Akdong Musician's Chanhyuk talks about going to the military

By alim17   11 days ago   32,674   5,194   21
akdong-musician,chanhyuk

In an interview on January 5, Akdong Musician's Chanhyuk talked about his pending military enlistment.

SEE ALSO: Akdong Musician explain why they chose YG over SM and JYP

He said, "By my standards, I think it's actually late to be worrying about the military enlistment.  I am thinking of entering the military next year at the latest.  My five closest friends are all either in the military right now or have been discharged.  The enlistment date of the people around me becomes the norm to me.  According to my age, I should have gone in late 2014 or early 2015."

Regarding the break from promotions with his military enlistment, he said, "If the fans love our songs, they will wait for our music.  Of course, they could forget about us, but if they have memories with Akdong Musician, I believe they will wait for us.  I do not think that the hiatus will be that long."

Suhyun then promised, "Although there might be an empty spot with my brother in the military, I will be promoting from my spot somehow."

1. Akdong Musician
    2. Chanhyuk

ramenrulz8p 10 days ago

We'll wait for you Chanhyuk T_T Their music is too good for people to forget their name

shannnnt 10 days ago

Your amazing music will lead us back to AKMU anyway so don't worry.

clarissaxd 11 days ago

I LOVE YOUR SONGS AND I SHALL WAIT! come back healthy bby! <3 hope suhyun gets a  promising solo very soon! I love her angelic voice<3 the harminizing duo 2k17

kiko_san 11 days ago

AKMU Cover BLACKPINK --  Whistle  [ January 5 2017 ]

judyi 11 days ago

People like them because their music is fulfilling and healing. Theres a lot of Indie bands in Korea and all but none have that child poetry charm that AKMU brings to the table. Its not like Chanhyuk is leaving his sister with nothing. He already wrote tons of songs for her so she can have her own solo album.

judyi 11 days ago

YAY!!!! to Solo from Suhyun!!!!! Her voice and her live trumps just about any idol now

thefabcat92 11 days ago

why is it that he's going already..? there's quite a lot older male idol who haven't gone to military either.

judyi thefabcat92 11 days ago

he wants to go because its actually normal to go when you are fresh out of highschool just to get it over with. The ones who dont are usually idols and upcoming young actors who wish to make themselves known before going...if you are an idol you probably have contracts to fulfill if you are an actor than you probably have Movies or CF contracts or stuff. Maybe they are still trying to break even with their company or maybe the company must fulfill something on their part before letting you go otherwise the actors idols can sue.

crowboy thefabcat92 11 days ago

Also I think he might've mentioned about experiencing it so it'll help his song writing?

Moogirl 11 days ago

No worries, we will wait for them! Stay loyal with me, my buddies!!!

FriedChickenLove 11 days ago

On a YG schedule 2 years is nothing. We're used to it.

violetstorm 11 days ago

AKMU does such a unique style of music that people will have to turn to them if they want that style. So I don't think chanhyuk going to the military is going to change their popularity or anything. It's good that he's getting it out of the way so he doesn't have to worry about it. IM actually excited to see the songs he comes up with from his experience there. Don't worry Chanhyyk we'll be here :)

finger heart