Movies

Lee Jun Ki reveals he initially rejected the role offer for Hollywood film 'Resident Evil'

By yckim124   5 days ago   144,562   22,925   22
lee-jun-ki

Lee Jun Ki shared the story behind his Hollywood debut film 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'.

At the press conference for the new movie on January 13, Lee Jun Ki revealed, "First, I was very surprised by the offer. It's the last chapter of a very important series, so I worried a lot about whether I could be a help or not. I remember politely rejecting the offer at first to the director." He continued, "The director re-checked the actions scenes and more then mailed them back to me with an offer. I was honored that he did that much for me. I made the final decision with a grateful mind in hopes to become a help to the series even with a small role."

SEE ALSO: 'Resident Evil' star Milla Jovovich says it was a privilege to work with Lee Jun Ki

Director Paul W.S. Anderson also spoke about his decision to cast Lee Jun Ki. He said, "It's not easy to meet a great male actor, and when I met Lee Jun Ki, I thought, 'Ah, finally. I've found a male actor who can be Milla's opponent.' The two had great chemistry on set, so I only had to set up the cameras and the filming was completed fabulously."

Anderson added, "The two actors have met at the last part of the series, but they'll be cast together in my films again."

1. Lee Jun Ki
    2. resident evil

Liana_Mustaip 4 days ago

Every people will start on small role. So, I don't care of it. The only make me scream is 'they will be cast together in my films again'!!!!We will see Lee Jun Ki in the next Hollywood films, wait guys!!!

Blue82 5 days ago

I'm glad he changed his mind. It opened up more possibilities for him especially since the director liked him so much. He clearly said he intends to cast him again. = )

hohliu 5 days ago

He is a very likable guy to work with. Talented, hardworking, good looking, He appeals to men and women fans. I am glad someone has spotted his talent.

amheizing 5 days ago

He's a great actor. I wish him all the best. 😊💖

reem_elnabarawy 5 days ago

all the best for him

li_xiao_yan 5 days ago

I can't wait for the day when Asians can be in Hollywood movies without being the sidekick or laugh-getter who dies. Alas, Jay Chou in The Green Hornet taught me a lesson about Hollywood.

nami_chan 5 days ago

I love him, he is a great actor <3 <3 plus really handsome.

itssaleena 5 days ago

That series should have ended a long time ago, but I hope this gives him more recognition internationally :)

guesswho 5 days ago

goddamn i'm still in love..

FriedChickenLove 5 days ago

Lee Jun Ki, bless your heart but the Resident Evil films aren't very important. But congrats though.

hi dad hat