Gossip

[Exclusive] What does KARA's future hold?

April 14, 2014 @ 10:00 pm
by allkpop
  • 40
  • 24
  • 456
  • 135768
  • 2288
With KARA's Nicole and Jiyoung leaving, many fans have been wondering what will happen to the group. We now have some answers.

Insiders close to the action revealed to allkpop exclusively, that KARA will be choosing two new members to replace Nicole and Jiyoung through an audition-style documentary program.

According to our sources, the television program - set to air soon through MBC Music - will feature an intimate look at the KARA hopefuls and the arduous process behind selecting two new members to fill the holes of one of Korea's most famous girl groups.

Showcasing the personal lives of the potential members as well as KARA themselves, the show will combine the best elements of traditional audition programs with the pathos of documentary film-making.

Stay tuned for more information on what could be one of the most exciting television shows to date!

SEE ALSO: KARA successfully wrap up their 3rd Japanese tour

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 468 comments

Sort by:

qo21
· Posted April 22, 2014 @ 7:56 am

not a bad move, good luck girls

oceaas
· Posted April 22, 2014 @ 7:23 am
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: idiotic behavior)

bsw
· Posted April 21, 2014 @ 9:12 pm

I'm a Kamilia at heart! But still I hope this works our for the best, my little Kamilia heart can't take more dissapointments. I love my KARA and I will support the new memberes -although it will be difficult at first -and of course I will be supporting my JiNi girls! Once a true Kamilia always a Kamilia!

naty123
· Posted April 21, 2014 @ 5:05 pm

What?...wait. WHAT?

nicolelee8
· Posted April 21, 2014 @ 12:46 pm

tbh id rather just audition for a company to be put into a new group than join a older group...

comeback_me
· Posted April 21, 2014 @ 12:14 pm

cock meat sandwich

kamiliagzb
· Posted April 21, 2014 @ 12:11 pm

Why are you guys overreacting to this? Is not like this wouldn't been so obvious.

I understand that you are feeling that DSP is trying to pretend like JiNi never was in KARA but is not like that and I'm not saying that DSP are the good guys here, because all we know that DSP is not the best entertainment company but this time I'm agree with them, because KARA lost a lot with the maknaes departures and not just because we love them if not because of their voices, JiNi was the back up singers and stay just as 3 with no back up singers is a huge mistake, a group needs that and I'm not saying that Hara is not talented enough I'm just saying that her voice is soft and KARA's songs has high notes and Hara can't do it alone and leave all the work for Gyuri and Seungyeon is not good, I'm sure they can do it but also they can get sick and in the worst case lose their voices or decide to leave and then all of this will be over.

So can you guys just support this desicion and support them? KARA needs Kamilia more than ever and Kamilia belongs to KARA so please give them a chance, after all if this works or not, depend on us.

namwoohyunwifey
· Posted April 21, 2014 @ 11:57 am

no one can replace jiyoung and nicole~~ T.T

comeback_me
· Posted April 21, 2014 @ 11:56 am

disband

kamiliagzb
· Posted April 21, 2014 @ 12:12 pm
No they are not and they will not to do it.

whisperedmemorie
· Posted April 21, 2014 @ 11:49 am

Two new members? nooooo pls nooo. That's just going to change the feel of the group ENTIRELY.

having the original three members continue would be much better tbh. Old fans will stay on. They can expand their abilities, have more freedom, improve individually. please... I'm not even a KARA fan, just know them a lot since I follow snsd and they appear together very often and I've grown attached (despite still not being a fan)

jdhugryg
· Posted April 16, 2014 @ 10:34 pm
Yeah they don't need to add another group because Kara isn't the same if the add an extra two members

kalou_lee
· Posted April 16, 2014 @ 5:05 pm

I don't believe two new members are going to solve anything... Also whats so wrong with just the three girls. I mean i feel sad that the other two girls are leaving but adding new girls isn't going to be the same Kara group again. Just doesn;t feel right.

chelsea_alexa
· Posted April 16, 2014 @ 4:14 pm
The three member are going to do a fan meeting. It must be so hard on the girls. I'm sure that they were so close but I know that dsp were awful to them.

BCSN24
· Posted April 16, 2014 @ 10:52 am

The only smart move other than Nicole and Jiyong coming back to the group. And we all know that is not going to happen.

wgfan21
· Posted April 16, 2014 @ 10:28 am

Well we'll never know if it's going to benefit the group or not until it happens. I respect  their decision. Fighting!

shidaex
· Posted April 16, 2014 @ 7:20 am

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; nicolee TT_TT

shelsy
· Posted April 16, 2014 @ 6:26 am

Euh sorry but adding two members won't solve anything. They would end up like U-Kiss... They should just keep working at three.

Hermes
· Posted April 16, 2014 @ 6:07 am

I do suffer since Nicole and Jiyoung left KARA. I am with my full heart a Kamilia!

parkgyuriftw
· Posted April 16, 2014 @ 4:54 am

It seems like a lot of comments do not know the history of KARA. KARA originally started out with 4 members. Hara and Jiyoung are not original members, they joined after Sunghee left. Obviously the move worked out well because KARA took off in popularity after the two joined. Sad as it is that Nicole and Jiyoung left, it is their decision and should be respected. KARA member's ages are 25 (Gyuri and Seungyeon) and 23 (Hara), so they could use some new teenage members to draw a younger crowd (Hara and Jiyoung were 17 and 14, respectively, when they joined KARA).

nat_beccaa
· Posted April 17, 2014 @ 7:27 am
yes, BUT before sunghee left no one really got the chance to get to know her or the group. So when she left and was replaced it wasnt that hurtful. But now that kara has been around 6 years as 5 it is hard to see two wonderful members be replaced by two other members when peole have been used to jiyoung and nicole for sooooo long. i mean imagine if they did that with girls generation? people would go crazy! i agree with everyone else that it wont feel the same at all, but i will keep fighting with kara!

ballerz14_20
· Posted April 16, 2014 @ 4:47 am

just disbanded the group. KARA have live long enough. Enjoy the life after KARA, like SES