Variety

Who were the fastest idols at the '2016 Idol Star Athletics Championships'?

By elliefilet   12 days ago   150,898   15,558   46
bts,g-friend,yuju,oh-my-girl,snuper,woosung

Many idols ran for their lives on the September 15th MBC Chuseok special '2016 Idol Star Athletics Championships', but only a handful can be considered the fastest idols!

SEE ALSO: BTS to release 2nd full album 'WINGS' on October 10th

In the female 60m sprint race, G-Friend's Yuju took the gold medal with 9.07 seconds, taking the lead over Oh My Girl's Binnie, who took silver with 9.27 seconds. Meanwhile, Cosmic Girls' Eunseo took the bronze home with 9.50 seconds, just a hair before TWICE's Chaeyoung who came in at 9.50 seconds. As for the boys 60m race, reigning winner BTOB's Minhyuk tried for the gold, but it was Snuper's Woosung who came in at 1st in 7.32 seconds. Despite the tough battle, Minhyuk took the silver.

As for the 400m relay race, Oh My Girl, G-Friend, TWICE, and EXID competed in the girls' division. Oh My Girl's YooA and Binnie showed impressive speed, taking the gold for their group. In the boys' round, BTS took their 3rd gold home, beating BTOB, who took silver, and B.A.P, who took bronze.

Congratulations to all the fast idols!

1. (Bangtan Boys) BTS
  2. G-Friend (Girlfriend)
  3. Yuju
  4. Oh My Girl
  5. Snuper
  6. Woosung
  7. 2016 Idol Star Athletics Championships
  8. Idol Star Athletics Championships

hiroonakamura 9 days ago

how fast are their times compared to winners from previous years?

Ryan_F 11 days ago

I just watched the 400m relay, and while I think BTS would have won regardless, when Jimin (first runner) passed the baton to J-Hope he collapsed and fell into the other lanes, causing them to trip over and put all 3 others at a disadvantage yet the race continued. This isn't important since this competition isn't really serious, but I just thought I should put this out there.

gijiko Ryan_F • 11 days ago

You're kidding, right? If you had actually watched and looked closely, you can see that the person who tripped is NOT Jimin. BTS was in Team B and the person that tripped was Hyuk (VIXX) from Team C.

Ryan_F gijiko • 11 days ago

Whoops my bad. I wasn't watching fully attentively so I just saw someone trip and it looked like Jimin - my bad. Should I just delete my comment? I don't want to misinform people.

Ryan_F 11 days ago

I can't figure out how to delete my comment, so hopefully anyone who reads the original reads the rest of the thread.

Fairy01 11 days ago