Variety

MAMAMOO mix it up on 'Immortal Song'

By elliefilet   16 days ago   49,664   6,119   39
mamamoo

MAMAMOO mixed up one of their own tracks with an 'Immortal Song' on the December 31 installment of the show.

SEE ALSO: MAMAMOO start off their first Japanese promotions

For the 'King of Kings' special, MAMAMOO represented as the only girl group competing on the episode with their cover of Hyun Jin Young's "You Inside My Dim Memory". The talented members mixed up the oldie with their own hit song "You're the Best", putting a fresh spin on it.

Spoilers Below:

However, MAMAMOO weren't able to defeat Tei's 437 points, and it was Tei who took the final trophy.

1. MAMAMOO
  2. Immortal Song

Tomochi 15 days ago

THAT WAS FANTASTIC!! Wow I had high expectations and MAMAMOO managed to way exceed those expectations. They're such amazing and talented artists :')

julee22 15 days ago

Holy shit Jeeze they're so energetic and strong and what a show stopper

hiroonakamura 15 days ago

where is You're The Best though? i dont get it. I did hear Mr Ambigious though thrown in there in the middle

sharla hiroonakamura 15 days ago

Its you're the best tho

hiroonakamura sharla 15 days ago

yes but when and where? the background score?

DragonJoy hiroonakamura 15 days ago

It's not Mr Ambigious, the song is You're the Best

mmmmbish hiroonakamura 14 days ago

FACEPALM.

hiroonakamura DragonJoy 14 days ago

hahaha wow. how did i manage to confuse those two? :S

jinssam 15 days ago

SLAY. I'm so proud of them! The article doesn't mention it, but they're the first girl group ever to appear on the King of Kings special for IS. They were so good even though they were probably so nervous being up against some of the best singers in SK <3

jinyoungtrash jinssam 15 days ago

They're also the first and only(as of now) girl group to win on Immortal Songs! :)

mmmmbish jinssam 14 days ago

this is allkpop they would never mention it anything generous about mamamoo.

jinyoungtrash mmmmbish 14 days ago

true LOL

pink_oracle 16 days ago

Everyone I like who goes on this show looses to someone I never heard of.

hiroonakamura pink_oracle 15 days ago

that's prolly coz you only read or watch things abt new artists only? Tei is a really good singer but he was mostly famous a decade or so ago

pink_oracle hiroonakamura 15 days ago

A good attempt at a diss but I have been known to pull out the odd Lee Jung Hyun to mix in with Oh My Girl . I think the problem here is that whomever votes on this show seem to be a group of elitists who have decreed that 'new' equates to inferior.

dethkult pink_oracle 15 days ago

Why don't you watch the show instead of reacting to articles? Mamamoo won quite a few times before. They're not new, even labelled super rookie at one time. The audience and hosts of Immortal Songs know that.

pink_oracle dethkult 15 days ago

Pretty sure you're replying to the wrong person, I'm in Mamamoo's corner and I never actually called them new.

hiroonakamura pink_oracle 15 days ago

no diss attempt. just a genuine comment

dethkult pink_oracle 15 days ago

No. It was for you. "I think the problem here is that whomever votes on this show seem to be a group of elitists who have decreed that 'new' equates to inferior." New=inferior, therefore seasoned=superior? Correct me if I'm wrong but this sentence heavily implied that in your opinion Mamamoo lost because they're new. Or do you mean you think the audience don't know who they are, so that's why they're not voting for them? And as I said in the previous comment, I don't think that's the case.

pink_oracle dethkult 14 days ago

hiroonakamura indirectly referred to them as new and that's why I put 'new' in inverted commas, to imply I didn't think the use of new was correct. But I do think artists from previous generations stand a better chance of winning, on this TV show in particular, then current generation artists.

dethkult pink_oracle 14 days ago

Ah ok. But I think it's just a matter of taste. As long as the arrangement is good, and the performance is also good, they will vote. If you watched some of the performance of the rookies that came on this show (TWICE, IOI, etc), you'll know. It was sadly average (compared to other performers), and they don't win, rightfully. Even punk rock bands can win in this show. Furthermore, the format of this show makes it looks like the loser don't get any votes. Which is not true. They do got votes, but it's less than the highest voted singer of that particular day. And I mentioned before that Mamamoo did won in this show, so really, it's just a matter or preferences. You should look up Wonderful Confessions and Backwoods by them. It's really good. Peace!

ygbad_boy 16 days ago

THIS. IS. PURE. TALENT

Jungta 16 days ago

My favourite IS performance by them, a very Mamamoo performance 🙂

Tzuyu_4yu 16 days ago

Get it Moonbyul! 😍😍😍

fw_cConnie 16 days ago

This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

Tzuyu_4yu  fw_cConnie 16 days ago

It has to be in the dark, your writing only proves that fact.

fw_cConnie 16 days ago

This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

finger heart