Gossip

Oh My Girl fans demand to know whether group's season's greetings will include JinE or not

By beansss   23 days ago   29,478   2,482   26

Oh My Girl fans, also known as Miracle, are more than a little discontent. They've been discussing the likelihood that the girl group's very first season's greetings calendar will not include member JinE

SEE ALSO: Oh My Girl chosen as the face of Doori Cosmetics

The rookie girl group, who debuted in 2015, will be releasing their first season's greetings this coming 2017 and let fans know through an announcement clip a few days ago. Spoiler photos of Oh My Girl partaking in a photo shoot for the upcoming season's greetings have also been going around online, and Miracles couldn't help but put two and two together and arrive at the conclusion that it is highly likely JinE will be completely left out of the upcoming calendar package.

JinE has been taking a break from promoting with Oh My Girl after announcing that she has anorexia this past August. While fans do understand that JinE needs time to rest and recuperate, they're still angry toward WM Entertainment, the girl group's label, for a variety of reasons.

Fans still blame the label for JinE's anorexia. On top of that, many agree that a group's very first season's greetings package that doesn't include all of the members "isn't worth getting at all." It doesn't end there as Miracles pointed out that unlike G-Friend's Umji, who is also currently taking a break from her promotions and has been updating fans on her condition via SNS, JinE has been MIA ever since the announcement about her health back in August.

Angry fans demanded some kind of update from JinE, saying, "We're thankful that she's not exerting herself with activities, but let us know if she's alive or not." They even brought up talk of her leaving the group if the label and the members "keep ignoring her." B1A4 fans stepped up to empathize with Miracles, relaying how WM Entertainment mistreats B1A4 in similar ways, and many wished for JinE's health to improve soon.

It's unclear whether or not JinE really will be missing from the 2017 season's greetings package, but fans find the idea of "looking at a calendar of Oh My Girl without one member for a whole year...? Crazy." Do you agree?

1. Oh My Girl
    2. jine

adrianjayson 12 days ago

As for JinE's condition, let us not expect her to give the update herself. The problem is that it is the company's responsibility to update the fan bases of their talents about their condition when they are unable to. They owe it to us since we are their market. Unfortunately, WM is not giving any updates, at least a tweet telling whether JinE is doing well or not. If they can't provide any update, they can tell it to us, better than just being sitting ducks acting like Oh My Girl from now on is a 7-member girl group. It's not that the fans (us Miracles) are not educated about JinE's condition, it is because we are worried and we are huge supporters not only of the group itself but its individual members.

ohmyastro 20 days ago

I suggest those fans all go to google right now and type 'anorexia treatment' in the search box. Educate yourself on JinE's mental illness before making unreasonable demands. Treatment takes months or even years!! I feel a lot of fans are ungrateful. WM has been very honest with fans as of why JinE is on an indefinite hiatus and that she is receiving treatment at her hometown while staying with her family. Many companies stay dead quiet about these issues and don't even provide information as of why their artist is on hiatus. Right now she is Shin Hyejin who is receiving treatment in Pohang and not Oh My Girl's JinE at WM Building in Seoul. Both Oh My Girl members and WM are respecting her by not talking a lot about her. If they say they miss her a lot and she reads it, she will feel pressured to return quickly. A lot of people forget JinE already received treatment before/during Closer era but she relapsed during Windy Day and A-ing eras. WM, JinE and her parents made the right decision to stop her celebrity life to give priority to proper treatment no matter how long it will take (hence the 'indefinite hiatus' in WM's notice!). WM is putting her health as the person Shin Hyejin before the product Oh My Girl's JinE and yet fans put all blame for every little thing on them. Everything WM is doing is for her well-being, even putting out a calendar without her. Anorexia is not a simple flu or leg injury you recover from in a few weeks. But Oh My Girl has to go on or else they'll lose their recently gained popularity and that will make them become a group which struggles for years to recover that popularity to rise once again. So yes, it's sad JinE is missing from all Oh My Girl's recent and future activities but it's for her well-being. Her health always comes first for me even though I miss her enormously as my bias.

trogdorthe8th ohmyastro 16 days ago

ALL. OF. THIS. Don't get me wrong, I very much blame the agency for perpetuating her illness, especially considering that the first time they brought it up, they basically admitted that she only too a month or so to "recover", which is ridiculous. It's no wonder she relapsed, and more than likely she never recovered, just found better ways to hide her disorder for the time being. I miss her of course, but the longer she's away, that means the more time she's getting to combat her disease. People also need to remember that mental illness is not, I repeat IS NOT, something that's combatted that well in South Korea. In the past decade or so, they're only really just starting to publicly acknowledge that mental stresses and disorders are something that really need to be targeted and addressed, especially considering the stress and high suicide rates of the country. If people truly love JinE, they need to understand that respect that this isn't something that just gets cured over night- that's probably what her company was hoping initially, and just look how poorly that turned out for this young lady. I wish her the very best, and I hope she'll take all the time she needs to recover. If you're a true fan, you'll understand and respect this. If she needs the time away, LEAVE HER THE HELL ALONE so she can recover.

cmerle1 21 days ago

I can understand where fans are coming from. However, fans do not know what JinE, the members, and WM have agreed to with her health condition. Some sort of update would be nice though from WM. The members and JinE do not have to say anything. And, for the record, anorexia is not a condition that you "heal from". It's a lifelong battle for a lot of people.

adrianjayson cmerle1 12 days ago

I agree, WM is not giving any updates that's the problem.

custom