23 days ago

That's impressive. I hope her experience will encourage Koreans to be more willing to learn foreign languages.

walk