Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Jung Chae Yeon reveals she used to get made fun of for her pale skin

By yckim124   28 days ago   44,355   3,870   131
jung-chae-yeon

Jung Chae Yeon shared about the downfalls of having pale skin during an interview with 'Cosmopolitan'.

She revealed, "My pale skin used to bother me. I was so pale that you could see my veins. When I was young, my friends made fun of me by calling me an alien."

SEE ALSO: DIA's Jung Chae Yeon lands a solo makeup endorsement deal!

When asked about how she takes care of her skin, Jung Chae Yeon answered, "My skin has become rougher due to the lack of sleep nowadays. That's why I take extra care. So far, I focus on cleansing. It has improved a lot compared to before."

1. Jung Chae Yeon
    2. cosmopolitan

Im_you_pantseu 22 days ago

The problem is probably with her veins not her skin color.

taemint93 25 days ago

WTF?  First you get hate because of dark skin and now you get hate because of pale skin? SMh...

SuperFly_Snuka 27 days ago

and now it's be considered pale,  or you're unattractive

junxxmin 27 days ago

The amount of hate is unreal. 1) She was probably answering a question about her pale skin since Korea loves pale skin so much and they constantly want to know about her beauty. 2) It IS totally likely that she got bullied she probably isn't BSing this. Why? Yes, pale is korea's beauty standard. However, that's acknowledged by older people, she said "kids made fun of her" so she's probably talking about her elementary days. Kids don't have the strict beauty standards of grownups, they don't know that "pale skin is good" etc etc, they're not taught that by society yet (bless their innocence) so they probably thought that the visible veins were disturbing or strange since they're not used to seeing it. If they don't focus on skin, they focus on something else and it happened to be her veins. If you don't know her past don't just call her out, unless it's proven otherwise why would she lie? For fame or media play? Please, she's already making enough and super popular. Gosh, haters and their inferiority complex, they think anybody pretty has to be ugly on the inside? Why? To satisfy themselves and convince themselves that they're better in some aspect or something? Leaving hate to an unknown person should answer that involuntarily....

lovelunaa 27 days ago

wow this girl got famous off a gif, she has NO talent, can't sing, lots of plastic surgery and media play, and she's still complaining. some people will just never be satisfied

ourcheers2u 27 days ago

There is way too much media play on this girl.

Jcy 27 days ago

Chaeyeon, you are beautiful. Glad you are busy working instead of minding these mf'ers in the comment section.

mylon 27 days ago

if you're tanned you get rejected, if you're pale you get rejected... apparently you're not allowed to be anything in koreahow to not get bashed by korean people: not exist

shootingstar6 28 days ago

y'all be complaining about her bringing up these things but I bet the interviewers/hosts asked a question or said something that prompted her to say that.. same goes with other idols.

Nadjeortez 28 days ago

when i was younger i wasnt really pale like albino pale BUT i had think skin so you could see all my veins that even my doctors where concerned. Even as ive become darker or in the summer you can still see my veins i just have thin skin. Her veins being seen has nothing to do with being pale but having thin skin. Many people are alabaster white but have thick skin and no visible veins.

not today