General, Variety

Black Pink's Jisoo gives the details about the offer she received from SM

By KpopJoA   5 days ago   120,432   12,247   69

On January 11, Black Pink members Jisoo and Rose appeared on MBC's 'Radio Star' where Jisoo shared her story of receiving a casting offer from an SM manager.

The MC began with, "You received a casting offer from an SM manager while you were at a YG Family concert?"  Jisoo replied, "Yes, it's true. I was asked if I wanted to be a celebrity. Being a YG trainee at that time, I said no, I'm already associated with an agency.  When I found out it was from SM, I apologized."

The singer continued, "However, the SM manager kept on insisting which company I was affiliated with."

Later, Jisoo and Rose gave a heartwarming performance of 'Love Yourself' with Rose singing and strumming her guitar while Jisoo worked on the backup vocals, receiving much admiration from fans.

Anybody curious as to why an SM manager would be at a YG concert scouting for possible trainees?

SEE ALSO: Black Pink's Jisoo to talk about how she was offered to join SM Entertainment

1. Black Pink
  2. Jisoo
  3. Rose
  4. mbc radio star
  5. sm
  6. yg

aya_ahmad 5 days ago

so pretty

ellagkpopunnie 5 days ago

YG FAM, VIPS AND BP STANS Pls drop by FXXK IT for TOP 😊 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iIPH8LFYFRk

ellagkpopunnie 5 days ago

SM scouting around YG bec they know talent will be walking around close hahaha jk

slajazz 5 days ago

Because YG artist are better?

pinkylovesfood slajazz 5 days ago

well, to be quite honest, in terms of vocals (technique-wise), YG artists is very much well below SM artists.

miyub1123 pinkylovesfood 5 days ago

yg seeks for unique voice i guess, they dont care about technique

VitaminWell pinkylovesfood 5 days ago

YG only look for something we haven't seen before. He scouts unique talent only.

whatever101 5 days ago

Jisoo's selling point is her visuals so color me shocked that SM would come running to the door to try to recruit her. In some kinda of alternative universe i bet she would have debuted in a new SM girl group.

methodman88 whatever101 5 days ago

Fairy Tail universe yeah?

Kisa_Oberlin 5 days ago

Ok rat girl stop using SM.

Maggie 5 days ago

She is good looking, but I don't think she is THAT good looking as people make it out to be. Maybe in YG standard? I don't get why people say she is the prettiest among BP. Others are just as beautiful if not more.

booitsjwu Maggie 5 days ago

I think Koreans really like people with her features.

9001reasons Maggie 5 days ago

What, you think you represent the majority or something? You must be pretty full of yourself.

Maggie 9001reasons 5 days ago

Funny you said it when I just said that I DONT. Keep working on your reading comprehension buddy. School is important.

kpoplolita Maggie 5 days ago

Jisoos is Korean standard plus she's v extrovert which makes her more appealing. She looks like she has the most argyle but is v alien like so the public loves her. The others are popular in other countries but all 4 are gorgeous imo

kpoplolita 5 days ago

aegyo* korean standard beauty*

miyub1123 Maggie 5 days ago

she is beautiful. like really .

brittkina Maggie 3 days ago

Definitely has to do with korean standards. For instance, I (and some of my friends) think Fei is the prettiest in Miss A, but Koreans love their Suzy. It also doesnt help that Fei is Chinese.

Maggie brittkina 3 days ago

Interestingly enough I feel the same way about Suzy. I don't find her more attractive than her members. I just thought her movie success help with her popularity.

kddicted 5 days ago

Nayeon and Jisoo both have nice tones to their voices, their voices are unique. They have similar personalities too, bright and bubbly. Her voice isn't too bad, it's just not as good as Rose's. I'm so sick of the hate on her

shannnnt 5 days ago

If she was another company's trainee SM might have tried to get her to transfer hahaha

nami_chan 5 days ago