Social Media

Amy attends memorial service for deceased students of Sewol and shares her heartfelt letter

April 25, 2014 @ 4:39 pm
by starsung
  • 1
  • 4
  • 24
  • 10856
  • 583
Amy gave her condolences at the memorial service for the deceased students of the Sewol tragedy and shared a heartfelt letter.

SEE ALSO: [MV Review] MAMAMOO - 'Piano Man'

Amy shared the letter on her KakaoStory after attending the memorial service at Olympic Memorial Hall in Ansan, Gyeonggido according to a report by Hanguk Kyungjae TV, "I attended the makeshift memorial altar in honor of the Sewol victims in Ansan.. After only seeing it on TV.. This seemed surreal.. My heart hurts so much and for the bereaved families, friends.. and the children who became stars. Since there is nothing that I could do. I came to give my condolences.. The photos of the children...One by one...Flashed on the screen.. My heart feels so numb.. The sorrow was too much that it could not be expressed in words........ It is hard to express.. The pitiful children.. How scared you must have been..Lonely.. They must have had a hard time...

I'm sorry children. I am so incredibly sorry. I love you. Everyone loves you. The people who couldn't protect you are praying for you a lot. More so than my memorizing your photos in front of me, your faces are in my heart. I prayed as well. Please go to a good place."

Within two days of the temporary memorial service being opened, 35,000 people paid their condolences at the altar including celebrities Cha In Pyo, Shin Ae Rathe cast of 'Infinity Challenge', and more.

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 24 comments

Sort by:

lotsofonigiri
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 9:46 pm

#staystrongsouthkorea #prayforsouthkorea no word to express

BoomX2Brian
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 8:54 pm

I hear she is donating $10k worth of propofol to the families of the deceased to help ease their pain.

kyotae
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 7:24 pm

Can someone explain to me why this girl is famous? I seriously don't know...

danieb
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 8:12 am
Famous for being famous. Rich girl that hung out with celebrities, caught the eye of a producer, had a reality show, suspected of dating a celebrity, got caught with drugs, and had plastic surgery; basically another Paris Hilton (but Paris is doing way better). She does seem to be clean up her act though.
kyotae
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 4:08 pm
@danieb Ah that kind of girl. Thanks ;D

kingespada20
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 7:04 pm

This girl again.

truechu
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 6:25 pm

She didn't add anything new to the table did she? Her 'apology' letter looks like what everyone's been saying online... Almost copied word for word.

What is her apology good for? Is it going to bring back the dead or is it going to help the victim's family to recover? No. It doesn't do anything. Except getting her the attention she wouldn't have received normally.

I've read several news article about her and she doesn't seem like a good person at all. It makes me suspect that she has a greater motive for that 'apology' other than to apologize.

Actions speak louder than words and you don't see her donating or volunteering except crying crocodile tears to get attention (to have allkpop report on her is the greatest prove that her plans worked).

atlkpopfan
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 6:41 pm
What other words do you expect her to say? She didn't do anything wrong so it's not an apology letter that would go into detail about wrongdoings. Why are you so angry at her? There are a LOT of entertainers that did not choose to volunteer or donate. Not everyone responds the same way and not everyone is in a position to do those things. While you are blasting her out of misdirected anger..what are YOU doing? Did you donate? Did you volunteer somewhere?
truechu
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 7:42 pm
@atlkpopfan As you can tell from the other comments here or a simple google search, this girl isn't the nicest person you'll meet. She's known for using others to get what she wants (fame&money). It was a tragic accident involving many students not many years younger than I. Judging from Amy's past actions, I was upset that she might be using this tragic accident to get her 5 minutes of fame again. Her apology in my opinion was not needed and was not wanted. And to answer your question what I am doing: 1. I'm not korean nor am I fluent in that language. Donating to an organization to directly support the victims and their family is impossible for me. 2. I don't live in Korea so volunteering for this accident is again, impossible. I do volunteer regularly in my community and organizations that I feel the need to support. 3. I'm not posting "apology letters" on the internet to get likes. It's not going to help and I'd rather spend my time on things more productive. And last of all. I'm not angry. I'm only pointing out that Amy might've had a different set of plans for "apologizing" to the victims.
atlkpopfan
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 9:27 pm
@truechu I'm aware of her past transgressions, however that doesn't mean she's a heartless person with no other thoughts and feelings. There is no perfect person walking this earth. No one is all bad or all good. It's possible for people to do wrong in one area and still genuinely be compassionate and positive in another. Do only people with a squeaky clean image deserve to give their thoughts and condolences in this situation? 1. You don't have to speak Korean to donate. You can just send money or supplies (if you don't have the money) to one of the many organizations collecting donations. Giving assistance to charities in different countries happen all the time. 2. You don't have to be on the front lines to volunteer. How about starting your own group for collecting goods for the families or for the high schools? It's hard work but it can happen. Good job for volunteering in your own community though. 3. It wouldn't make sense for you to post an apology letter because you are not a celebrity and you've stated you don't speak the language. Why would you post the same kind of letter we've seen from K-celebs? I do understand that you think she MIGHT have had ulterior motives, but the thing is you don't know. You are condemning her based on her past which has absolutely nothing to do with this situation.
yuleylll
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 8:15 am
@truechu don't worry. I agree with you a 100%. There was no need to release her "apology" publicly. Learn from the IC cast and donate quietly. It was obvious that it was a publicity stunt and I really sympathize with the people who are really hurting right now.

sakurakou
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 6:13 pm

I thought she was park bom they look alike who is she ??

lulzbrooks
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 6:23 pm
A drug-addict
danieb
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 6:44 pm
They call her the Korean Paris Hilton. famous for being famous basically.
sakurakou
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 6:32 am
@danieb how come someone became famous or being famous O-o what does she o for life like what is her job actor singer ??
danieb
· Posted April 26, 2014 @ 8:07 am
@sakurakou Like Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton before they started "doing" things: Rich daddy, hangs out with celebrity and somehow gets on red carpets. She isn't an actress (I think she may have had a cameo), writer, or musician but she was on an episode of Star Golden Bell. She's just a spoiled rich girl that got to be on something like the Korean version of a reality show. It was only like a few episodes, people thought she was cute, and I think she dated someone famous. Basically she doesn't do anything but be famous for being famous (Wikipedia has the definition as someone who gets famous for no identifiable reason ). I don't hate her or anything, but she got that annoying "I must stay in the public eye" thing that most reality or famous for being famous people have along with unnecessary plastic surgery and drugs.

mirusako
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 5:27 pm

What she wrote came out touching.

Just seeing pics of the memorial shrine overwhelmed me.

#prayforsouthkorea

chelsea_alexa
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 5:19 pm
That's kind of her to say. This is such a tradegy. You would think that when a ship has issues and is sinking people wouldn't retreat to lower level or stay in their rooms. Unless it was a shooting. They should have ignored authority and escape. My heart goes out to the victims and their families as well.

Soo_Yoon
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 5:01 pm

wow. seriously, even in an article like this there are still so senseless people. -.-

mineback
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 4:59 pm

She looks like a boy

exobap182012
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 4:48 pm

Who

officialexotic
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 4:43 pm
What is wrong with her face
kpopneutralfan
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 4:45 pm
She had PS and it didn't go well. You can read all about it if you Google her. It's kinda sad.
danieb
· Posted April 25, 2014 @ 6:45 pm
@kpopneutralfan Yeah she was actually really pretty and cute before.
The End