Dramas

Actor Kim Eu Sung reveals why he chose to take on the role of Han Hyo Joo's father in 'W'

By beansss   16 days ago   88,159   11,538   11
misc

You all recognize actor Kim Eu Sung as Oh Sung Moo, the creator of the webtoon 'W' in the drama, right?

SEE ALSO: Eerie personal accounts of ghostly encounters in South Korea

He recently sat down for an honest interview about his role in MBC's 'W', which came to an end just today. During his interview, he shared that he'd actually met with the production team for a different role in the beginning, but the team had asked him to do this role instead.

He said, "[The reason I said I'd do it] is because I thought, if I'm Han Hyo Joo's dad, then I'll get to see Han Hyo Joo often, and I thought a webtoon creator would be fun to do too. So I said sure, and didn't realize how big things would get. But from episodes 9 or 10, I started having the mentality of, 'what am I doing'."

He continued to share that he had a hard time with his role in 'W' until the end. Despite compliments from the staff and viewers, Kim Eu Sung's role was "hard physically and mentally. Normally, I'm not the type to fall into a character after acting him for a while, but this time, it was a personal burden. Especially after the criminal died. I found it very difficult that this character was someone who'd tried to kill his daughter. I don't have a daughter and I certainly don't have any experience like that, so I had to portray a feeling that I had no idea what to make of."

With 'W' having wrapped up, Kim Eu Sung revealed that he'll be taking a break for the time being. He also added, "I understand that my next project is also important. I think I'll have to be more careful in choosing it."

Did you all catch the final episode of 'W'?

1. misc.
    2. w

most_like 16 days ago

he's good but the ending was meh

Winston most_like • 15 days ago

to be honest since they started to make dead characters come to life, like a drowned Kang Chul gets saved by a "happen to pass by police boat who happen to have 2 divers on it", and that Oh Yeon Soo, came back to life after being shot and in coma. I think the story become unrealistically hard to end in a reasonable way. the ending was kind of "Forced' and made it abrupt that the readers will not question further.

abigailaudrey 16 days ago

He is amazing actor!!! I am kanna agree that W is getting confusing from ep 9 and 10, I'm also think 'what are they doing',  but it's all the writer's fault not the actors. Lee jong suk and kim eui sang is the saver and hero in this drama. The writer make jong suk kiss hundred times and being punch, kill, jailed, shot all pain things that normal human can't even bare and also make eui sang form being good webtoonist and good dad become killer and has to kill his own daughter... I think they should get a big mount of appreciation and award for being such a good actors!!! More appreciation than other so called famous korean actor!! Actually I am feeling sad that other young actors only do simple acting, being rich man that all women love and funny and smiling in their and then they get famous, but jong suk has to suffer big pain in his drama being sabotage as hell...Well he is the one who agree to this and the bright thing is, it's make lee jong suk a special actor!! Not just popular actor who can only depend on looks and popularity and acting in cheesy roncom drama to get famous!! He and kim eui sang is a very good and amazing top actors for me!

shinnokina abigailaudrey • 15 days ago

"iss hundred times and being punch, kill, jailed, shot all pain things that normal human can't even bare" -that's because it's a manga. Have you ever read a manga? It's typical of manga heros to suffer again and again and fight and die and resurrect. It's the nature of the genre.

abigailaudrey shinnokina • 15 days ago

Oo is it? i'm sorry hehe i don't read manga that much, only very view... But still it's really hard to watch him suffer so much in this drama-____-

Kireta 16 days ago

If this man doesn't win an award for his acting skills, then that will be really messed up. He hit me with the feels in every scene.

abigailaudrey Kireta • 16 days ago