AOA reveal they're one of the last survivors out of 70 girl groups + seniority at music shows

By KpopJoA   4 days ago   76,309   5,062   44
AOA,ChoA,FIESTAR,Hello-Venus,Crayon-Pop,uhm-jung-hwa

On January 12, the AOA members were the featured guests on SBS Radio's 'Cultwo Show.'  On the radio broadcast, the AOA members talked about their seniority in the K-pop world. ChoA revealed, "At the time we debuted, there were a total of 70 teams competing for the same spot... It was very competitive."

Moreover, the girls mentioned it had been 6 years since their debut, "Last week [on a music show] the only artist present with more seniority was singer Uhm Jung Hwa.  However, we are far off from being called seniors..." showing much respect.

They continued, "With the exception of FIESTARHello Venus, and Crayon Pop, we are thankful to be one of the few that have survived through the vast amount of teams."

1. AOA
  2. ChoA
  3. FIESTAR
  4. Hello Venus
  5. Crayon Pop
  6. Uhm Jung Hwa

Squattingpanda 2 days ago

awww. im so proud of them for staying together this long and not just that but being quite successful.

orange_sky 4 days ago

6 years!? I remembered how I reacted when I heard FNC will debut their first girl group... Time flies so fast...

AYMKPOP3ER 4 days ago

Oh I'll never forget kpop in the year of 2012. It gave me the hardest test of my life, the loyalty test.

eager_beaver 4 days ago

EXID and Spica also debuted that year and are still known. Or at least EXID is. FlaShe also debuted about one month before AOA and as far as I know they are still around. But few know of their existence.

RimmieMeli 4 days ago

2012 Girl Groups were debuting left and right like crazy.

amazinglyawesome 4 days ago

AOA and EXID are the only two groups that are my favorites that debut in 2012. Well I kinda got into EXID around 2013 I think. I like fiestar too but I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore fan. It feels like im missing another group but anyways I wish them a long, strong successful career ahead of them.

makan amazinglyawesome 4 days ago

It is sort of funny, I have liked AOA and EXID since 2012/2013. I still like AOA, but EXID has continued to grow and grow, their album Street was just amazing...

amazinglyawesome makan 4 days ago

Yes!! That album was indeed amazing. I was surprised that they weren't nominated for something unless I miss something. I'm really excited for their comeback they're having pretty soon once Solji recovers

DaeKwon 4 days ago

its been six years? i feel old as shit

federick 4 days ago

I wish them continuous success

hanalala707 4 days ago

You are floping now

ky9999  hanalala707 4 days ago

Your English is "floping" now

Moomoomineelvis  hanalala707 4 days ago

And? You're mad because you thought they would be schedule less you ugly bish? Stfu

yeo_shin_ah  hanalala707 4 days ago

excuse me ..excuse me

neko2412neko 4 days ago

2012 was an insane year with soooo many girl group debuts... there were week with 2 or 3 debuts at once!

finger heart